No Smoking present

Annya

Slimming tortoise :o)
I went off this weekend and bought myself a little present with the money I have saved from not smoking for the past 8 years.............. I sooooo love this car :D

ptcruiser.jpg

This is the second vehicle I have been able to buy with money I would have literally burned.

I'm so glad I don't smoke any more and happy that I have continued to put away the money I would have spent on the dreaded weed too - it is such an incentive when you can buy something as beautiful as this as a congratulations for staying quit

Well done and well done on being strong enought to save the money.

Well done you, now that is absolute willpower for both stopping smoking & putting the money away.X

Great idea - I did very similar, including learing to drive having spent best part of 40 years not needing to;)

I have also had 2 new cars all paid for out of ciggie money, and well on the way to saving for the next one. It really makes a difference having something tangible rather than the weed - at least I found that!

I feel even better as I purchased Nissans both times, (Micra for the first car, Note for the second - Quashquai next? lol) both locally built in Sunny (soggy?) Sunderland - thus boosting the local economy lol.

I have just been reading this thread to Paul hoping it will encourage him to stop.

I gave up 19 years ago and have never craved one since. In fact I remember it was such a relief not to smoke.

I have just been reading this thread to Paul hoping it will encourage him to stop.

I gave up 19 years ago and have never craved one since. In fact I remember it was such a relief not to smoke.

I agree..... I often say the only real regret I have is that I didn't pack it up sooner than I did :(

So far I have bought a micro van for my aromatherapy business, a PT Cruiser for me :D, we have had several lovely holidays and I have bought lots of blingy bits for my motorbike - and I still have some savings left!

So far I have saved over £10,500, plus there's also the MASSIVE difference it has made to my health and the health of those around me too!

I know it's hard - nicotine is one of the most addictive substances known to man - but it can be done and we are the proof :)

Well done you Sue.

It's over 10 years now for me and I've never lost the craving. It was always worse after a drinking session - though I am virtually dry now. Also after a good meal, a cigarette was always the perfect ending.

I don't think I'll ever lose that craving and to be honest, I could start again anytime! (though I won't of course - but it could easily be done).

Back