No More Cake for Me!

Nomorecake said:
I think I'm on day 20.....I have now been to 3 emergency dentists, as the first appointment at my dentist is in October! I am now on 2 different lots of antibiotics, codine and ibuprofen (when the pain gets too bad) which is every couple of hours, and I have been told that I need to get the root canal treatment done before I go on hols next weekend or I run the risk of it turning into an abscess because if the heat!.....needless to say I haven't really been that concerned on what I have eaten.....I have had porridge and some pasta a few times to try and soak up the tablets as my stomach is a mess and I have eaten some fruit.....hope I haven't done too much damage. Off to bed as I'm working tomorrow to make up for the time I've missed this week as I have been off my face most of it and couldnt drive (prescribed drugs!) and I've got a whole heap of work to do before I go on hols! First weekend I've worked in years....hope it goes quick!

Oh awful! Bless you, root canal treatment before your holiday is major!
That is a fair amount of drugs you are taking, be very careful !
sorry you have to work the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks BB, forgot the most important part of yesterday......got into my jeans for the first time in about 18months! They are a size 18 but a small 18 and they are too big on the waist and I have a bit of a saggy arse but I wore my jeans!!! Also a few people commented that I was looking "slim" and I thanked them, I didn't shy away from the compliment or make some funny quip back and I felt good!......if only my face wasn't killing me! Anyway off to work I go!

Nomorecake said:
Thanks BB, forgot the most important part of yesterday......got into my jeans for the first time in about 18months! They are a size 18 but a small 18 and they are too big on the waist and I have a bit of a saggy arse but I wore my jeans!!! Also a few people commented that I was looking "slim" and I thanked them, I didn't shy away from the compliment or make some funny quip back and I felt good!......if only my face wasn't killing me! Anyway off to work I go!

Wow! It's a fab feeling isn't it! I was out with my partner in crime/diet yesterday, she was wearing a size 18 jeans with a belt to hold them on, with saggy bum and hanging off the thighs as well, so I can picture what that'll look like!!
Trying to convince her to go try on a size 16 was hard, but I hope she does as it will be a fantastic boost!
I hope if you can also remove your jeans without undoing them that you go try another size?

Hope your meds take the pain away and you get through your work toute suite!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

BB, Can't get them off without undoing them (not lost that much yet!)

Day 21 - work wasn't so bad, quite nice being in when there's not that many people there as I got more done! Had an ok day pack wise.....still on the drugs and the infection is getting a bit better but still feeling rough. Only a week to go until hols, I'm going to weigh in the morning but I have had a sneaky peek all week and guess what i've STS. Oh well the real work starts when I get back from hols as it all needs to be gone by Xmas!

Hope your feeling better hun

Not long till holidays now :)

X

Cheers RebekahR!

Day 22 - STS as predicted....I'm ok with it as I haven't been great, still on drugs but no codine now so not feeling as wobbly and out of it! This time next week i'll be sunning myself, 2 stone lighter not exactly where I wanted to be but I'm not nearly 17 stone anymore which is a touch! I'm going to be as good as I can this week and take it easy on hols, as I don't want to do too much damage as it'll just be harder when I get back. I'm not taking packs on hols as I have worked all year for this holiday and me and the hubby want to go away chill out and enjoy ourselves but I am a little worried....won't be drinking for the first week as I'll still be on antibiotics and I'm usually a social drinker so I don't think alcohol is a problem, the desserts are always tasteless (look good but taste crap which is good news as I a bugger for afters!) so as long as I stick to mostly protein and veg/salad I should be ok.....just need to stay away from the dreaded carbs! Haven't excercised since Monday as I have felt too rough, still don't feel up to it but I need to get my arse back in gear as I do feel so much brighter when I've done something, plus I sleep better too.....and on that note I'm off to bed!

Last edited:
Day 23 - an ok day today! Packs done! 4 ltrs done! Still not well and feeling really rough so I'm off to bed with a hot ater bottle as I am freezing!

Day 24 - just got in as I went shopping (again!) and then went for dinner with friends.......went to a Havester and had salad and chicken.....did have a Pepsi max and haven't drink enough water today as im headachey and my lips are really dry! Off to bed as I'm hanging!

Hey u, sounds like ur doing well given all the things going on! When aren't having your root canal. Have they suggested u eat before that for the anesthetix? Mind you, being more spaced out for it doesn't seem like a bad thing in theory!! I hope it goes well anyway and settles down before you jet off for the sun. Where are you going x

Hiya HTBSS, I hadn't thought about the anesthetic!.....I'm having it done Friday afternoon (I hope ....as they may not do it if the infections not completely gone apparently) we are off to Sharm el sheik can't wait as I really need a break and sitting on my not as fat as it once was arse will be wonderful!

Day 25 - Haven't had a very good day today.....thought it was too good to be true.....oh well tomorrows another day.....think I may be getting into holiday mode a bit too early!

Good luck for tomorrow hun, let us know how you get on. Fx'd for a good day for you today x

My silence probably speaks volumes.....fell off the wagon a little bit.....really just want to get to Sharm, chill for a bit and come back and get back on it properly.....off to work for a few hours and then the dreaded dentist....hope it goes well and it finally gets sorted!

Well we are now in Sharm after the mother of all delays at Gatwick! Arrived at 6.30 for our 10.00 flight and was delayed due to an electical fault (not what you want to hear when you have to eventually get on the plane!) until 17.30, got to our hotel at 23.30.....thought this was a low point and a rubbish start to the holiday but no it gets worse, noticed that some of the luggage was wet when the carousel was going round, so when my case finally turns up it was soaking, everyone was chatting and said they must have left some of the luggage out in the rain at Gatwick, wiped the ca down and thought I'd better check and make sure it hadn't got damp inside and when I opened it everything was soaking wet, even flips flops were wet and my hair dryer and ghd's were also soaked.....all that shopping, ironing and packing for no reason as I have had to pay to get everything washed and dried....haven't summoned up the courage to check the ghd's and hair dryer yet.....if I end up looking like MJ when he was with the Jackson 5 we know they are buggered! On a plus side the hotel is lovely and the cocktail menu has my name written all over it as the last couple of days have been ****, so I'm going to have a few today to get over it! Food is ok, quite basic buffet type stuff, still going to try and stick to mainly protein.....as predicted the desserts look fab but taste if nothing so I had a couple of slices of watermelon instead! Another good point after yet another disappointing trip to the dentist on Friday where I was told they couldn't do the work as I would need a longer appointment I now have another weeks supply of antibiotics to use if the pain starts again...the good news is there's no pain and that why I'm on the cocktails!

Have a fabulous time. Put all this, diet & teeth, to the back of your mind. Have a fabulous holiday, it's hammering with rain here, enjoy everything and come back a happy bunny ready for the run down to Christmas! x

Cheers HTBSS!
Having a lovely time apart from being full up with a cold......does it ever stop! Think I may be a bit run down so I'm going to chill and soak up the sun.....well it would be rude not too!

I think I have found the answer to losing weight on an all inclusive holiday.....stay at this hotel as the food is rank! That said I am living on bread and rice which doesn't bode well.....I am however drinking heavily as its the only way to get over my cold! Actually looking forward to getting back to S&S as having to think about food really is a pain in the arse!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday hun and look forward to hearing how you get on when your back x
I defo think you need to have ur fill (no pun intended) before you get back on the s&s path x

Ok so I'm back and I'm 8lbs heavier.....I am really surprised as the food was pony and I have lived on rice, beef or chicken with some sort of gravy, I have however been drinking mojitos so I reckon the 8lbs is the sugar from them!
Well I'm not going to let it get me down as I made the decision to enjoy my holiday and I had a lovely time with my hubby and a few things made me realise that this year needed to be the last time I will be heavy on holiday.....the first was on the plane on the way out, hubby was pushing the arm rest down between us and was getting a little frustrated that it wouldn't go flat....I had to point out that it was my hips and fat stopping it.....I know he loves me but I know he was disappointed that I hadn't lost the weight in time for the holiday which is what I had planned. He never says anything and is really supportive and he's been really good as I was always a gym bunny and although I was a few stone overweight I was relatively fit and then I stopped going once the wedding was over and the last few years I have put more and more weight on and not exercising hasn't helped, but he decided to join the gym with me so we could do it together and he went nearly everyday for the last 3 months and I have been about 5 times. During the holiday he dropped a few subtle hints about taking some classes and getting a personal trainer to help motivate me so I need to kick myself up the arse and start making more of an effort for both our sakes!
Another thing that stood out on holiday was that I was the biggest person round the pool and I was the only one who covered up whenever I went to the loo or the pool bar....I realised that life is easier when you can just walk round without having to cover your arms/arse etc!
I also noticed that all i do is think about my weight, moan about my weight.....it's a good job my hubby is so good as I don't think I would be as understanding if it was the other way round, I would have snapped by now and told him to do something about it or get over it by now if i had to listen to it constantly.......this is also something that has spurred me on so tomorrow is a new start for me! I need to do this and do it quickly as ideally I want to be at goal by Xmas and the extra I've gained on holiday has put me back a bit.....oh well bring on the water and ketosis!

Day 1 - a good day today, struggled with water so havent drunk enough, had my packs tho! Had a headache all day but that's to be expected.......roll on day 2!

Back