No Support at a RC Class

CurvyJo

I attended a RC class in Grove Hill, Hemel Hempstead, I did well, and lost 1 and a half stone, then I got to a point where I really struggled, so I went into class one night, did the exercise, then got weighed afterwards, I think I'd put on a pound or something. So I said to the consultant that I was going through a rough patch and finding it really hard to stick to the diet, I was hoping she'd give me some words of encouragement and advice, and I was paying 6 pounds a class. But she just kind of shrugged her shoulders and smiled. I was really hacked off and never went back!! I think the problem with some RC classes is that because alot of people go for the exercise bit, the classes tend to be so big, so the consultant doesnt have time to give individual attenton to members. I'm now on slimming World, I find the diet so much easier, the classes are smaller, and the consultant goes round to everyone in the image therapy sessions and talks to them about their week and how they have done. If your struggling, other members will pitch in with tips and ideas to get you back on track, I think its wonderful! Sorry for the rant! :)

I can't comment on every RC Instructor; I've had 3 in my time, the first was when I lived in the Midlands and she was great; the second is my main instructor, I went to her as there was no local class for me so had to travel a bit, but as I'd done well on the RC diet before, I thought it was worth it.

My Instructor, Sarah, is AMAZINGLY good; she makes the classes fun and i've lost a lot of weight. Shes RC franchisee of the year and is one of 10 finalists in the British Franchisee Assosiation finals out of over 34,000 franchisees in the UK for all businesses.

My 3rd instructor is one i go to for exercise only; she's recently opened a franchise in my local area and knows I get weighed at my main class (she was one of Sarah's pupils originally) and I enjoy her class too. Even though she is relatively inexperienced, she makes the class fun.

I think you were unfortunate to come across an instructor that was not so good; all diet classes have them and I have read on here only this week about one SW instructor that is not up to scratch, along with other diets too!

Its a shame you didn't get on with the instructor, the fact her classes are full speak for itself.

Good look with your weightloss on SW though.

I also agree. A diet is hard enough and some of us need more support than others. I couldn't do a diet alone at home and discipline myself. I need a weekly class and a supportive leader who can encourage me all the way. Also a leader who I find motivating
Never tried RC as we don't have them near me
Irene x

Back