not giving up. Sarah's diary

Urgh! Bought new batteries for my electronic scales as I know they are more accurate than my old fashioned ones and I had a nagging feeling id be a lot heavier on them once I got a new battery in. And I am ! :( 13st5! Heaviest I've been in a few years! I'm gutted but if this don't give me motivation then nothing will xx

Okay so today I've had

Breakfast-didn't have breakfast today, couldn't stomach it, have had 4 cups of tea made with sweetener and a splash of milk from my HEA.

Lunch- 1 slice of wholemeal bread 800g loaf so had only one slice (HEB) with fried egg and a tablespoon of brown sauce (1 syn)

Plan for dinner is pork chops (fat removed) with potatoes and vegetables, will probably have a splash of gravy to up my syns a bit, don't like not having syns as then if I hit a wall with weightloss I have nothing to tweak.
So determined today after seeing my weight :(
How is everyone else getting on today? X

So dinner was loadssss of veggies. Pork with fat removed.and mash with Yorkshire puddings used 10 syns on margarine.Yorkshire pudding and a splash of gravy so that's me done for the day x

Hello! well done for staying on plan on a Sunday, it's always my worst day for being naughty! :) And good choice of syns on the yorkshires, I really wish there was such a thing as a low-fat version, they're my favourite bit of a roast! All good here, horribly hungover after a big night out but a few movies, water and carbs are sorting me out. And my thighs are killing from all last night's dancing so I feel like I did a bit of body magic! ;) Keep up the good work this evening, don't let the sunday evening nibbles creep in x

Hello! well done for staying on plan on a Sunday, it's always my worst day for being naughty! :) And good choice of syns on the yorkshires, I really wish there was such a thing as a low-fat version, they're my favourite bit of a roast! All good here, horribly hungover after a big night out but a few movies, water and carbs are sorting me out. And my thighs are killing from all last night's dancing so I feel like I did a bit of body magic! ;) Keep up the good work this evening, don't let the sunday evening nibbles creep in x

Thanks hun. Will stick to coffee tonight to curb any cravings! Yorkshire puddings are Defo the best part of a roast! I love when you ache the next day! It's the sign of a good night! Bet you've burnt loads of calories xx

Thanks hun. Will stick to coffee tonight to curb any cravings! Yorkshire puddings are Defo the best part of a roast! I love when you ache the next day! It's the sign of a good night! Bet you've burnt loads of calories xx

Lots burned, but definitely not as many as I consumed in alcohol!! x

Woke up starvingggg today! I've had branflakes with semi skimmed milk.only a splash though and added water. And 2 wholemeal toast. So 10 syns. Plus my HEB and half my HEA. Bit high on the syns but planning to do some exercise today so ill hopefully burn it off. Doing a big pot of pasta tuna sweetcorn and salad for lunch and dinner. I'm low on healthy food and I'm skint! Bad times :( can't wait to stock up on fruit! Hope everyone is well x

Hello! How did you get on today in the end? It's hard when you haven't got anything healthy in, do you get the Aldi Super 6 each week? x

Hello! How did you get on today in the end? It's hard when you haven't got anything healthy in, do you get the Aldi Super 6 each week? x

Nooooo :( I got on terrible. It's my birthday tomorrow so my friend came round with wine.chocolate and doughnuts (she didn't know I was dieting ) and so I didn't go overboard but with my heavy breakfast I was over my syns. Will be shopping today and getting lots of fresh fruit and veg hurrayyy! Also super 6? Is that there promotion on veg? Xx

Hello, just been reading your diary, and thought I would make a few suggestions if you don't mind - why not use frylight instead of oil to save on syns - it is magic. Also you could try quorn sausages - they are pretty tasty and only 1 syn each! But not that cheap :(

Hopefully you will get shopping today and buy in some fruit and veg. then you could snack more on fruit as it does help between meals if you get hungry and is superfree of course. Also bulking out meals with more veg will help keep you fuller for longer.

I find that I get in to a rut of eating the same meals and things day-in day-out and then I get easily fed up. Try to make a better variety of things.

Are you just doing it from home or do you go to a class?

good luck
Pinky x

Good luck! This morning I've discovered having Ryvita as my healthy B choice. I've had 4 for lunch smothered in Quark! Delicious and I am STUFFED!!!

Hello, just been reading your diary, and thought I would make a few suggestions if you don't mind - why not use frylight instead of oil to save on syns - it is magic. Also you could try quorn sausages - they are pretty tasty and only 1 syn each! But not that cheap :(

Hopefully you will get shopping today and buy in some fruit and veg. then you could snack more on fruit as it does help between meals if you get hungry and is superfree of course. Also bulking out meals with more veg will help keep you fuller for longer.

I find that I get in to a rut of eating the same meals and things day-in day-out and then I get easily fed up. Try to make a better variety of things.

Are you just doing it from home or do you go to a class?

good luck
Pinky x

Hey hun thanks for your suggestions. The first time I cooked I used oil as every time I go to the super market it's out of stock!! Like constantly! I did realise I had flora spray in my cupboard though and I can't find much about it. I imagine it's also synned but it's only 1calorie more than frylight per spray so I've been using that. Will be buying quorn sausages. I'm not a big fan of "real meat" sausages anyway but have been so low on shopping and not had the cash for a big shop. I'm doing it from home. I'm well educated on slimmingworld and done it at a group and lost 3 stone and got to target. I hate paying to get weighed as I find most of the help and support if I need it I get from here. Will Defo be stocking up on fruit and veg today. How's it going for you? Xx

Nooooo :( I got on terrible. It's my birthday tomorrow so my friend came round with wine.chocolate and doughnuts (she didn't know I was dieting ) and so I didn't go overboard but with my heavy breakfast I was over my syns. Will be shopping today and getting lots of fresh fruit and veg hurrayyy! Also super 6? Is that there promotion on veg? Xx

Oh dear! Very lovely of your friend but just the worst things when being good!! Well done on getting back on plan today :) Aldi have new "Super 6" veg every couple of weeks - it's 6 different fruit/veg at 69p, which is fab! This week is sweet potatoes, vine tomatoes, onions, little apples, plums and something else I can't remember - brilliant deal when you compare to what you'd pay in Tesco/Sainsbury's x

Ooh sounds good. I do pop into aldi occasionally so ill keep my eye out. The other supermarkets are so expensive

So I've been a good girl today....

B- was a late one but had a small sushi pack for 0.5syns and sugar free jelly with mullerlight (free)

L-seafood sticks with salad (free)

D- made the homemade kebab I found on here. Was absolutely gorgeous! Will Defo be doing it again.only problem was I couldn't get extra lean or even lean lamb mince so Had to syn it. Will be doing turkey or extra lean beef next time.
Lamb kebab 4syns
White garlic pitta (picked them up by mistake) 6syns
Served it with salad and Kraft light dressing 2syns

So 12.5 syns for the day.not had HEB
HEA used on milk in coffee.xx

Breakfast- 35g of quaker porridge oats (HEB) made with water. 2 teaspoons of sugar (2 syns)Poured a pot of vanilla mullerlight over the top with chopped strawberries and bananas, the porridge with vanilla.mullerlight tasted like a cake and custard! Soo nice and filling! Xx

Lunch
Made the kebab again. God it's gorgeous!! Done it with extra lean beef this time so free. And a white pitta( should be wholemeal but picked up wrong ones) so 6 syns and a tablespoon of Kraft light over my salad so 7 syns in total. Would be just one if id had wholemeal pitta as a HEB! Xx

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130417_124953.png
    ForumRunner_20130417_124953.png
    685.2 KB · Views: 22
Mornin'

I'm doin ok thanks, I have been stuggling the past few weeks, but have got my head back on my shoulders - just need to sort out my sugar cravings which are crazy at the mo. But I have a theory on why that is. Candida. The Beast. [as I call it lol] I have started a diary on here and I have just wrote a post about it - I wanted to share with others on here about it as I really do think it has a lot to do with the modern person's weight and diet struggles! The Silent Beast I should call it lol. I don't know how to link to my diary but its called 'The diary of one girls struggle to change'.

I go to a group and only joined 9 weeks ago, and I agree - the help and advice I am getting on here is far more valuable than what I get in group! But I am still going to keep going for the forseeable future, until I am more secure in myself that I can be disciplined to follow it! lol

xx

Lunch
Made the kebab again. God it's gorgeous!! Done it with extra lean beef this time so free. And a white pitta( should be wholemeal but picked up wrong ones) so 6 syns and a tablespoon of Kraft light over my salad so 7 syns in total. Would be just one if id had wholemeal pitta as a HEB! Xx

Ok I need the recipe for this kebab meat, I really miss my dirty Saturday night kebabs!!!! :D

Ok I need the recipe for this kebab meat, I really miss my dirty Saturday night kebabs!!!! :D
I've copied it for you out the recipes section xx

I got the recipe on here recently & made it last night for the first time, wow, I kid you not it tastes sooooooooo like the real thing!!!

We had it in a pitta (HEb) & with loads of salad & made a low syn garlic mayo dip, ohhhhhhhh I can now enjoy a fake-away kebab at the weekends - lush!!!

Here's the recipe (BTW I used extra lean beef mince rather than lamb!)

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon plain flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb lamb mince

Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F

In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.

Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.

Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and sauces!!!

Back