Not hungry!

Hiya Stu - you are going great guns, mate, well done!

I'll start off with a few answers - and I'm sure the others will have lots of advice too - so here goes...

am i allowed Duck? seems to good to be true!

Yes - is the short answer! Here's a list of the acceptable induction foods on Atkins - http://www.atkins.com/getmedia/61f15474-b7a1-4c46-93d6-341b858b916d/AcceptableFoodsPhase1_0818.aspx

i wondered where do i post if i have a new question about something im hopeless at these forums

I'd maybe stick to one thread - like this one - which is in the diary section. You can rename this one - just hover the cursor on the right of the title, right click and change the name as often as you like.

There's also a general questions thread area here Atkins Diet - where you can also find the stickies. TBH I hardly go there anymore and just post questions in my diary - but you have the choice of doing either :)

i wondered about sauces though, im not the best cook and wondered how you can jazz up a stir fry or anything with herbs or sauces / sour cream etc which is lush! but i have a coffee in the morning with cream so i dont know if im allowed more!

The latest Atkins book limits cream to 3-4 tablespoons a day, which comes out of your 20g carb allowance each day. I prefer to work on the numbers front and use very low carb unsweetened soya or almond milk in my tea and coffee (down to one of each per day :eek:) and then use low carb cream cheese for sauces - and use most of my allowance on green veg. Trust me - green leafy veg are amazing - they keep you regular, jampacked full of nutrients and appear to be weight loss speed foods - yaye! :)

i came across this guy on youtube whos doing the diet and doing well and uses coconut oil on everything ..am i allowed to put links on here to show people anything like that?

Coconut oil is one of the low carber's BFF :D - it's so utterly good for you! Go for the virgin coconut oil - £££ but worth it. You can buy it on Amazon, in supermarkets now, loads of places. And yes re links - we all love new information about low carb tools! Just copy the url and paste it in. Never thought about using it on my cooker though :)

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Back