Not a single excuse this time!

CuddlePaws

Well I'm back after a shaky Xmas!! Didn't exactly diet, but I wasn't as bad as I could have been. However, its time to get serious and I started getting a bit more serious on 1st January!!

I haven't gained the half stone back that I lost in November (well I was up around 2 lbs when I weighed myself on 1st Jan) but I think thats not tooooooo bad over the festive feasting! But now there is NO excuse is there!

I really really reallyyyyyyyyyy am serious now and I'd like to hear from all of you who are serious too!! In fact I took my little one to a kiddies party today (yes uh oh, nibbles ahoy!!!) and I didn't even worry about the food, (mainly because I was busy trying to get the camcorder working lol.) Wish I had't let hubby film me on it though, the git, I was hoping the view of my backside was just on a wide view lens, but OH NO its real and its pretty hefty and it was definitely mine :cry:

Anyway......

I've started cutting out all that junk as I mean to go on and by summer I wanna see a lot less of my *ss and a lot more of my *nicer* wardrobe! Mostly because I'll be down on a spanish beach where alot of nifty little tanned bodies will be lying around and I don't want to be the white lardy one, sitting under a brolly wearing those (fool ourselves into thinking they're sexy).. colourful kaftan things!

So whose joining me? Are we in this together or are we out?

I Can do it! I Can do it! I Can do it.

Good luck to me and the rest of you slim to be Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!
xxxxxxx

PS: Please make me come back here often, if only to be true to myself!

you have an excellent attitude, you sound so so motivated. you go girl!!

im trying to get myself into the same frame of mind, but my god its hard. i did set to become the "new me" on 1st jan but strangely because it wasnt a monday, i couldnt do it. So ive now set for the 5th Jan to start, because ill be back at work too, which seems to help keep to the plan.

good luck xx

Hello dani and thank you! Yes I do sound motivated don't I! That's what happens when you see your butt on a video at a kiddies party, (doesn't help that all other ones are miniature butts either). But I think I might have to play it back every day to remind myself, because if that image dares to fade, I'll be raiding the fridge again in no time. PMT also waits like a drooling demon behind my fridge and yanks me in with a net once a month. The only escape is attitude, I am working on keeping it charged up!

Well, I really wish you the best of luck too and that the new year really is a happy one! xxxx

YES im with ya, and we need more regualr posters on here! i find it quite funny when i look at all the last posters and its my name all over the place, sorry if im hogging the forum, feel free to add more to drown me out!

welcome back and yes good luck to all of us!

I'm the same with the 1st of Jan thing! I always intended on starting the CC tomorrow (5th) but was hoping I could persuade myself to start the exercising before. Alas...:cry:

So tomorrow is my day :D I am useless when I am out of routine, that's why I am better starting a diet on a Monday as I know I will have at least 5 good days. Hubbie is starting on his regime too, so that's half the battle.

So this evening I am preparing my little lunch box, weighing everything and updating Food Focus as I go. As soon as I get home from work I will do my Pilates dvd for 30 mins, and my very brilliant intention at the mo is to try my new Davina workout too (40mins I believe). But, ahem, we'll see how that one goes :jelous:

I am feeling very motivated, so fingers crossed. I am the heaviest I have been for a long time and I hate it :( I haven't gone up a dress size, but my current clothes are tight. A couple more pound and I would have to resort to new clothes - so enough is enough!

I hope you're all still feeling motivated. I intend on posting here as much as I can. I have a really quiet spell in work coming up so I will probably post during the day. However, after reading Preetones adventures with her pedometer, I may go and buy one tomorrow and walk around the warehouse a few hundred times!!! (I am a training manager in a warehouse, but we are starting redundancies this month so not much training going on. Never mind, I'll just walk all day!)

Good luck for tomorrow everyone - let's make it a good one :vibes:

hi :)
hope you dont mind me joining this ?
ive started a diet a few of times.
first time was october last year, i was 11st and got down to 10.
I then split up with my long term partner and due to this, put on 2 stone!
I then got back together with my bf, lol, and may last year i lost weight and got to 11 stone.
Then in September i went on another diet and got to 10.5.
Due to christmas etc, i am now 11.12!
I'm determined to get to 10 stone, but by february i want to get to 10.12.
a stone in almost 8 weeks? I really hope i can do that!
I'm so determined, but need support, so felt about joining this and work at it with others.
So far today i have had a sunday dinner and a go ahead bar.
I'm thinking about 900/1000 calories, as i had mash potato, gravy and yorkshire. Wouldn't normally have them, but my boyfriend's mom cooked it so felt bad!
I aim to eat 1000 or max, 1200 calories a day, which should be 2 pounds a week!

xx

So this evening I am preparing my little lunch box, weighing everything and updating Food Focus as I go. As soon as I get home from work I will do my Pilates dvd for 30 mins, and my very brilliant intention at the mo is to try my new Davina workout too (40mins I believe). But, ahem, we'll see how that one goes :jelous:

Best of luck girl, and you sound very positive and down to earth :) I have heard good stuff about Pilates but I don't know if a real hefty bum like me can manage it, esp after having had a baby this year, and still being out of whack physically. Everytime I move something creaks! I think I even have a pilates DVD somewhere is this the stuff with the long elastic band thingy? Anyway I hope to get time to do a proper exercise DVD or something this year. With my one year old who climbs over me all day its pretty impossible, so I resort to power walking him in his buggy which is what I try to do everyday!

I don't want a pedometer because I know for a fact that if I don't do the said recommended number of steps in a day, I'll end up going to bed with twitching feet and end up a nervous wreck. I won't sleep and it'll drive me nuts. So I think i'll just stick to stepping where I have to normally go and carry on with my once a day sprint to the park and maybe Pilates or something when I can actually lift my leg higher than the sofa! :eek:

im sure running around with your baby is very active, and walking with the buggy prob kills loads of steps, bet ud be supriced at how many steps u actually do! manybe u should watch what u eat rather then focus on exercise... i dont know how long after having a baby u should start exercising :S

:)

wow! how much exercise is everyone doing! i NEED to do some.
might get a pedometer, it'll show me how much walking i do and might influence me to do more, well hopefully!
today im going to haveee..
a small box of special k
2 snackajacks
4 crackers, with a tiny amount of extra light butter
some fruit
and then for tea, possibly veg and tomato n basil chicken.
determined not to eat over 1000 cals today!!

xxx

Oops, when I said 'having a baby this year' I meant last year of course. It's going to take me months before I say this year and actually mean THIS year! :p

lol @ cuddlepaws! I don't think the fact that it's 2009 has sunk in with me yet either :confused:

As for the Pilates, I think it would be right up your street. It's low impact and focuses on your core abdominal muscles. It's more stretching/toning that cardio, and can be quite gentle. However, I bet it's difficult to find time to yourself when you have a little one, so maybe Pree's suggestion of just concentrating on the diet for now is the best way to go....it sounds like you're keeping active anyway. Just thinking of you running around after a 1 year old is making me weary!!!!!

So far so good today. Cheerios for breakfast, followed by a banana when I got to work. At 10am I had a jumbo caramel snack a jack. I was meant to have 2 satsumas too but I forgot, and now it's almost lunchtime, so no idea where I will fit them in! For lunch I am having WW chicken soup, followed by a Muller Rice (and possibly two satsumas :cry: ). I am soo not hungry though. I've been quite active this morning so I haven't had much time to think about the old belly, which is good. I am going to force my lunch down at 1 though, as I find the only way I ever lose is to eat little and often.

*Sigh* it's a hard life, things would be so much easier if we didn't have to eat!!!

Hope you're all having a good day :D

BTW - Hello Stacey, welcome to the gang!!

Last edited:
Well done Capirossi, you're doing great. Keep it up!! xx

I'm starving too even though I've had Cheerios for breakfast, 2 toasts and a slice of ham around 10.30 and a coffee.. Then for lunch I took li'l monster to the park and zinged it all the way there in my jogging pants..sexyyyy uh? :cool: I sat on a bench and ate a baked potato with tuna mayo and salad. I thought that was a healthy choice as opposed to those large bread rolls anyway.

YES, I love the idea of Pilates now! I tried to get inside a dvd shop on the way home, but as always couldn't get the pram past anyone into the shop, hopeless, so i can only do that one when the shops are less busy!

I think I could possibly manage a bit of Pilates if li'l monster is good and goes to sleep circa 7-8pm! I can get down on the floor then and have a go (yeah baby!) even though hubby will likely be on the sofa trying hard not to giggle at me, and get murdered straight after!

I always worry about some of these new types of exercies and moves that shake your booty and make you part your legs a lot! I tend to break bits of wind when I bend over - (certain things aren't quite the same after having a baby lol) At least with good old fashioned 80's vids the music would be pumping so loud, no-one would even hear you,and could only tell by your red cheeks. But these days its all elevator music, so even an ant on the floor would burst an eardrum if you let out a loud one!! I'm steering off course aren't I?

Anyway, I was good with my food choices today and I'm still feeling motivated even though I am terribly sleep deprived. Li'l monster likes to be up at 5 am, and no matter what we do that's just the way it is, he is a bad sleeper! :sigh:

I just had another thought I should go and eat some fruit really. I find it hard to get the fruit portions in most days!

I always worry about some of these new types of exercies and moves that shake your booty and make you part your legs a lot! I tend to break bits of wind when I bend over - (certain things aren't quite the same after having a baby lol) At least with good old fashioned 80's vids the music would be pumping so loud, no-one would even hear you,and could only tell by your red cheeks. But these days its all elevator music, so even an ant on the floor would burst an eardrum if you let out a loud one!! I'm steering off course aren't I?

:8855:haha.... i suppose other mothers can relate to this, but i havent popped on yet, so heres to looking forward to the lovely noises my woman area will be making in a few years time. haha.

and yes slightly off topic. lol.

Hi Everyone :wavey:

I'm new to the calorie counting boards, but not new to Minimins and certainly not new to the wonderful world of dieting :giggle:

Cuddlepaws you definitely sound positive in your mission to drop weight. I can relate totally to the coloured kaftan situation, add a couple of sarongs and I'm right there with you :D

Well I'm definitely up for losing my weight and getting to goal - so count me in!

Hope to chat with everyone soon x

internet shopping i think is the soloution cuddle to u not being able to get to a shop...

have u ever used your 'lil monster' as weights,using him would work your arms a treat. also u will keep the challenge fresh as he will get heavier!

Hi, I'm cal counting and would love to join you! I seem to have been on the dieting see-saw roughly since time began and I'm sick of it. So i've set myself a challenge, today is day one and from my ticker you can see the plan!

Lets do this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back