No More Fat Ted!!

This_time_girlie said:
you sound like your doing great! well done you. I have a friend whose also a little funny whenever i go on a diet, i think she feels like she shold be cutting down if i am and the preceeds to try and tempt me in a million ways! good luck xxx

Ha ha ha! That is mean trying to tempt you when they know youre on a diet!! Keep up the good work resisting it all!! Like I said above I think she is a bit unhappy with me about something else and was just being funny about that too :(

Serves me right for trying to weigh in a day early!! My electronic scales are bust. Thought it was the battery but its still being funny after I changed the battery!!! So I have dug out my old mechanical ones and wait for this.............they had me at 10st 12!!!!!!! 8-O

There is no flamming way Ive lost half a stone in a week (unless its all water!) so I am putting the difference down to the change in scales. I wont be having any mid week way ins on these ones tho cos they are so erratic it will make me depressed.

Im having a really lazy weekend. I didnt do much yesterday - long lie in, bit of telly, did a long walk with the OH (3.5 miles!), went looking for a bike for him and some other bits of shopping and just chilled out with a dvd. Im feeling like more of the same today. Im wanting to give the house a good scrub and then crack on with an exercise dvd. Footballs on this afternoon and then if its still nice we might do another walk.

Ive been thinking about maybe joining a gym. Cos of changes to my job I have a lot more time to myself in the week while everyone else I know is in work :( so I thought it would be a constructive way of getting me out the house more. There is a fancy hotel and a council leisure centre near ours that both do no contract pay monthly for about £30 so I might have a look at them on my day off tomorrow. I do like the idea of going back to a gym and starting running again like I did a few years ago. I was actually bigger then than I am now, but I was a lot fitter! Its just after running for an hour I would then have loads of sweets and takeaways, but would wonder why I didnt lose weight?! The things we do!!

Im also pleased with my whole attitude towards the gym that its to get me fitter and out of the house rather than to lose so much weight by a certain date. I thought about it last night that Ive had two months of eating what I want when I want (three choccie bars a day and takeout every weekend) and no exercise to get me to this state. So I know that its gonner take at least two months of eating healthy and exercising to get me back to where I was after xmas. I like this attitude!!!

Must go and do the house work now I guess :(

So, the offical weigh in this morning has me at 10st 10?!!!! Deffo the scales are a bit dodgy! I saw a post on another category on here about weighing in monthly and Im thinking this is a good idea with my scales being the way they are!!

Ive been thinking today about the week ahead cos I go onto shifts at work and Im getting a bit paranoid that doing shifts is going to make losing weight hard. Ive been doing mainly red days this week and it has been really easy, Ive been finding more and more that Im not craving as much tat which Im putting down to less carbs. Im just thinking that green days would be easier this week but Im worried that more carbs will equal more cravings and binging on rubbish. I also feel like the reason I wanna go green is so I can have more processed stuff like mug shots etc, where as on red Im having lots of veg and home cooked meals. Im thinking I might have to put my days off to good use and whip up something in the kitchen I can reheat in work. Losing weight requires a hell of a lot of organisation sometimes!!!

Last edited:
Why not try EE? xx

So how much does that mean you've lost? Sorry, can't see your signature on app!

You're right, it does involve a lot of organisation. I tend to make stuff in bulk on a Sunday for the week and do extra easy as I find I need carbs in day after gym. But you could do a red soup or something maybe? Totally understand how you feel as anything which throws out my routine freaks me out! X

itsGCbaby said:
Why not try EE? xx

I had thought about it, but Im a bit scared of it to be honest! Ive only ever done old school red/green even when I went to group after ee came out. I guess I like the extra hex.

goingtobeskinnysoon said:
So how much does that mean you've lost? Sorry, can't see your signature on app!

You're right, it does involve a lot of organisation. I tend to make stuff in bulk on a Sunday for the week and do extra easy as I find I need carbs in day after gym. But you could do a red soup or something maybe? Totally understand how you feel as anything which throws out my routine freaks me out! X

I started at 11st 5 on my other scales so it would be nine pound which doesnt seem right at all! Would be lovely if it was tho, but doubt it very much!! Next week will be a truer weigh in I reckon!!

Youre right about the change of routine thing, I feel like doing shifts means I wont be able to get into one. I guess I just need to keep eating healthy and on plan, no matter which day I do, and keep exercising when I can.

You never know, my OH lost 8 in his first week and I lost 6 :) xxx

itsGCbaby said:
You never know, my OH lost 8 in his first week and I lost 6 :) xxx

Wow!! Thats an amazing loss for both of you! Well done!! Its good you have your OH half doing it as well, it must make it so easier. For all my fella is meant to be looking after himself he is replacing alcohol and pop with sweeties!!

It's definitely possible - depends how badly you were eating before perhaps as could be lots of boosting. Good luck! X

I have to admit the weekend before I started I was pretty naughty as a last supper kind of thing. Its probably a lot of bloat and water more than anything.

Im not too concerned with what my actual weight is tbh. I saw a good post on here earlier from someone saying going to class had made them a bit paranoid about weighing in and how there was so much more to eating healthy and exercise other than what the scales say. More and more Im thinking its a good idea to avoid them for a while. Im really enjoying eating healthy, I feel sooooo much better in myself- more energy, better mood, even my skin has cleared up a bit (this may change come TOTM!), I dont feel half as hungry and I dont have cravings for rubbish as much. This is all within a week! As for exercise I already find it easier and feel fitter when I do my dvd. I just feel like even if I dont lose weight I still like eating and living this way, so would I change it if I didnt lose?! I certainly wouldnt go back to how I was eating so much chocolate and rubbish!

In my last year at uni I was really successful at losing weight- I say thay but I never actually weighed myself! I didnt wanna look fat on my graduation picture so I started exercising four days a week and eating healthier. It was in the April I started and by the July I had dropped two sizes. I had no idea how much weight if any I lost, and I never set out with any goal weight etc in mind. I just felt like anything thinner than what I was at the time was better and my body would gradually find its own way to where it was happy. I feel a lot like that again. I dont actually mind where I settle at, as long as I get there by eating like this and exercising regularly. I have no goal or deadline. If anything I feel like my goal is actually to food optimise each day and exercise three days a week.

Oohhh Im getting all deep with my diary arent I?! Didnt quite expect such an out pouring but I guess its good that Ive got such a sensible attitude towards it all x

I am sick to death of my stupid phone randomly posting things half way through me typing them!!

Im absolutely gutted today cos Ive had to take a rest day from exercise. Never thought Id see myself saying that!! Ive done the last two days back to back of my davina super body workout and my legs are aching- not just a bit stiff, but proper tired like I have no energy in them. I know I need the rest but Id got up an hour early to do it before work and I couldve had that time in bed :( oh well Ill feel all refreshed for it tomorrow. I think maybe I was expecting a bit much from myself to jump back into three days on the bounce so soon.

Last edited:
Ah hun, I hate when that happens! I did it so many times at the start and really got upset as had such good intentions. Did you warm down properly? I find if I don't do quad, glute and calf stretches after I can't move for days. Also, don't forget your body probably needs a few carbs too when you've been working out!

But well done on your focus!!! Keep at it! X

Ah hun, I hate when that happens! I did it so many times at the start and really got upset as had such good intentions. Did you warm down properly? I find if I don't do quad, glute and calf stretches after I can't move for days. Also, don't forget your body probably needs a few carbs too when you've been working out!

But well done on your focus!!! Keep at it! X

Think it is the carbs, had porridge and ceral bar for my lunch, random I know!! Felt a million times better afterwards. Yesterday I used all my hex on farty crackerbreads and only had them with ham and fruit after my exercise for lunch! Am thinking I need something more substantial after a work out!!

Feel so much better for the extra rest today!! Was able to do my dvd again today no problems and am really pleased Ive smashed the goal I set myself of exercising three times a week already!! Might still sneak in a couple of walks over the bank holiday. Ive also been a bit more sensible about what Im eating today. I had porridge and fruit for brekkie so had plenty of carbs for energy and Im gonner make sure I have a substantial lunch before work. No more light lunches after workouts!!!

Urgh!! It has been a pretty rubbish wknd diet wise! The days have been OK its then been at night Ive been craving chocolate and having it. Tonight Ive eaten a whole load of ben and jerrys and now I feel ill. Urgh!!

To be honest I think it all went wrong after I got a food tracker app. Lame excuse I know!! But I wanted to keep a food diary but the one I got counts calories. I was shocked at how many calories Ive been eating even when on plan and I think that made me paranoid about eating so I cut down too much and then at night I have been starving and binging!! Im gonner delete the app and keep my food diary on here from now on!! And I am never paying any attention to calories ever again!!

On a plus note Ive done loads of exercise this wknd with walking and doing my dvd so theres some blessings. Im not weighing in tomorrow I know it will do me no good. Im focusing on being healthy and exercising.

Back