Not in ketosis

sylvielove

Hi all, I'm on day 6 of the diet and have just tested myself for ketones but am completely negative.

I have been having one coffee a day with a splash of chocolate tetra and two tablet sweeteners. Do you think this is the problem?

Would appreciate your help :)

Laura x

Hey Laura, I have lots of black coffee and one of my "meals" is a choc tetra so I can only assume that the sweetners are what is causing the block to Ketosis. Can you drink coffee without?

I dont know becuase i have sweetner in my coffee and i have the sugar lilke stuff and its never stopped me from going into ketosis!

Not a clue, maybe your body is resisting just a bit or the sticks dont work - sometimes they just dont on certain people.

Have you had a funny taste in your mouth the last few days, bad breath as there all signs, have you weighed yourself and noticed weight going down?

When are you testing for ketosis?
First thing is best as testing later in the day after you've had water/coffe/tea etc can show up as a negative as you're hydrated.

xx

Thank you all so much.

The postman brought the ketostix at about 11.30 am so I did it then. I shall try again tomorrow morning first thing.

I don't have a funny taste in my mouth as such, more a real dry mouth feeling. I also wouldn't say I was starving hungry more a craving for salty, carby food. The dreaded head hunger!! Just made my son beans on toast with dairylea and my mouth was literally watering!!

I'm so worried I'm doing something wrong all the time and will never get into ketosis.

Thanks again guys :)

Laura x

hey, sometimes the sticks dont work. Mine usually go pink, but if I have excercised, drunk a fair bit of water, wee too forcefully (honest - I think it washes away the chemicals or something) or feel sick it doesnt change. Interestingly, after the gym last week my wee was negative but my armpits were positive (dont ask, thought they may come out in sweat too??)

hang in there x

Back