No time to cook? What can you take to work?

great thread everyone.. my problem isn't lunch its the evenings, after 8 hours at work i dont have the energy to cook a large meal. there is only so many slow cooker meals you can do as wel!

How about doing some batch cooking at the weekend and freezing it??
That way the only thing you would have to think about would be defrosting it or adding some veg/ salad!

Which flavour supernoodles are free? And on what days? New to this plan - sorry!!! :d

are they only free on green days?

Elle xxxx

An alternative is to take those toastie bags into work and cook sw chips in the toaster (if you have one) and have with cheese and beans (believe me it does work!).

Last edited:
Which flavour supernoodles are free? And on what days? New to this plan - sorry!!! :d

are they only free on green days?

Elle xxxx

All flavours of the 'fat free' supernoodles are free on Green and Extra Easy

re the mugshots - our consultant says all the 'noodle' ones are free (my fav is the orange coloured packet) and of the 'pasta' ones its only the red packet tomato flavour - i think its actually tomato and herb - that are free.

this is a really helpful thread but what about red days??!! i struggle for work lunches on a red day! some years ago tyne brand minced beef in a tin and other similar products were free of syns but dont know what i can have now as a replacement for them?? (syn free)

Uncle bens rice in microwave packet, most range between 1-5 syns. so check food directory or online. only in microwave for a min or so and they'r super filling and yum. xx

you just reminded me! i often bring a sachet of micro rice and a tin of asda chick pea dahl with me. This is one of my favs, only takes a couple of mins and the dahl is free! But can anyone suggest anything for a red day please??

Thank you all for your tips, I really needed them, My kitchen roof still been fixed, so I had to live on jacket potatoes.

This was really helpful!! Being a student, i need cheap things that dont need lots of herbs and seasoning :) I also found that Rivita Cottage Cheese and Cucumber is nice with lots of fresh fruit ( x2 Rivita HEXb and Cottage cheese HEXa on EE) xx

Cottage cheese isn't on the HEa list but the very low fat ones are either syn free or very low in syns.

This is quite an old thread and I'm certain that alot of the syn values have changed-ie the raviolis and stuff :) just a heads up

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back