• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

No more CD bars

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
Yep, that's right - decision made! No more bars for me again. :sigh:

I was completely ss yesterday - 2 sachet shakes and 1 bar with 3 litres of water. Then low and behold 1lb gain on the scales this morning :cry::cry::cry:

The bars seem to really effect my weight losses, so I'm not bothering with them anymore. They aren't exactly Cadbury's anyway! :p lol

Will miss my 1 a week treat - I will have to find other ways of treating myself during the week :)

Sorry for the moan! :eek:

Hugs x x x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

LizzMB

WILL be Slim!
i dont have the bars as it just feels odd having chocolate when i'm on such a VLCD. my mindset for you lol

i'm voting for a new pair of shoes as a treat each week! lol
:D
xxx

fed-up-and-fat

hoping for a good loss
hugs Emma, good decision if you feel it affects weight that much. Are you sure the gain isn't due to water retention or needing a poo?

I too vote for a new pair of shoes each week instead as a treat

Charlie xx

Brave decision,I have a daily bar and love em! I am too weak to give them up,but it would be interesting if I had the will power to see what happened if I stuck to the shakes. x

fitz

Lovin it !!! :)
I weigh myself everyday just to get a picture of weight fluctuations & can go 3/4 days with no loss or gains but then come to weigh day it always adjusts corrrectly to a loss - may not necessarily be the bar - probably water retention - bars do need extra water with them anyhoo according to the pack ?

Emma...do you think its the bars?? seems an odd one doesnt it??

Speaking away from your actual issue...i cant see how one bar can make a gain?? doesnt add up :(

I used to have one every day and still lost normally..ok thats me..and this is you....lol but when you think how little carbs are in 1 bar...it makes ya think

I can aslo go up by 5 pounds in one day!!! grrrr then all off again by the morning..the scales are the devil lol
x

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
lol - I remember experimenting last year. The weeks I had 1 a day I had a very small weekly loss (maybe 2lbs) the weeks I had just shakes or tetras I was one happy woman!!! I think I am going to stay off the scales until maybe the day before official weigh in because I am getting a little obsessive - it's the first thing I do in the morning :eek: Maybe a break away from excessive weighing would be better! Still, I am defo knocking the CD bars on the head for a few weeks. I may try one again at a later stage, but right now I think i'll stick with porridge and shakes! :)

Hi ive just finished a cranberry crunch bar ( didnt want it to finish really lol)

I have never experinced gains but will check in the morning, yes Emma try the porridges for a while hun.x

As Mrs. Essex says, the scales are the devil. I weigh less or more depending where I site them in the bathroom.
However, I have problems with the bars, they trigger a desire to visit the Marks and Spencers food hall for more chocolatey cakey items.
It does seem a shame Emma to give up your once a week treat of a bar. I usually have just the one after a weekly or fortnightly weigh-in but sometimes we do need to make certain tough decisions for the greater good.
I am sure that weight will soon drop off as mysteriously as it appeared x

As Mrs. Essex says, the scales are the devil. I weigh less or more depending where I site them in the bathroom.

Sooooo true! I moved mine one place, I weighted 16st, moved to another 14st, to another 12st and one place even said 10st!!!! I think I'm 12st as I'm a size 14 (getting tight now after xmas:cry:), but I'm not completely sure of my weight lol.

rebecca02uk

Wants to be slim :)
I can aslo go up by 5 pounds in one day!!! grrrr then all off again by the morning..the scales are the devil lol
x
I thought that was just me!! haha
I moved my scales to my kitched yday instead of the bathroom and it took 4lbs off of me HAHAHA

But i think i may weigh myself in the kitchen from now on... ;)

I could not do it without the bars. They may slow me down but without them I couldn't cope at all.
You have done so well and I'm sure you know what is right for you.
Maro

rebecca02uk

Wants to be slim :)
I think I am going to stay off the scales until maybe the day before official weigh in because I am getting a little obsessive - it's the first thing I do in the morning :eek: Maybe a break away from excessive weighing would be better!
Noooo don't do that - that's the exciting bit!!! Needless to say that on a work day, that's all I look forward to waking up for haha
The scales really intrigue me because it's amazing how ones body can change so much throughout the day!

AlyB

Emma, you might just be super sensitive to the carbs, some people are apparently, I have a bar every day, and have been know to have two a day (even thought youre not meant to!) and its never affected me.. cant really understand how 1 a week can hurt..
but agree with Becca, STAY OFF THE SCALES!!!

xxx

Hayley 22

would like to be slim
I can only get my scales to work in the downstairs loo so there they stay! They wont work on carpet at all..... Im not sure i trust or believe my scales but we'll see if they match my CDC's.(when i get there).

I too do it as a morning ritual before work :D