nomoremuffintop's diary

Haha I'm so happy to see the scales moving again! ooh you are doing great well done on the good choice of illegal consumption atleast it kept you in ketosis :) have not seen your diary yet but I will have a look! Cant wait to see the 14's on the scales for the 1st time in forever! If only I'd never eaten on day 27 I would have been there already but I'm kind of glad I did as it made me realise that I'm wasting days of my life on this diet, I will now be on lt for an extra 3 days longer than I would have if I hadn't put the weight on and I don't want to be on it for a second more than I have to!

I think I'll have my hair stripped back and died to my natural blonde colour for my treat :)

That sounds good! You suit being blonde! Look forward to seeing some new hairdo pics on FB. I'm thinking about a manicure but have always been disappointed in the past, feel like I could do it just as well myself lol!

I've never been for a facial, might try that or a neck and shoulder massage. Not into anything where I have to "bare" myself - far too self conscious! Maybe I'll get a nice voucher or something for Valentines day?? lol

Good progress; very encouraging to hear. Keep it up Muff!

Hey hun, how did your weigh in go this morning? I'm down 0.5lb so 18st1lbs today... 1 to go!! I'm sure you've read about my tuna salad blip yesterday... :( back to 100% today, luckily still in ketosis - feel strong enough to do it today!
Off to work in about an hour to cook some yucky(!) roast dinners ;) Hope you have a fab day, be good xx

i looked at your diary Paula to see the 'blip' post! :sigh: lol glad you are still in ketosis! :p

iv been reading up about ketosis .... i found out some things that might help some.
but please correct me or ignore me if its wrong (i am no expert i just read it myself).

as we all know ketosis is simply burning your fat for fuel, so although you do have to be in ketosis to lose fat you dont have to be in ketosis to lose weight (ie water etc). so as long as there is a calorie deficit we will still lose weight even if we knock out of ketosis (im not saying its a good idea to eat and leave ketosis while on lt tfr!) BUT, if you are measuring ketosis by the ketone strips, then it does not have to be even pink for you to be losing weight. Ketones are not always measurable during fat burning. Sometimes your body is using all the ketones for fuel and not expelling them in urine. Also, sometimes we are losing inches even when the scale is not moving. It's good to measure yourself like you have Paula so we know that we are losing inches, although baggy clothes are also a good indicator which is how i know that im losing even if i didnt jump on the scales every day. Hope that helps some of us that have messed up and then thought we were kicked out of ketosis totally and want to give up. just because the ketones are not showing on the sticks dont give up all is not lost just stick to it and get back to 100% and you will start to show keytones much quicker as there is a 'window' around it so you will be able to pull it back quicker than if you just blow out totally.
I also i found out that alot of people depending on size or activity levels can eat a varied amount of carbs a day 20-90g as i said depending on some factors and can still be in ketosis!

its amazing how our bodies work :D

now to get to the stupid me part of this entry.....i ate today! yes you guessed it i was checking out ketosis after i buggered my day up and ate a quarn sausage for my dinner :(

57 kcal
2.5g carbs

i still feel good and hope iv managed to get to 15stone tomorrow morning but if not then im sure i will be there by wednesday :)

off to bed. night night xxx

ahhh... you did? You know the story, get back on and forget all about it! We'll get there! Interesting info about ketosis, I just don't want to come out of ketosis cos I struggled getting there! I'm learning so much about how our bodies work on this diet!!

Here's to tomorrow, chin up xxxxx

I know you like to be a 100%er and good on you for it. Im not as strong willed and have been eating quorn sausages and fillets since day 3 with salads and vegs, ive had it most (not all) days, i have been in varying stages of ketosis since day 4 and not gone out of it once. I lost 7.5lbs the first week so its a slower loss but still a bloody good loss. Im sure you will hit your targets despite your blips, your doing so fab on your diet. JB xxxxx

Well I didn't have my last shake after I ate I went for a 2 mile walk listened to my iPod and cleared my head ... It could have been worse! Kids and James had pork, bubble and squeak and Yorkshire puddings for dinner and I thought if I'm gonna have something at least make a better choice! It's done!

The silly thing is I felt so good and positive but it's that Sunday thing, next Sunday I'll go for the walk before dinner time not after it! I knew someone that used to be 100% all week but always had Sunday dinner with her family ( chicken, greens no potatoes etc ) and still lost 2 - 4 lb a week?? Some people are just lucky :)

Really need to sleep now so catch you tomorrow xxx

Moooooooooooo!!!!! lol

I'm 18st 0.2lbs! Grrrrrrr

Seriously though, WELL DONE! Bet you feel great! :D:D:D:D What are you up to today? xx

Hey babe, yeh I'm well happy!
You will be under 18 by the morning I bet :)

I have just got home from school run having a latte while doing some house work and then off to playgroup with Jag x
Have a lovely day :D

XxxX

Morning Diary (and anyone who reads it)

i done alot of ruuning about yesterday so had a nice early night and watched biggest loser in bed. i love watching the biggest loser ill be sad when it ends as its been the thing each week that i look forward to, i love watching them lose weight and sweating in the gym and being hungry to do it while im not hungry and sitting on my bum burning fat lol.

i wore a size 22 hoody and my size 20 combats yesterday and they looked way too big for me which i really enjoyed, the slob look might not have looked good but the feeling of them being really baggy and nobody else realising that its because they are now too big after being too tight in december was such a boost!

i am so glad i got back to 100% and pushed through the hard TOTM last week when i thought i was so ready to give up and although i messed up a bit during the week i have more than doubled my loss this week (last week loss was 1.4lb) so it does prove that TOTM is the reason i didnt lose much (as well as the chinese that i had which caused me to gain 0.6lb)and as long as i get back to it ill be back to normal losses the week after. so thats reasuring for next month and ill now know what to expect :D

i think iv lost almost 5lb this week (weigh in tomorrow) was going to weigh in today like last week but woke with a migrain so going to chill at home and if i feel up to it later ill go food shopping with the husband...its much quicker when he is with me as he dont mess about. trolly is full and at the check out within 20mins where as ill be wondering around asda for 2 hours with my mum :)

so thats me for today, the forum seems a bit quiet in the last week, i hope everyone is ok and not too fed up x

I love Biggest Loser too! Glad they got back to good weight losses this week :D

Feels nice when clothes are baggy! I've only got one pair of jeans that fit me at the moment and they were just out of the washing on Sunday so still wet! I needed to find something else to wear... I tried on half a dozen different pairs of trousers which were baggy before settling on a pair I haven't worn in 5 years because they've always been too tight! Felt good that day :D

Hope your migraine goes away soon xx

P.S. Still 18st 0.2lbs exactly today!!! I think that salad has buggered me up this week :(

PaulaJ said:
I love Biggest Loser too! Glad they got back to good weight losses this week :D

Feels nice when clothes are baggy! I've only got one pair of jeans that fit me at the moment and they were just out of the washing on Sunday so still wet! I needed to find something else to wear... I tried on half a dozen different pairs of trousers which were baggy before settling on a pair I haven't worn in 5 years because they've always been too tight! Felt good that day :D

Hope your migraine goes away soon xx

P.S. Still 18st 0.2lbs exactly today!!! I think that salad has buggered me up this week :(

Oh plop!
Atleast you lost since you ate it and didn't gain so even if it's slowed you down you are still ahead of the game, I put on a bit each time I ate apart from Sunday when i ate the quorn sausage but I'm trying so hard not to attempt to get away with that again because I think my luck will deffo run out soon... I am in the zone again now I'm down to 14's I might end up frazzled out by next week but if I can get to 13's by thus time in march I'll be stoked! I love lipotrim and have just told my cousin in oz on fb that I'm doing it and she said "that don't work" later when I'm on the laptop I'll post you my reply on fb lol i was really proud if my self the way i stuck up for lipotrim x
go me!

What did you have in the salad? Tuna in spring water?? Lettuce?? Tomato?? Don't worry I'm sure next week you will lose more. Are you regretting the salad? Do you know what your weight loss has been this week?

I lost a lb last night I'm now 14 st 12.8 lb I wanted to be 14 st 12.5 by tomorrow so fingers crossed for that last little bit xxx

went to weigh in and lost 5.4lb this week :) good times.

went to cash point and card was sucked up by the machine! so couldnt pay for my shakes. bad times.

never mind im going back with hubbys card lets hope it doesnt get eaten too :\

iv decided to stick to wanting to be 14 1/2 stone by hubbys birthday (weigh in 6) as i think i might be able to make it but only just so i wont be too upset if i dont get 5.2lb off this week its just for a bit of motivation for me and something to keep my mind busy.

i have changed my goal weight ticker down to 9stone 9lb (135lb) its only an extra 5lb below my original target so not too major but i would then be in the 'normal' BMI range even if its only scraping in. i have never been there so i cant wait :)

hope everyone is ok :D

Last edited:
Great loss Muffy! You're getting there honey, well done:D

Thought I'd update seen as I'm 6 weeks in now :) iv managed to get off 2.5 stones I was sailing through 100% until my nan's funeral 2 weeks ago when I got in a state and decided to eat that night :( I have found it hard since then to stay 100% every day ( most days i have been 99%) so I have kept away from the forum for everyone elses sanity! Not that iv eaten loads but some days iv picked at bits and one day I even had cheese burger I just couldn't control myself or get back into the zone I was in but I'm doing great now .... No excuses. I was being soft but iv still managed to lose even if this week is only a small loss ( weigh in tomorrow ) that's not boasting about 'cheating' i am just being honest. If anyone else reading this has blipped I hope they can see that it is possible to come back to plan as long as you don't give up all is nit ruined but you will have to get back into ketosis and work hard to get the weight you may gain back off!
Iv been 100% for 3 days now, I realised that I needed to wean myself off carbs again because every day I tried to go back to 100% by the time dinner came I was drooling over everything so I decided to have 1 thing each day for 3 days ( I had a burger then the next day a spoon of pasta and on the 3rd day a cereal bar) the 4th day I managed to not eat anything and I'm now back into ketosis after 3 days 100% .

Anyway that's the explaining out if the way.

Iv made a chart and stuck it on the fridge it shows my losses every week up until my sons birthday in 12 weeks time and if I can lose an average of 2lb a week I can be 13 stone by then. The lightest iv been in 15 years so fingers crossed I don't go insane by then :-/

Im so excited to be back on track but will not be around minimins as much as I was before.

Hope everyone is doing well.

X

Proud of you xx

Proud of you xx

:thankyou:

im really proud of you too Paula xxx

i lost 3lb this week :D

im not under 14 1/2 stone like i wanted to be by today but i dont mind because i know its not far off.
james is going to london tomorrow until tuesday so im worried about being in the house on my own at night wanting to munch so lots of early nights and sleep to catch up on while he is away. its his birthday today and instead of making him a cake im going to buy one because i love my own cakes so i wont miss not having some so much :eek:.
im going to spend a bit of time in town tomorrow to keep busy and i need to start trying on some new clothes to see if i can fit into a smaller size....my 22's are big on me now so im going to try some 20's and 18's in a few different shops to see if i can get into anything, i dont hold much hope though as i cant see much difference yet in my shape but i know i have lost enough to need smaller clothes because nothing fits :p.

You are doing ever so well, and I'm happy for you that you've managed to get yourself back on track 100%. Totally inspiring. Well done hun xx

Thanks Jayne x

I'm still doing well been a bit of an emotional wreck since Thursday night but food is the last thing on my mind, I'm so upset I feel sick so couldn't eat if I wanted to ;'(
Oh any hoo.... I was hoping for 2lb off each week as my goal for next 6 weeks so i can be 13 stone by my sons birthday but iv already lost 3.6 lb this week and weigh in isn't until Wednesday :) might be because I'm back to 100% so it's like starting from fresh but I was never eating enough to make a huge difference ( I don't think).
Iv lost 40.5 lb in 46 days on lt can't wait to see 3 stone off by weigh in I hope.

Hope everyone else is doing well. X

Back