Not in ketosis

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by sylvielove, 2 September 2008 Social URL.

1. sylvielove

sylvielove Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(35.65%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet and gastric band
    Hi all, I'm on day 6 of the diet and have just tested myself for ketones but am completely negative.

I have been having one coffee a day with a splash of chocolate tetra and two tablet sweeteners. Do you think this is the problem?

Would appreciate your help :)

Laura x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hey Laura, I have lots of black coffee and one of my "meals" is a choc tetra so I can only assume that the sweetners are what is causing the block to Ketosis. Can you drink coffee without?

4. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I dont know becuase i have sweetner in my coffee and i have the sugar lilke stuff and its never stopped me from going into ketosis!

Not a clue, maybe your body is resisting just a bit or the sticks dont work - sometimes they just dont on certain people.

Have you had a funny taste in your mouth the last few days, bad breath as there all signs, have you weighed yourself and noticed weight going down?

5. Boo

Boo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8lb(18.87%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    When are you testing for ketosis?
    First thing is best as testing later in the day after you've had water/coffe/tea etc can show up as a negative as you're hydrated.

xx

6. hopefulslimmer

hopefulslimmer Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You should only be using the tablet sweetners and not the powder stuff as they add sugar to the sweetner to make it pourable.

Also make sure you test in the morning as you may been diluting all the Ketones with the amount of water you will be drinking

7. sylvielove

sylvielove Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(35.65%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet and gastric band
    Thank you all so much.

The postman brought the ketostix at about 11.30 am so I did it then. I shall try again tomorrow morning first thing.

I don't have a funny taste in my mouth as such, more a real dry mouth feeling. I also wouldn't say I was starving hungry more a craving for salty, carby food. The dreaded head hunger!! Just made my son beans on toast with dairylea and my mouth was literally watering!!

I'm so worried I'm doing something wrong all the time and will never get into ketosis.

Thanks again guys :)

Laura x

8. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

hey hun, dont worry just do it in the morning again as the water can dilute the result. Your doing FAB :) x

9. kikuka

kikuka Tequila makes miaow happy

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(36.82%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    hey, sometimes the sticks dont work. Mine usually go pink, but if I have excercised, drunk a fair bit of water, wee too forcefully (honest - I think it washes away the chemicals or something) or feel sick it doesnt change. Interestingly, after the gym last week my wee was negative but my armpits were positive (dont ask, thought they may come out in sweat too??)

10. wannabeskinny

wannabeskinny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    cd
    hang in there x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.