No time to cook? What can you take to work?

hur575

I am starting this thread, because I am sure there others in this situation. I have failed SW before, because it involves planning, and I am bad at this. I come tired from work and last thing I want to do is cook for lunch!! But here are tips,

· My work canteen sell Jacket potato, so I ask for it with beans no butter

· if you have microwave at work, you can microwave a potato after piercing it for 10 minutes, and add baked beans or cottage cheese if you like.

· If you have just have kettle at work, you can try Ainsley harriott couscous, you only need to add hot water, and leave for 5 minutes, it is so yummy

· Sainsubury’s taste the difference roasted baby potatoes & garlic are 1 ½ syns

· Branston vegetable Ravioli is 1 syn

· Sainsubury’s taste the difference coriander pilau rice 2 ½ syns

· Sharwood’s microwave noodles , choose from Rich soy & sesame seed at 3 syns, or sweet & sour, and sweet chilli 2 ½ syns.

· Jaylou tip- supernoodles are free (the low fat ones) and ping in 6 mins

· Sarah- Jayne tip-Heinz Ravioli (1.5 syns for the whole tin) only takes 3 minutes in the microwave.

· Sarah- Jayne tip- Bacon sandwich! You can use you two slices of bread for HEXB and then just nuke the bacon in the microwave for 2 minutes, lovely!

· Sarah- Jayne tip-Tesco chargrilled chicken in the packets are free and are lovely to pick on.

Any more aideas?

Last edited:
Some good tips there! Are you following SW now?

I struggle with lunches sometimes but my favourite thing is to take left overs to microwave.

I also make a huge pot of soup on the weekend when I have more time and freeze it in portions (it makes 6-8 portions). I take one out in the morning and it's defrosted by lunch ready to ping.

Other than that, supernoodles are free (the low fat ones) and ping in 6 mins.

Good thread!

I find that Supernoodles are great for lunch if you have a microwave, they only take about 3 minutes and are a good filling meal. Same with savory rice, although that takes about 8 minutes in the microwave.

Heinz Ravioli (1.5 syns for the whole tin) only takes 3 minutes in the microwave.

Bacon sandwich! You can use you two slices of bread for HEXB and then just nuke the bacon in the microwave for 2 minutes, lovely!

Mugshots.

Tesco chargrilled chicken in the packets are free and are lovely to pick on.

Some good tips there! Are you following SW now?

I struggle with lunches sometimes but my favourite thing is to take left overs to microwave.

I also make a huge pot of soup on the weekend when I have more time and freeze it in portions (it makes 6-8 portions). I take one out in the morning and it's defrosted by lunch ready to ping.

Other than that, supernoodles are free (the low fat ones) and ping in 6 mins.

Hi, I have added your tip to my post, yes just restarted SW again, I get weighed again tomorrow

Good ideas put forward there for quick and easy. Try cooking extra at your evening meal and taking it to work next day for lunch to microwave too. At a weekend, make a huge pot of soup and freeze into portions for lunch, I know most don't want to spend their weekend cooking but soup doesn't take long to prepare and once its cooking, job done.

Tesco Cheese Ravioli is 3.5 syns on green for the whole tin, and it really is lovely, I even like it cold!

mmmm reading this thread has got me thinking about the first time I did SW all those years ago, when....macaroni cheese....was FREE!!!! mmmmmmm....

At a weekend, make a huge pot of soup and freeze into portions for lunch, I know most don't want to spend their weekend cooking but soup doesn't take long to prepare and once its cooking, job done.

Very true! I made the carrot, lentil and coriander soup from the magazine this weekend. The only time it took was 5 mins to chop the carrots and onion and a few seconds to blend. It was lovely too.

Good thread!

I find that Supernoodles are great for lunch if you have a microwave, they only take about 3 minutes and are a good filling meal. Same with savory rice, although that takes about 8 minutes in the microwave.

Heinz Ravioli (1.5 syns for the whole tin) only takes 3 minutes in the microwave.

Bacon sandwich! You can use you two slices of bread for HEXB and then just nuke the bacon in the microwave for 2 minutes, lovely!

Mugshots.

Tesco chargrilled chicken in the packets are free and are lovely to pick on.

Hi I added your tips, what are mugshots? Sorry if it is stupid question, never heard of them!! :eek:

I always find that if Im cooking my tea anyway, I will just prepare for the next day. Left overs are great to reheat in the microwave too.

Good ideas put forward there for quick and easy. Try cooking extra at your evening meal and taking it to work next day for lunch to microwave too. At a weekend, make a huge pot of soup and freeze into portions for lunch, I know most don't want to spend their weekend cooking but soup doesn't take long to prepare and once its cooking, job done.

Ok normally, I do that, I just restarted now and last weekend I cooked for the whole week but there are days where you run out, or just can’t cook, I know it might sound weird but my kitchen roof decided to fall yesterday!!! The whole place is a mess, the upstairs people did work, and managed to get to my roof, first thing it thought off that is my diet out of window, takeaway in! Then I thought of this thread.

spaghetti hoops....free and cheapish!

Not quite lol

They look like this:

Mug_Shot_Noodle_Snack.jpg

Not all of them are free though. The Chicken Noodle ones and Tomato and Herb are 100% free on green and EE days though.

Not quite lol

They look like this:

Mug_Shot_Noodle_Snack.jpg

Not all of them are free though. The Chicken Noodle ones and Tomato and Herb are 100% free on green and EE days though.

Never seen them, where can you buy them from?
Thanks in advance

Thanks Sarah-jayne

great thread everyone.. my problem isn't lunch its the evenings, after 8 hours at work i dont have the energy to cook a large meal. there is only so many slow cooker meals you can do as wel!

Sainsbury's own Vegetable Ravioli - 51p per tin - SYN FREE!!!!

Back