not loosing weight since Exante

shona1968

just wondered if i can get some help!!!
4 weeks ago i stopped exante and weighed 78.8kg and commenced sw. that weekend i went away and drank for the first time and on the monday weighed in at 80.2. I accepted that as I had come of exante and had drank alcohol. The follwing week i weighed 78.3 so was v pleased. Once again i went out on fri and drank vodka and diet coke, id saved all my points and didnt cheat otherwise. Yesturday i weighed 78.7 which in general means in 4 weeks iv only lost 0.,2 lbs. I kno Ive drank but this seems extreme. Im very much sticking to my diet and eating everything i should be.
Anyone else not loosing on this plan

I had a few weeks of sts but that was my own fault and being a bit lax with the plan. I;ve lost 22.5lbs on slimming world so it works nicely. Dont even know what exante is(care to explain) and also what are you eating throughout a day on slimming world and what plan are you on?

Hiya ive come off lighterlife 1/ cos i missed having a life and 2/ cos deep down i know slimming world is best for me and my family but my s/w consultant after a diet like those it can take 3-4 weeks for the body to right its self again for the bowel to fill for water balance to regulate etc so really youve done fab to hang onto any weightloss you had with exante and now you should start to see results with slimming world, i put on 4 pound in first 2 weeks but have lost it again now so ive gained the 2 stone loss with lighterlife which is fab and now 100% slimming world here we go lol hope it makes sense x

Hi
I'm an ex Lighter Life-er and couldn't handle it any more - been back and forth for 5 years. And had to face the fact that although the replacement food diets do work, it was no good for me long term. I needed to deal with my eating habits, not cut them out of my life.
But, when you return to conventional food after abstinence you can expect to put on upto about 7lbs. This is all your glycogen stores refilling.
On Exante/LL, you will have had no food/waste in your body.
It will settle down after a few weeks though and once your body has adapted to food again - all will be well.

Good Luck

hi , I have just come off CD so similar swap ..... you have done brilliant to not gain any , SW is obviously working for you and you will start loosing again soon for sure .. your body may be panicing and holding onto the fat just incase you start 'starving ' it again , but it will start loosing again soon !! I have gained 16 lb just in the last week from stopping CD and doing SW ( I have had a holiday too so not on plan all the time ...) but i know that I retain water when I reintroduce carbs so was expecting it .. and hope that by doing red days for a few weeks I can start loosing again now ....I sure hope !!!! dont get down about it , its fab that you have stayed the same and the lbs will soon be flying off again soon :D

If your stats are still correct then your BMI is only just above 25, so you are nearly there in terms of being at what the 'experts' consider a healthy weight. It could be that it will take you a little longer to shift weight now you are nearly at a target weight, and that combined with eating actual food probably explains the relatively slow losses so far,

Think about it this way - if you had carried on with meal replacement until you hit target what would you have done to maintain? Drink more meal replacements or eat some food? You would have needed to go through this at some point, and sooner the better if it means you can eat and drink again.

I just realised that my post sounds like I'm having a go about meal replacement and its not my intention - I see why they would work, but I could never do it myself so RESPECT!

Ah thanks guys that was a really useful post. I did the VLCD to shift the weight quickly but time wise now it means ive averaged 2lbs per week. Im just soooo desparate to get out of the 12s. Its hard when youre really trying hard and not seeing the rewards. I will persevere tho as love the SW meals and hope that i start seeing some changes soon. I was 9 stone when i married many yrs ago so kno that my body can do it but id just be elated if i could get to 11stone. At press it seems unreachable. Thanks for responing

Back