No processed foods

Cagey

I'm planning to cut out all processed foods from my diet for a month. I've done most of this already but am finally ready to cut out the last few. So, no more fry light, sweeteners, müllers, fat free diary, sugar, light mayo etc. eek!

I've been tweaking the plan for a while to use whole milk yoghurt as a healthy (a) as I just don't use milk at all or cheese very much (I've lost 5 stone so it seems to work for me & I've talk to my c about it so not advocating this). I've an oil mister thingy and I've worked out how many sprays = a tsp so will be synning 2 a day for oil. I'll use honey / maple syrup for sweeteners. I do all my own baking anyway.

So if anyone has any good ideas to help, let me know.

This sounds interesting and I'd love to see how you get on as well as see you food diary and recipes.

I try to eat as much fresh food as I can but sometimes it's not always possible for me so I'd love some inspiration too xxx

I'm planning to cut out all processed foods from my diet for a month. I've done most of this already but am finally ready to cut out the last few. So, no more fry light, sweeteners, müllers, fat free diary, sugar, light mayo etc. eek!

I've been tweaking the plan for a while to use whole milk yoghurt as a healthy (a) as I just don't use milk at all or cheese very much (I've lost 5 stone so it seems to work for me & I've talk to my c about it so not advocating this). I've an oil mister thingy and I've worked out how many sprays = a tsp so will be synning 2 a day for oil. I'll use honey / maple syrup for sweeteners. I do all my own baking anyway.

So if anyone has any good ideas to help, let me know.

Sounds good-I'm Sure whole milk is a heA anyway so you're not tweaking at all-it's just a smaller amount. Good luck with it

http://www.minimins.com/silver-memb...me-2012-jos-journey-infinity-bit-further.html

So, it's been going very well. I've eating yoghurt (cheating a) and maple with fruit or French toast (b) with bread (make all our bread myself so very unprocessed - apart from by me!!) and fruit.

Monday
I made an amazing quark & blue cheese topping for baked spuds, with loads of spinach & mushrooms & a bit of salad.
Tea was spiced brown rice & lentils, home made chicken jalfrezi & saag aloo

Tuesday
I had an open chicken salad sandwich & an apple for lunch
Tea was a really yum beef stew with carrots, shallots, celeriac, swede & red & green cabbage with a bit of butter & lots of white pepper

Yesterday (weigh in- lost 1lb)
Had a big veg & bean soup for lunch
Egg, SW chips (with oil mister - actually way nicer than fry light) & grilled mushrooms & tomatoes

Today
Smoked Tofu & rice salad for lunch
Just waiting for my tarka dhal to cook for tea & going to have big bowl of mangos with lime & maple and home made (with honey) meringues; they're a bit weird but they sort of work.

Totally going to carry on with the oil spray rather than fry light bit will probably go back to making meringues with sugar!

Back