Not losing weight at all I really really need help

Latte

Silver Member
I joined Slimming World last July 2011 and since then I have lost so little (8lbs to date) it is really starting to get to me especially when I see how well everyone else is doing.

At one point I had lost a stone but after 10 days away in Floriday last November I have yet to get back down to that weight loss again

I havent even got down to my pre Christmas weight

My consultant can not see anything wrong with me sheets and she got me to write down about 8 weeks worth which I did and she sent them to HO.

She was off this week so I have no idea what HO have said about them.

Her stand in who is a brand new consultant looked at this weeks which I have just finished typing up in my food diary and suggested I up my free.

I do mainly green days as I dont eat meat and I only eat a little fish

Most of my food is superfree and I do eat a lot of fruit and veg

I have PCOS and I am pre diabetic which means I should limit my intake of carbs to avoid blood sugar issues and as a consequence I tend to eat little and often.

Please please can people look at my food diary.

Link is in my signature and see if there is anything obvious as to what I am doing wrong

Everything is weighed measured etc I barely drink so no sneaky vodkas, no kids so no sneaking food off plates. 80% of my food is homemade and I rarely eat out.

I do try and exercise twice a week at the gym but I also have endometriosis and another pelvic condition so walking etc is quite difficult for me

I am at least two stone overweight and my BMI is just below 30

Please can anyone help before I throw in the towel as even if I am not eating enough like the new consultant claims surely I would have lost more than 1lb a month

I dont believe I am not eating enough and I think she doesnt have a clue either and she suggested 7 FREE foods a day - how I can eat rice pasta potatoes lentils etc 7 times in one day I have no idea

Hopefully my regular C will be back next week

The dr has cleared me for all other conditions ie thryroid diabetes etc etc

I think it's interesting that you are pre diabetic, so you should steer clear of white carbs and have wholegrain pasta and brown rice in quite small amounts. Also you need a good portion of protein with any carbs you eat being pre diabetic. What sources of protein do you have as a vegetarian? You sat you eat some fish, what about eggs? Quorn products?
I think if you can add in protein and not overdo the carbs you will have better results.

Have you tried reading other peoples diary's who are having good weight losses to see what they are eating? That's what I've been doing if I've struggled :) xxx

Pre diabetic is a silly phrase I think.

Basically I am on metformin a diabetic drug for my PCOS and if I were to come off it then I would probably develop diabetes then have to take it anyway !

I eat quorn tofu eggs cheese bit of fish no shellfish so I do get protein in my diet.

The only food group I don't eat is meat poultry and shellfish.

Yes I have looked at other green day diaries and I just can't see what I am doing that is so wrong and preventing my weight loss .

I don't really do green days, but I shall have a look see later and see if I can spot anything :) I'm just off to WI now but will look tonight or tomorrow morning!! :) xxx

Latte im the same as you, i joined in September & ive lost 6 pounds.I do eat meat. I have wrote diaries for my swc to look at & she cant find anything.Sometimes she has said i dont eat enough or to swap things round apart form that she more or less said she didnt know what was going wrong.I stop to class get ideas from this site i buy sw mag.I went to DR,s yesterday & he took blood so i will see how that goes.

I'm so glad it's not just me! I've just been to weigh in and once again stayed the same! I've too not lost my Xmas weight and I just want to scream now
I do so much exercise to the point I've hired a personal trainer and although I'm feeling better nothing is happening
If anyone can give me any tips etc id be so grateful!
I just want to give in and I still have 2 stone left! Xx

I have had a look and although I agree you are sticking to plan I know the one thing that really gets my weight loss going is veg. I know you have salad but I don't see lots of green and leafy veggies- when i have good losses I have been having really good portions of things like broccoli, spinach, leeks, cabbage, green beans, asparagus, courgettes etc etc etc. Sweetcorn and roast veg are all on plan but are quite sweet and starchy so you need to balance with other types of veg

I also wonder whether things that you have which are convenience foods like pasta n sauce, crispbreads, cereal bars etc which can have a lot of salt are inhibiting weight loss?

I would have a week of trying to have all fresh stuff - veggie and lentil stews, chillies, curries, pasta with home made sauces, lots of water and maybe limit syns to 10

I would also consider having some alternative Bs - so olive oil, dried fruit, nuts, seeds etc - and second the idea of having wholegrain rice, pasta etc. Quorn often has good results so get plenty of that in.

I do sympathise - it is tough when a condition inhibits weight loss but it is do-able - maybe do a search for other people with PCOS as I know there are people who have struggled but succeeded

Hope that helps

Hi, sorry to hear that you're getting a bit down with it. I agree with the previous post about upping your veg intake and limiting your processed foods. On the whole though your diary does seem to be ok. The only thing I can think to add it to try and up your fluid intake. Three members did this in my group this week and all lost between 3.5 and 4lbs (higher than there normal results) this may be worth a try and it won't do you any harm. Good luck and I hope it starts moving soon for you. xxx

Hi I also struggled, but managed 4.5 this week, which is more than I manage in months! What I did was vary between red, green, extra easy.. Red, green, extra easy. It's really helped me vary what I am eating, which my consultant was important to keep my metabolism on it's toes. I can't guarantee anything, but it has really made a difference for me this week :) GOOD LUCK!

Thank you all so much .

I was thinking about changing my hex b to more natural stuff for a while as I love nuts but can't stop only eating a few ! Will see how I get on.

I drink at least 2.5 litres of plain water and no added sugar squash a day. Usually a litre of water and the rest squash so anymore and I will be squelching !

In my first month on SW I gained 3lb. Im gonna fine tune with even more veggies and less processed - but those sweet and sour mugshots r soooo good - and lots of water...

do you like chickpeas? Blending them into a soup is so filling and less carby than pastas and potatoes.

Well today my hex b has been nuts and probably cheese with dinner later which will cover a and b

Lunch was a McCain jacket potato with beans so 1 syn but two free foods

my friend was on slimming world and because there were no portion controls she gained 7 lb in the 4 months she was going, she changed from SW and is now nearly 3 stone down in 5 months.

Awwwe Latte :(

I can't help but think it's these hormone problem, I only say as I suffer the exact same problems as you. I still think up your Superfree over Free. I REALLY hope your C is back next week with some advice from HO, it's really good she's sent the diaries on. Keep me posted :) Hugs x

theapple said:
my friend was on slimming world and because there were no portion controls she gained 7 lb in the 4 months she was going, she changed from SW and is now nearly 3 stone down in 5 months.

Oh dear. I suspect this maybe my problem.....

maybe slimming world is not right for you, but if you have tried alot of things and truly honestly stuck to them, then i think u need to see your doctor as there may be another medical issue that you are not yet aware of. you can't eat mental ammounts of food and lose weight like someone said earlier but if you not then it does sound like something is wrong.

Well the consultant hasn't had back my food diaries from head office yet and it has been two weeks.

I got weighed yesterday and for the first time since January I lost 2lbs. I have made some changes and swapped alpen light and hi fi bars oaty bars etc for nuts which is fine on green.

Not sure if that is the reason for the good weigh in but I am going to try and continue. It is hard as I usually save a bar for after dinner.

I have also cut out ryvita crackerbread and scan bran.

lottiebird said:
Hi I also struggled, but managed 4.5 this week, which is more than I manage in months! What I did was vary between red, green, extra easy.. Red, green, extra easy. It's really helped me vary what I am eating, which my consultant was important to keep my metabolism on it's toes. I can't guarantee anything, but it has really made a difference for me this week :) GOOD LUCK!

Those were big words... I maintained this week and feel like I'm starting to slip!

Back