noob!

ladytwiglet

Hi! I'm Donna and i'm a self-employed photographer from the north-west with about 6 stone to lose. i have two kids and a wonderful husband and i am 34 (tomorrow!)

i keep failing over and over again and this weekend i had the unhappy realization that its my own fault. its usually always something else to blame, always the fault of my body/outside sources.

i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 18 months ago which means i struggle with exercise so i avoid it (which is not helping, i need to slowly build up my muscles!) and i also was bulimic from the age of 14 until 2 years ago so my body is messed up, physically and emotionally but i am determined to beat this.

i have been roughly following a paleo diet (it can help enormously with fibromyalgia) but recently fell right off the wagon. i've done nothing but eat sugar all this weekend and i KNOW its not doing me any good. i hurt all over and for the first time since i started paleo i've spent the weekend on tramadol and i strongly suspect eating so much sugar is partially to blame.

when a friend of mine who has always been bigger than me AND has fibro lost 2 stone through eating well, i realized the problem lies with me, and my inability to stick to anything remotely diet-like. this needs to stop.

every other aspect of my life is almost perfect, my career, my family, my friends, the only thing i am unhappy with is my body. i can fix this!

my promises to myself, starting today are:

eat sensibly
exercise regularly
stick to the paleo
follow the 5:2 fasting diet (which i think will teach me a lot mentally...i CAN do this)
take account for my non-weightloss!
diarize EVERYTHING. every.single.day.
PLAN AHEAD!

so yeah. thats my little introduction. I'm going to post on minimins regularly, i'm going to update my MFP daily and i'm going to be happy with myself. eventually. <3

Welcome ladytwiglet good luck with the weight loss, you can do it

Back