No wonder I've gotten fat...

laurenmay

Gold Member
I'm back to strict calorie counting tomorrow, but today is my last day of eating what I want, and out of curiousity I decided to input everything I've eaten & plan to eat today into MFP and see how many calories I'll consume over the course of the day..

I haven't even finished inputting everything, and already it's telling me I've consumed 5413 calories!! I'm disgusted. I knew I ate a lot and binged, but I've never taken into consideration just how many calories are in everything. And that's about 3 or 4 days worth of food if I were counting calories and eating healthy!

I'm really not surprised I've gained weight and gotten so big so quickly. MFP has told me if everyday were like today (which for the past few weeks/months it has been), then I'll weigh over 200lbs in four weeks time. I want to lose 30lbs not gain it!!!

I can't live like this anymore, it's unhealthy and quite frankly ****ing disgusting!!

Just out of curiosity what are you going to eat for all that many calories!? I could've easily ate that when I was pregnant with my first baby though to be fair but I think my stomach has shrunk abit now,
Just enjoy your day, and start again tomorrow x

It's things I don't even notice I'm having that just mount up.. Like eating two of the LO's petit filous while I'm waiting for the food to finish cooking, adding heaps of full fat grated cheddar to my food, slapping loads of butter on bread rolls, snacking on chocolate and drinking gallons of full fat pop. Disgusting! x

You just need to find ways to tackle each thing, low fat cheddar, measure your butter out etc, yeah it doesn't taste as nice with less butter or less cheese but you soon get used to it, sometimes we just have to suck it up and stop ourselves. That big pile of grated cheese might be nice for what 2 minutes while your eating but your just going to feel guilty and fat when you've finished, and that's going to lead to you thinking stuff it and grabbing a load of chocolate!! You need to stop yourself at the very first sign of slipping up, otherwise it snowballs x

mrs-s said:
You just need to find ways to tackle each thing, low fat cheddar, measure your butter out etc, yeah it doesn't taste as nice with less butter or less cheese but you soon get used to it, sometimes we just have to suck it up and stop ourselves. That big pile of grated cheese might be nice for what 2 minutes while your eating but your just going to feel guilty and fat when you've finished, and that's going to lead to you thinking stuff it and grabbing a load of chocolate!! You need to stop yourself at the very first sign of slipping up, otherwise it snowballs x

I'm just gonna cut the cheese and butter out when I start back tomorrow, substitute them for laughing cow light cheese instead and stick to the triangles so everything's portion controlled. It's just that cause I haven't been dieting in a while I've just taken advantage of it and eaten excessively! x

Sounds like me! I can't even begin to imagine how many cals I used to eat! I'd have takeaway regularly, eat share size bags of chocolate to myself, gallons of butter melted onto hot, part baked baguettes with loads of cheese. Tasted amazing but I'm paying for it now funnily enough!

But I'm not there now and you won't be either now you've put your mind to it. Good on you for actually adding up what you've eaten though, don't think I'd be brave enough!

large_lump said:
Sounds like me! I can't even begin to imagine how many cals I used to eat! I'd have takeaway regularly, eat share size bags of chocolate to myself, gallons of butter melted onto hot, part baked baguettes with loads of cheese. Tasted amazing but I'm paying for it now funnily enough!

But I'm not there now and you won't be either now you've put your mind to it. Good on you for actually adding up what you've eaten though, don't think I'd be brave enough!

Share bags of chocolate - I get through mountains of those! and it's scary how many calories are in them.

I'm not allowing myself to eat it all anymore, I know it tastes nice but it's really not worth it because the taste doesn't last as long as the guilt does!

Hi ladies
may I stick my two penneth in here?
I've got heavier and heavier over the years and was mostly pretty bloody miserable, about my weight that is. all other areas of my life are absolutely fine, great job, lovely fella, 2 amazing kids and we have a nice home too
I've no idea why I overate, there are no underlying issues
I'm just a greedy get who loves all the things you shouldnt
I'm also a real all or nothing girl, there are no half measures with me, so cutting down just wasnt an option
Anyway, sometime last year my scales broke, not from my weight, just old age (theirs not mine :)) anyway, I went without scales for about 6 months and even tho I knew I was getting heavier and my clothes were getting tighter and every sunday night I vowed tomorrow was another day when my diet would start, I was horrified to discover when we got new scales that I was 14st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggest wake up call ever
I found the nearest CDC and started my journey. I stuck to the CD SS for about 5 weeks and lost a stone and a half before deciding I needed food, not in the same quantities as before, but I had to eat. I found myfitnesspal and I've been religiously recorded every mouthful since
I've bought a slimpod and downloaded free hypnosis apps on my iphone
I am 100% in the zone
I'm 2 stone lighter and eating whatever I like but recording everything and in the main sticking to 1200 calories each day
I just want to say to you Laurenmay that I was honestly the same as you, I could easily scoff my way through everything in the cupboards and if someone had said that 6 days out of 7 I would go without milk, bread, butter, cheese, crisps etc I would think they were mad, but I am and if I can, anyone can
you've got all the support you need on here whenever youre tempted to eat come on here, read others stories or just tell yourself I'm not eating it today I'll have it tomorrow
sorry for harping on but I keep reading your threads on here and I really feel for you and really want to offer some words of support
x

TriciaM said:
Hi ladies
may I stick my two penneth in here?
I've got heavier and heavier over the years and was mostly pretty bloody miserable, about my weight that is. all other areas of my life are absolutely fine, great job, lovely fella, 2 amazing kids and we have a nice home too
I've no idea why I overate, there are no underlying issues
I'm just a greedy get who loves all the things you shouldnt
I'm also a real all or nothing girl, there are no half measures with me, so cutting down just wasnt an option
Anyway, sometime last year my scales broke, not from my weight, just old age (theirs not mine :)) anyway, I went without scales for about 6 months and even tho I knew I was getting heavier and my clothes were getting tighter and every sunday night I vowed tomorrow was another day when my diet would start, I was horrified to discover when we got new scales that I was 14st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggest wake up call ever
I found the nearest CDC and started my journey. I stuck to the CD SS for about 5 weeks and lost a stone and a half before deciding I needed food, not in the same quantities as before, but I had to eat. I found myfitnesspal and I've been religiously recorded every mouthful since
I've bought a slimpod and downloaded free hypnosis apps on my iphone
I am 100% in the zone
I'm 2 stone lighter and eating whatever I like but recording everything and in the main sticking to 1200 calories each day
I just want to say to you Laurenmay that I was honestly the same as you, I could easily scoff my way through everything in the cupboards and if someone had said that 6 days out of 7 I would go without milk, bread, butter, cheese, crisps etc I would think they were mad, but I am and if I can, anyone can
you've got all the support you need on here whenever youre tempted to eat come on here, read others stories or just tell yourself I'm not eating it today I'll have it tomorrow
sorry for harping on but I keep reading your threads on here and I really feel for you and really want to offer some words of support
x

Aww thank you! I'm gonna have a look at that slimpod thing now and see if I can download it for my phone & listen to it in work.. I don't need all this food, it's just a habit that I'm finding difficult to break out of. I've always been really good at dieting and keeping fit in the past, and after having my son in July last year I managed to lose the full 5 stone of my baby weight by November with hard work and determination, and looked like this:

image-1971965493.jpg

I was down to my goal of 9.10 and a size 8, but then after Christmas I let slip and bad habits arose and now I'm 37lbs heavier and about a size 14. I know I can do it, because I have done before, I just need to get my head down and focus on taking each day as it comes with the end result in sight! xx

One day at a time. You'll get there. And if you do blow it, there's always tomorrow. Since I got my head right I've not 'blown it' as such. I've had days where I've eaten more than I should but never gone over 2000 calories. I also think it's a lot harder to keep motivated when you've a little one to look after. But you can do it x

Hi Lauren, I could have written your post myself. Since counting the calories this week, it has been a massive eye-opener for me about how much I have been eating before. I could munch through a four packet of chocolate bars in a day, followed by a massive takeaway in the evening. I used to think I could get away with it by exercising, but in reality I was only burning off about a slice of bread's worth by doing a half-ar$ed half an hour on the bike. It's good you've counted it as a way of facing up to it.

I've just read a really good book called 100 days of weight loss (or something similar, I have no idea who wrote it, I got it as an e-book from amazon). It's 100 different exercises to do with emotional eating, motivation etc and its meant to be an exercise each day, but I just read it in one and did the exercises I thought would be helpful (like listing reasons for wanting to lose weight etc). I've found really helpful in dealing with emotional over eating and my motivation already and would recommend it to anyone who has issues with emotional eating etc.

Mrs CC said:
Hi Lauren, I could have written your post myself. Since counting the calories this week, it has been a massive eye-opener for me about how much I have been eating before. I could munch through a four packet of chocolate bars in a day, followed by a massive takeaway in the evening. I used to think I could get away with it by exercising, but in reality I was only burning off about a slice of bread's worth by doing a half-ar$ed half an hour on the bike. It's good you've counted it as a way of facing up to it.

I've just read a really good book called 100 days of weight loss (or something similar, I have no idea who wrote it, I got it as an e-book from amazon). It's 100 different exercises to do with emotional eating, motivation etc and its meant to be an exercise each day, but I just read it in one and did the exercises I thought would be helpful (like listing reasons for wanting to lose weight etc). I've found really helpful in dealing with emotional over eating and my motivation already and would recommend it to anyone who has issues with emotional eating etc.

I don't know why I do it to myself, I really don't. Every aspect of my life is great and I'm happy - I have a gorgeous baby boy, amazing OH, a nice house & brand new car, a great job and great family & friends, so I have no reason to feel down and turn to comfort food. All I can think is that maybe its my impatience causing me to keep over eating - I know I have over two stone to lose, and I know it'll take a little while to lose it in, so that makes me feel impatient and I think oh well one more day won't hurt and turn to food again!

And it's a vicious circle of feeling down, insecure and depressed about my body, so turning to food for comfort, then getting heavier and bigger and feeling down again...

I don't know why I do it to myself, I really don't. Every aspect of my life is great and I'm happy - I have a gorgeous baby boy, amazing OH, a nice house & brand new car, a great job and great family & friends, so I have no reason to feel down and turn to comfort food. All I can think is that maybe its my impatience causing me to keep over eating - I know I have over two stone to lose, and I know it'll take a little while to lose it in, so that makes me feel impatient and I think oh well one more day won't hurt and turn to food again!

And it's a vicious circle of feeling down, insecure and depressed about my body, so turning to food for comfort, then getting heavier and bigger and feeling down again...

Oh hun, I really feel for you. I've spent the last few days asking myself how I let myself get to this place where all of my clothes are too tight. It's difficult to let go of, but the best thing to do is move on and tell yourself no matter what's happened in the past this time will be different. You will get there!!

Mrs CC said:
Oh hun, I really feel for you. I've spent the last few days asking myself how I let myself get to this place where all of my clothes are too tight. It's difficult to let go of, but the best thing to do is move on and tell yourself no matter what's happened in the past this time will be different. You will get there!!

I hope I can snap out of this and break the bad habits and move on from it & just accept it as a learning curve! I want a healthier lifestyle and to be fit and exercise regularly - and I want to feel good about myself and regain some confidence! This food malarkey is a pain :(

They say change comes when you admit you have a problem, and you have realised how much you've consumed so I guess that will help you face the reality of it, and go forward from here.

You can do it, you know how to do it.. MFP is a great tool as well as minimins. Stay strong and you'll lose that 30lb.

Hi
How's your day been?
I've put on 3lb from 2 days of not watching what I eat!!!!
It's not getting me down I've just got back in the zone today
:)
X

TriciaM said:
Hi
How's your day been?
I've put on 3lb from 2 days of not watching what I eat!!!!
It's not getting me down I've just got back in the zone today
:)
X

Hello! Urgh, yesterday was awful for me once again, I ended up caving in to cream cakes lunch time at work and then went home to binge! :( not good at all, and my starting weight is even higher now! But I had a depressing realisation of how big I've gotten this morning, tried putting my jeans on for work that 3 months ago were too big and used to fall down, and now they won't even pull up past my thighs! It's now or never, think my head is in the right place for this now..
How are you? Are you back on it now? I'm sure those 3lbs will be gone in no time! x

Hi
Well I'm 2lb lighter this morning. I officially weigh in tomorrow so a day of water & sensible eating for me today
Actually it was a pair of rather tight jeans that helped get me motivated! I could get them on and do them up but they were really uncomfortable and were so tight they slid down!
Anyway a few weeks ago I threw them out as they were so loose they fell down :)
You'll get there honey. Today's a new day x

That's good that you're 2lbs down already! and hopefully you'll have a good loss tomorrow at weigh in.
I'm making today my official start date and weighed in at 175.5lbs this morning, really want to get that number down to 140!! So my first official weigh day is next Thursday.
I really wanna be able to squeeze back into those jeans soon, and have them feeling baggy again too! Hate being this size now, just forever uncomfortable :( x

Back