North Staffs (okay, and Derbyshire, I suppose) oatcakes

Amanda the Leaf

Just had my North Staffs oatcake breakfast and it made me wonder if this could be a contender for adding to the healthy extra B list.

(For the uninitiated, oatcakes are like pancakes but made with oats. Bit more to it than that I suppose but the main thing is they are not to be confused with those Scottish biscuit things.)

I confess I haven't done any maths or nutritional research but as far as I know the healthy extra B is for your fibre intake and oatcakes are allegedly high in fibre. I don't have the packaging with me unfortunately.

I mention this because my bacon, cheese & mushroom oatcake (pictured) has just cost me 8 syns - 5.5 for the oatcake and 2.5 for 12.5g of cheddar. I'm not complaining cos I'll just use my healthy extra B later in all likelihood, but I can't deny it would be nice if my oatcake made the list.

So I was wondering if anyone else thought this might be a good idea, or if we know what the criteria for being a healthy extra B is. If it doesn't meet the criteria, that's fine, but if it does then maybe we should get a little campaign going with SW HQ. :thumbup:

Attachments

• 1388919158141.jpg
    1388919158141.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 852
That picture is utter torture!!! I grew up with oatcakes and moved away years ago so I don't get oatcakes now unless my dad visits. He's not allowed in unless he's armed with a few dozen for my freezer :) I'm sitting wondering what to use my syns on today as I've not had any and then I see your picture haha

Awwww bless, Dipsy!! You poor thing. They stock North Staffs oatcakes in most big branches of Tesco and Sainsbury's but they are the mass-produced ones. I don't live in the area either - I now live in deepest darkest Nottinghamshire - but my dad gave me a pack at Christmas which I froze (individually, not the whole pack) so that will keep me going for a while, one at a time (there was one a time when I'd have 3 at once, all filled to the brim with cheese..... sigh).

Oatcakes FTW! :p

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ooooooooh cheese and bacon with hp sauce yummy!!!! My dad has to bring at least 3 dozen haha bug then I only see him a couple of times a year so they have to last :) xxx

Back