Not hungry!

Geetwo

Hey all

I forgot to say, after my first week my hunger is suppressed and I'm struggling to eat my brekkie!

I wonder how many calories are we meant to be consuming?, I know it's not a calorie counting game but if you find yourself eating smaller portions due to a lack of hunger maybe you will be taking in about 1200 cals a day, 400 of which are from days such as butter oil cream etc, ?

I've started using coconut oil which was very weird but wow very tasty!!

Is it a case of eat only when your hungry or that you must keep to the meal snack meal snack meal format!?

Hope your all doing brilliant, keep strong
Stu

Ps
Not sure if I posted this in the right place ? :)

Hey all

I forgot to say, after my first week my hunger is suppressed and I'm struggling to eat my brekkie!

I wonder how many calories are we meant to be consuming?, I know it's not a calorie counting game but if you find yourself eating smaller portions due to a lack of hunger maybe you will be taking in about 1200 cals a day, 400 of which are from days such as butter oil cream etc, ?

I've started using coconut oil which was very weird but wow very tasty!!

Is it a case of eat only when your hungry or that you must keep to the meal snack meal snack meal format!?

Hope your all doing brilliant, keep strong
Stu

Ps
Not sure if I posted this in the right place ? :)

I think as a boy you need to be eating a lot more calories, I know on atkins we are not meant to be counting but generally it's along the same calorie count as a normal healthy diet do as a girl around 1500, boy 2000. Not got the old book handy but I'm sure it's says something about not going 5 waking hours without eating. If there is no appetite I think little and often, I have a bp coffee in the morning and struggle to eat before tea time (something I'm working on).

Instead of focussing on calories look at you carb/fat/protein ratios. I think it's something like 5/65/30.

Hope this helps :)

Hi Stu

I think it's a case of eat when you're hungry and don't focus on the cals. Atkins is a high protein, high fat diet - but the right sort of fats :)

Glad you like the coconut oil :) A lot of people here are fans of bulletproof coffees for breakfast - basically coffee, butter and coconut oil whizzed together until it goes frothy (I think) - they all swear by it, says it fills them up until at least lunchtime. I haven't tried one yet, to my shame :)

Re Calorie intake on Atkins

I think as a boy you need to be eating a lot more calories, I know on atkins we are not meant to be counting but generally it's along the same calorie count as a normal healthy diet do as a girl around 1500, boy 2000. Not got the old book handy but I'm sure it's says something about not going 5 waking hours without eating. If there is no appetite I think little and often, I have a bp coffee in the morning and struggle to eat before tea time (something I'm working on).

Instead of focussing on calories look at you carb/fat/protein ratios. I think it's something like 5/65/30.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for that info! think because i went from doing a on and off VLCD diet taking in only 600 cals a day when i was on it my body is freaking out and wondering what on earth is going on!.. ive actually put on about 4 pounds but its only week 1 and it kinda makes sense i will weigh a bit more to start with as i have more food density in me maybe?! lol.. and not just milkshakes!

On the actual atkins website their recommended meal planner (including 2 of their bars) cals wise only seems to come to about 12-400 cals but im going to look into that further!

im feeling great though and managed a brutal induction to my gym on monday which really hurt!

all the best
Stu

ah i kept seeing people mention this bulletproof coffee! where can i find the recipe /ingredient ratios etc! :)

I would avoid the bars if you can, they don't agree with lots of people, I know they make me hungry, if you want something sweet look in the receipe section, there are lots of ideas there. Good luck.

ah i kept seeing people mention this bulletproof coffee! where can i find the recipe /ingredient ratios etc! :)

Bp coffee, as per the website it's a large cup of premium filter/brewed coffee, 100g grass-fed unsalted butter and large spoon of coconut oil (can't remember the other oil they us in place of coconut oil, google it) I use 50g butter and spoon of coconut oil. You then use a blender and give it a whiz, result is a bit like a latte. Hunger is banished for an extended period of time!

Thanks for that info! think because i went from doing a on and off VLCD diet taking in only 600 cals a day when i was on it my body is freaking out and wondering what on earth is going on!.. ive actually put on about 4 pounds but its only week 1 and it kinda makes sense i will weigh a bit more to start with as i have more food density in me maybe?! lol.. and not just milkshakes!

On the actual atkins website their recommended meal planner (including 2 of their bars) cals wise only seems to come to about 12-400 cals but im going to look into that further!

im feeling great though and managed a brutal induction to my gym on monday which really hurt!

all the best
Stu

Atkins website has gone all commercial :-( I'd stay away from the bars if you can.
It's good that you have linked the gain to the 600 cals. Keep at it, you will certainly feel more satisfied eating on atkins, keep up with the gym and you will reap the benefits :)

Morning stu,

good luck with your Atkins journey. Like Sammy said try and stay clear of the bars or at least until you are in the maintanance phases. They can mess your system up and you have to have very strong will power not to eat more than one per day or you suffer. I was free of all cravings and doing really well on Atkins, ate one and back to square one with cravings and bad stomachs. Go easy. No need to calorie count in this diet, only eat when hungry and until satisfied not stuffed. You will be amazed at the results when doing this diet properly especially for guys :)

Morning stu,

good luck with your Atkins journey. Like Sammy said try and stay clear of the bars or at least until you are in the maintanance phases. They can mess your system up and you have to have very strong will power not to eat more than one per day or you suffer. I was free of all cravings and doing really well on Atkins, ate one and back to square one with cravings and bad stomachs. Go easy. No need to calorie count in this diet, only eat when hungry and until satisfied not stuffed. You will be amazed at the results when doing this diet properly especially for guys :)

I know why do guys always drop soooo quick on Atkins??? Annoying!

Oh and hi stu - stay well away from bars and good luck x

Thanks Sammy :)

Hi and thanks! yeah i will stay away from the bars.. its bizarre how on the atkins site there meal planner thing lists each day to have 2 atkins bars!! a day!! almost everyday!! this would also cost on its own about £140 a month!!! (roughly £4 a day)! ..

Is it rude to ask much much do people spend on shopping for this diet for food?, i suck at shoppping and will overbuy like there is a hurricane coming! .. im better at it now than i used to be though and try and live a few days at a time!

Stu

Morning Stu

There's a low carb shopping guide on the stickies, have a good look at that.

I would start out simple and stick to bacon and eggs for brekkie, protein and salad for lunch, and protein and cauli mash or sauteed cabbage, something like that, for dinner, cheese etc for snacks - so it makes your shopping easy until you get in the swing of things and feel more adventurous in the kitchen.

Doing atkins doesn't have to be expensive, cheap cuts of meat in season veg, no atkins products :) lots of eggs

If you live near a tesco, they have 2 spring greens or 2 sweetheart cabbages for £1, birds eye haddock lemon & chive sauce fillets for £1, normally £3 so a very filling bargain :)

Oh thanks Tee I'm just about to do my Tescos shop - will try the haddock out, it's white fish so should be Ok for my fish allergy :)

Oh thanks Tee I'm just about to do my Tescos shop - will try the haddock out, it's white fish so should be Ok for my fish allergy :)

It is lush! I had both pieces for my tea last night, was expecting tiny thin pieces of fish but they were large chunky bits :) hehe can you tell that I was impressed?!?

LOL I've just ordered four! Let's just hope they still have them in stock - there's always something missing from my delivery :(

No I never do substitutes, had too many times when I got something so completely different (and high in carbs) instead so decided it wasn't worth it :)

Hey,

yeah i do and went there today and found awsome deals on yummy meat like lamb and even duck! am i allowed Duck? seems to good to be true! .. i wondered where do i post if i have a new question about something im hopeless at these forums i also found these handy little veg packs which you just shove in the microwave and in 2 mins you have your veg! .. i wondered about sauces though, im not the best cook and wondered how you can jazz up a stir fry or anything with herbs or sauces / sour cream etc which is lush! but i have a coffee in the morning with cream so i dont know if im allowed more!

this evening i had a stir fry with chicken and veg in coconut oil and it was so nice and now im totally full! i had a tuna salad for lunch and scrambled egg with bacon (3eggs) ehich i love i could eat eggs all day long might even buy a chicken haha! but anyway on my lunch break i came across this guy on youtube whos doing the diet and doing well and uses coconut oil on everything .. like himself, skin hair etc! .. i guess this cant hurt but he seemed to be using loads of the stuff but regardless has lost 100 pounds! am i allowed to put links on here to show people anything like that? .. i actually spilled some oi today on my oven top and when wiping it off suddenly saw my oven looked amazing! .. like really clean and shiny ! haha try it if your ovens a bit dull ! was weird! .. but yay for coconut oil!

anyway, thanks for all the imput from everyone, if someone could kindly let me know where to post things if i have questions, and also i was thinking of righting a blog type diary of my daily events and experiences on here but not sure how to do that also? lol.. oh dear im technologically lost and im only 33 lol

Thanks
stu

Back