No more excuses! Back again for 2015

I love the fact that you don't need to par boil first!

Must try things other than potato though! :D

Sent from my smarter than me phone MiniMins.com App

I make chicken fajitas and that sort of thing in mine.
I would be careful with frylight though because it can make them go sticky and nasty. I prefer to use the minimum of oil and syn it.
You can't beat potato!

I love fajitas!

The frylight problen was kind of why I chose the Breville one as their instructions say you can use it. I only coat the food rather than spray into the bowl. (Hark at me! I am talking like an expert, I've only used it twice! :D) But will use oil too as I am sure the taste is worth the syns!

Sent from my smarter than me phone MiniMins.com App

Ok! Slept until 7 this morning so hopefully have broken the pattern :) Finished clearing out the "larder" cupboard so that I have somewhere to put the breville fryer when its not in use. Our house was built in the 50's when they still used larders, it's a good space but nowadays it has the central heating pipes running through it so it's always warm in there, so I can't store vegetables or anything in there anymore...

I have had my Cheese hexa and Alpen lights for my hexb, fruit and muller yoghurt for brekkie and JP with beans and salad for lunch... I used 0.5 syns on some low fat caesar dressing. I haven't typed it out properly again because we are eating out tonight, my friend is cooking and he knows I am dieting but I don't suppose that will make a difference :D I wouldn't want it to either really, I told him I was allowed to relax sometimes! I am driving though so I have an excuse not to drink :)

I have also been eating more of my syns this week to see what if any difference it makes, unfortunately this means I don't have many left so will just have to go over today. I have organised a long walk for Sunday morning with the girls so that should help :)

One of the main problems with kitchen gadgets is storage. I have a designated gadget cupboard that has a strict one in one out policy - or so the husband thinks!
I'm a sucker for a gadget ;-)

Sunday 19th January

Last night was pretty good syn wise, and an excellent evening entertainment wise! :) I had saved most of my syns just in case, I had one small glass of fizz then went onto soft drinks as I was driving, We had a salad to start - which did have fried wholemeal pitta bread and nuts mixed in, I avoided lots of the nuts but couldn't resist the pitta, it was soooo yummy, my friend said he used a lot less oil than he would normally (bless him!) and he served the dressing seperately. To follow we had a very tasty roast chicken dish and cous cous, there was a glaze on the chicken but I didn't eat the skin so I think it was pretty much a free of syn dish!

Walked nearly 5 miles this morning and the weather was fab! I have the munchies today though so have probably drunk my body weight in water! :D

Healthy Extras
a 30g Cheddar
b 2 slices of wholemeal bread from 400g loaf

Breakfast: Muller yoghurt with banana and grapes
Lunch: hexa cheese on hexb toast (with peppers, onions and mushrooms and worcester sauce)
Snack: Banana and packet of Golden Wonder RingOs
Dinner: SW Roast Chicken Dinner

Syns
Gravy portion 2
RingOs 3.5
Cappuccino Strong 2.5
Treat size smarties 3.5
Treat size curly wurly 3
Total Syns 14.5

Last edited:
Once again I am up at 5am!! Cat and husband snoring to blame this time! :doh:

Oh well, That will give me time to figure out what to do for dinner, I have a late afternoon meeting in London so have no idea what time I will get back...

Ok.. So I am sitting on the train from Waterloo and I am starving!!!

I have a chicken chasseur in the slow cooker and I won't be home for another hour.

Breakfast. Muller Light Yoghurt with chopped banana and grapes

Lunch. Jacket Potato with Salad Hexa Cheese and Tuna

125ml wine while waiting for train :eek: 4.5 syns

To be continued. ..

Got home at 10 oclock :( The train journey should have been 30 minutes, then I had a short drive home so should have been here ages ago! Signal failure somewhere apparently.

Anyway, by the time I got in I really didn't feel like the chicken so had a cappuccino 3.5 syns and a couple of Alpen Light Bars (Hexb)

May have a chocolate treat for 4 syns in a minute too! :)

Total syns today 12

Well do e on the 2lbs off Chrissie :). Just catching up in your dairy, fur balls early am sounds a bit if a rude awakenung. V busy week by the looks of it and Actifry. Heard they are good. I've fallen iff the wagon good and proper and need to sort, just been a bit stressful and I caved oops lol. Will get back to it.

Well do e on the 2lbs off Chrissie :). Just catching up in your dairy, fur balls early am sounds a bit if a rude awakenung. V busy week by the looks of it and Actifry. Heard they are good. I've fallen iff the wagon good and proper and need to sort, just been a bit stressful and I caved oops lol. Will get back to it.
Morning Sharon! Yes it's been an odd week! Although I seem to have managed to keep to a sort of plan :) I will be falling off the wagon in a few weeks when we go away so I want to lose as much as I can before we go as I am sure half of what I have lost will be going straight back on :doh:
I must catch up on everyone's diaries! I have been popping in briefly to update and haven't really caught up with anything else....

Back