No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Weigh in today! 1.5lb off - only a pound to go and I will be in the 10's!

Happy with that at this time of year, I can't imagine what I would weigh now if I hadn't started this when I did! I guess it helped that the rich food didn't agree with me in the end, it was easy to stick to plan!

Well I will be having a few drinkies tonight but will eat a good meal before I go out (I don't tend to pick at buffet food so should be fine on that front)
It's a fancy dress party so I have opted for something big and baggy. Next year whatever the theme it's gonna be something slinky!! :D

Feeling good about 2014 and I don't have to make a resolution! (Other than to buy myself some nice new clothes when I am down to target, that will be an easy one to keep! ;))

:party0016: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

HNY.jpg

Last edited:
Well done!!!

I loved dropping into the 10's, it just made me feel so much better about myself as the number was 10 and not 11 or even 12! x

Last day of 2013

Tuesday 31st December

Healthy Extras
a 40g Reduced fat Cheddar
b 2 x Alpen light bars

Breakfast: Banana, Grapes, Muller Light Yoghurt
Lunch: Jacket Potato with Baked Beans and HEXa Cheese and salad
Dinner: SW Cottage Pie and Vegetables

Syns
Fun size curly wurly 3.5
Gravy 1
Hp Sauce 1

Total Syns 5.5/105

Going to count down syns this week to see how much damage tonight does!

Off out shortly. See you all in 2014 :)

Last edited:
Hi Chrissie

I know just how you feel. Have messed around with my weight over the last couple of years so am starting afresh in 2014. I've set my start date as next Monday as I'm away this weekend but will try to be 'good' as much as possible. I'll be back at Slimming World next Wednesday and then, like you, I'd determined to make 2014 my year to get to goal; and stay there. Will set my goals next week once I know where I'm starting from.

Good luck and hope to see you around the site; this is my first time here too. :)

Rita

Hi Rita.

Thanks for popping in and good luck for the New Year. I have found this site so helpful, everyone is so nice and we all have something in common :)

Sent from my smarter than me phone MiniMins.com App

Thanks Chrissie

I downloaded the app too last night so am ready to go. Got weighed this morning and there were no surprises; weighed more than I wanted too. Starting from today, but am away for the weekend so will have to have my head on right to make sure I make wise choices. Am looking to start a diary myself today so will be prepared and it might keep me on the straight and narrow.

Have joined the January Challenge too so it won't be for the want of trying if I don't lose; it will be my fault and that's not going to happen this year.

Happy New Year!!

Rita :new_year:

Wednesday 1st January 2014! Happy New Year!! :)

I hope everyone had a fab night and is not feeling too worse for wear today :)

For me, last night wasn't too bad at all syn wise, I decided that I didn't really feel like drinking so why waste syns? My IBS flared up on Christmas Day and hasn't fully settled down even though I am eating properly, I guess it's just a matter of getting the balance right and my body getting used to it. But alcohol aggrevates it which was another reason I didn't really fancy drinking.

Nobody noticed because I was still having a dance and enjoying myself, I had one very small vodka and cranberry when I arrived and then just drank cranberry light after that and made sure I poured my own drinks. I did have a champagne to toast the new year and a small dash of lemonade at one point to make the cranberry a little more interesting, oh yes and one jelly sweet as I just could not resist :D

This morning I had a few syns though but not as many as I thought now that I have totted them up, Our group of friends take it in turns to cook a big fry up on New Years Day and I offered to do it this year, which worked out well for me as I wasn't hungover so got up nice and early to get everything ready, we had 9 for breakfast (lunchtime by the time everyone turns up) and I cooked everything the SW way :)

Last nights syns:
Ocean Spray Cranberry Light approx 750ml 3 syns
Champagne 6 syns
small vodka 2.5 syns
Splash lemonade 1 syn
Jelly Sweet 1 syn
Total 13.5

For my breakfast: Tassimo Cappuccino (2.5) Bacon (free) Linda McCartney Red Onion Sausage (free) Mushrooms (free) Baked Beans (free) Streaky bacon (1.5) Spoonful of scrambled Eggs cooked with a little milk (1.5)

Syns so far today 5.5

Countdown Syns 24.5/105

Friends gone home, kitchen back to normal (well normal for me anyhoo) so it's time to get comfy on the sofa with the cat, (hubby has his own long sofa that he can lay down on, pretty much takes up most of our lounge!) and see what cr@p films we will have to endure this fine New Year's Day - It's certainly not going for a nice long walk weather!!

Last edited:
Hi Chrissie

Sounds like you had a great night without going mad and the sys are well within range.

No hangover and able to choose what you want for breakfast, because you're making it; you should feel pretty good.

Weighed myself this morning and was more than I wanted to be, but that's all behind me now ... here's to a Slimmer New Year!!

Rita xx

Hi Chrissie
Sounds like you had a great night without going mad and the sys are well within range.
No hangover and able to choose what you want for breakfast, because you're making it; you should feel pretty good.
Weighed myself this morning and was more than I wanted to be, but that's all behind me now ... here's to a Slimmer New Year!!
Rita xx

Hi Rita, I do feel better for being good and I still enjoyed myself but I suppose even though my weight loss so far doesn't really show, I already feel more confident in myself because I know I WILL lose it. You can only do it when you are ready and it sounds like you are determined now too! :) Have a great 2014, I look forward to supporting your progress and will look out for your diary :)

Glad you had a good night without all the syns.mines as quiet too only one wine and one rekorderlig cider because I'm too traumatized from my Xmas Ibs. Hope your symptoms clear up soon x
Hiya! Thanks, it's quite nice starting a New Year without feeling hungover and tired isnt it? :)
I already feel better today actually, I think I need to stop stressing about going over my syns every now and then though as stress and worry are not good for IBS either. I think once I have got to my 10% mini goal I might allow myself to relax a bit ;)

Hi Rita, I do feel better for being good and I still enjoyed myself but I suppose even though my weight loss so far doesn't really show, I already feel more confident in myself because I know I WILL lose it. You can only do it when you are ready and it sounds like you are determined now too! :) Have a great 2014, I look forward to supporting your progress and will look out for your diary :)

Glad you found my diary and look forward to keeping in touch and encouraging each other.

We WILL lose it this year!!

Just to finish off todays menu..

For tea we had SW chicken Kiev, SW chips and salad 3 syns and YUM!!!

And a cappuccino earlier today 3.5

Count down syns day 2: 31/105 almost back on track! :)

Sent from my smarter than me phone MiniMins.com App

Hi Chrissie

Looks like you had a good day yesterday.

I'm still not fully back in the swing of things but then I think that's because I know I'm going away this weekend; I could do better I'm sure but I'm trying to keep the syns to a minimum to make sure I have some in hand.

Hope today has been good for you too. x

Hi Chrissie

Looks like you had a good day yesterday. I'm still not fully back in the swing of things but then I think that's because I know I'm going away this weekend; I could do better I'm sure but I'm trying to keep the syns to a minimum to make sure I have some in hand. Hope today has been good for you too. x

Hi Rita, Today has been good thank you, I must admit that I bought a bag of funsize treats today though, I suddenly started to feel deprived because Hubby had left out a big box of chocolates that his sister had bought for both of us (grrrr..) but I haven't had one, but they are staring at me, (Normally I would have attacked them while he was at work, you know? "one more won't hurt" and then feel horrid and guilty and wonder how I would explain the missing chocolates to him later on, if it was something I could replace I probably would have bought more!)

I haven't actually had my treat yet but I feel better that I can if I want to :) My favourite treat is a funsize curly wurly because I can eat it really slowly and it's only 3 syns, the only way you can buy them though is in the multipack bags. So I tipped all the treats into a box and have written the syns on them in black felt tip pen, then put the box slightly out of reach, I have to go on tippy toes to get it down :)

I told hubby he could help himself as long as he leaves the curly wurlys alone :D

Have a great weekend away, it's always difficult to stay completely on plan when you can't control it but I think that when you are in the right mind set it does help, I have a lunch to go to on Sunday for my Nephew's 21st, luckily being a lunch it won't be too boozy but it's in a pub so I suspect it will be something fried or covered in pastry... I will just be as careful as I can but I am not going to eat something I don't like just to be "good" ;)

Take care and have fun! xx

Back