No more excuses! Back again for 2015

Did somebody mention holidays?!!! Can I come please?!

6 weeks is a long time hun. The best advice I can give you is to increase your super free. I tend to have 3/4 veg and 1/4 meat and my losses are so much better than last time I was on SW x

Last time I was on holiday I just had loads of fresh fruit in morning salads and meats and stuff for lunch loads of watermelon then just enjoyed myself each evening and tried to swim in the pool loads! Then you can enjoy each evening but try to be good in the day x

That's my plan too. It will be an all inclusive trip, I just have to remind myself that I don't have to make sure I get my moneys worth in food haha!

Two holidays - sounds fab!!!! I'm sure you'll work out a plan as to how you deal with it, ie damage limitation or off plan. Whatever you decide you know you will be lighter than if not on plan at all and as everyone is saying there will be options of food that are better than others. My holiday last Oct I gained 8lbs and still working to lose that, 2.5 of Xmas gain and another lb to pre hol weight, but sometimes life happens around the plan, bit of a scenic route to target or you can stay in the fast lane. Mine was steady route but stopped off at some service stations and now back on the route :) and you still have six weeks pre hols. Re size of the other girls, we are all unique and different and not everyone can be size 6/8 - personally I'd look ill. We are all different - be yourself - Marilyn Munroe was curvy and a sex goddess so let your inner goddess shine :) xx.

Two holidays - sounds fab!!!! I'm sure you'll work out a plan as to how you deal with it, ie damage limitation or off plan. Whatever you decide you know you will be lighter than if not on plan at all and as everyone is saying there will be options of food that are better than others. My holiday last Oct I gained 8lbs and still working to lose that, 2.5 of Xmas gain and another lb to pre hol weight, but sometimes life happens around the plan, bit of a scenic route to target or you can stay in the fast lane. Mine was steady route but stopped off at some service stations and now back on the route :) and you still have six weeks pre hols. Re size of the other girls, we are all unique and different and not everyone can be size 6/8 - personally I'd look ill. We are all different - be yourself - Marilyn Munroe was curvy and a sex goddess so let your inner goddess shine :) xx.

Aww thanks Sharon. I like the way you described the journey! :)

I would look ill too. And it would probably age me by 10 years! The daft thing is that I know my size 6 friend suffers just as much as I do. She will not feel confident in what she is wearing and will get changed 5 times before going out! She has always been small and would rather be bigger, we can never get it right can we? :)

It certainly gives me a project for the next 6 weeks!

Sunday 12th January 2014

Ok, so I have looked at today's menu and it's almost an "original", If I have 230g of potato that is, but I would have to have another HEXa and it was hard enough eating 75g of philadelphia.... so I am sticking to extra easy but will keep an eye on my potato portions for a while to see if that makes any difference.. I really don't think I can go "green" as we have meat or poultry every day and hubby would need different meals to me.
No body magic today so will need to do some tomorrow!

Free Foods
baked beans in tomato sauce, Linda McCartney's, Red Onion & Rosemary Sausages, frozen 6 pack, eggs, chicken, potatoes, bacon, broccoli, mushrooms, grapes, pickled onions, cauliflower

Healthy Extras
a 75g Philadelphia Light
b 60g of any wholemeal bread

Breakfast: Red onion & rosemary sausages, bacon, baked beans, "fried" egg and mushrooms
Lunch: Wholemeal roll with philadelphia light and black grapes, with extra philadelphia on the side, pickled onions and bunch of grapes.
Dinner: Roast Chicken, SW Roast Potatoes, Broccoli, cauliflower, schwartz gravy.

Syns

Schwartz Gravy Portion 2
Nescafe, Cafe Menu Cappuccino, Original, dried 3½
Golden Wonder, Ringos Cheese & Onion 3½
Treat Size Curly Wurly 3
Total Syns 12

Last edited:
Busy day running errands and doing paperwork so I still haven't managed my walk and the heavens just opened along with some impressive thunder and lightening, so it's not looking promising at the moment :(

I wouldn't normally list every food like this but I copied it from the SW site where I still complete the food diary, and wanted to see just how many superfree foods I was having...:cool:

Superfree Foods:
Tomatoes, sharon fruit (persimmon), mushrooms peppers, green beans, sweet potatoes, bananas, blueberries, pears, raspberries
Free Foods: Vinegar, Liquid stock concentrate, Tomato puree, Chopped Garlic in White Wine Vinegar, Mullerlight Toffee Yogurt, Rice, Beef, Coffee, Worcestershire Sauce

Healthy Extras
a 40g Reduced fat Cheddar
b 1 slice Allinson Wholemeal Batch Bread (800g sliced loaf)

Breakfast:
Fruit Salad with Toffee Muller Light Yoghurt
Lunch: (The rest of the) Fruit Salad with Banana & Custard Muller Light Yoghurt
Afternoon snack: Hexa Cheese on Hexb Slice, with Sliced Mushrooms and Tomatoes on top with a little worcestershire sauce - Yum :)
Dinner: Caribbean Pepperpot Stew with Boiled Rice

Syns:
Treat size bag choccy buttons 3.5
Treat size curly wurly 3
Total syns 6.5

Last edited:
Tuesday 14th January

Thanks for your support guys, it means a lot :)

Well I have managed to faff around the house for most of the morning and breakfast turned into brunch. I did achieve loads though, I went through my underwear and sock drawers and threw away everything that I have been hanging on to that is either worn out, doesn't fit (some because they are too big now yay!) or I know I will never wear... ever again :) It was very satisfying! I had planned to do this regularly anyway so that by the time I am at target I have also had a good de-clutter... Hopefully I will find some things to sell to fund my new wardrobe (eventually) too!
I am taking Dad to a hospital appointment later on and it always messes up my eating plan so this has probably worked out well, I ended up with a filling brunch and will have some fruit and yoghurt when I get back later,... Tonights dinner is a bit of an experiment, I am out again with my walking buddies so want to make sure dinner is all sorted, I had some tandoori spices so I mixed some into a fat free greek yoghurt, added some lemon juice and a few squirts of frylight buttery and have left 2 chicken breasts marinating in it in the fridge. I will cook tonight in a hot oven for about 25 mins and see what happens, the chicken will be fine but whether the "tandoori" part works we shall have to wait and see! But if it does, it will be syn free!

Healthy Extras
a 40g Reduced fat Cheddar
b 2 Alpen light Bars

Brunch:
Mushroom omelette made with Hexa Cheese, 3 eggs and loads of mushrooms - lovely jubbly!
Afternoon Snack: Raspberries, blueberries and banana with Muller Light yoghurt
Dinner: Experimental Tandoori Chicken, Potato Wedges and Salad

Syns
HP Sauce tbsn 1
187ml bottle wine 7
Pud made with 4.5 syns (meringue, choc chips)
Total Syns 12.5

Update: My sister ended up coming to stay so I quickly added another chicken breast to the mix when I got back from Dads. The chicken "Tandoori" was gorgeous! More lemony than tandoori but the yoghurt mix stayed coated on the chicken and didn't go all watery...perhaps because it was total 0% which is quite thick... Anyway will deffo make this again! :)

Last edited:
Fantastic weight loss Chrissie :). You're right that whatever size we are, ie your tiny friend, we can be v critical of ourselves. I think we have to make the most of all our good bits and accept that we are only human after all, not an air brushed magazine version that just isn't real or a size zero model that quite frankly I would not want to look like and if most guys are honest they find way too thin and prefer curves :) petit and small is fine if that someone's natural frame, my daughter at 8/10 and shorter looks lovely and has curves but anorexic models look like they've been starved.

Wednesday 15th January

Another uneventful day, another appointment for Dad which took up most of the afternoon, Managed to give one room a good "spring" clean before I left but missed lunch! I did make some weetabix muffins this morning, so munched those throughout the day when I had time to sit down with a hot drink... :)

Healthy Extras

a 30g Cheddar
b 2 Weetabix

Breakfast: Half pot of muller yoghurt with banana and grapes
Snacks throughout day: Weetabix muffins, grapes
Dinner: SW Meatballs and Wholemeal Spaghetti with SW Arrabiatta sauce and my hexa cheese grated on top

Syns
Nescafe Cafe Menu Cappuccino Strong 2.5
10g Sultanas (in muffins) 1.5
Treat size crunchie 4
Treat size curly wurly 3
Total Syns 11

Last edited:
Can anyone help, I'm so frustrated I've been eating slimming world with two days a week of eating much less to speed things on I've just been weighed and I've put 3 pound on??!!

Back