Not losing weight :-(

twinmum05

Hi
I have been doing SW for 11 days now and on my first weigh in i lost a measley 0.5lb:cry:and according to my scales at home which i am exactly 2lb lighter on compared to the ones at class i havent lost anymore. I have been really good but its not working for me. I was doing the dukan diet before this and lost abit on that but found it too restrictive with having a family. Can anyone share some tips for boosting weightloss? I really dont want to throw in the towel just yet:sigh:.
thanks x

Goodness me, give it a chance!! Firstly, if you've gone from Dukan to SW then it will take your body some time to eating normally again. Actually, the fact that you have lost anything is a plus because most people gain. Secondly, step away from the scales - don't weigh more than once a week because the result is completely inaccurate otherwise. Your weight naturally goes up and down from day to day so really you have no idea what they will say come your official weigh in day. I could weigh this morning and be 5lb heavier that yesterday, which is of course nonsense!

So don't give up because you haven't even started yet in reality. Post your food diary on here just to make sure that you are following the plan properly and donate your scales to the local charity shop. You need to give any plan at least a month before deciding it is not working for you, and probably even longer if moving from a meal replacement diet to normal eating again.

Give SW a month to work -esp after Dukan.

I am sure you are following it to the letter, but re-read your books again just in case (sometimes its something very small, that can have a big impact - using 800g loaf instead of 400g, or low fat instead of fat free for example)

Good luck - as you can see from my stats it DOES work, you just need to give it a little more time x

Give it a month, you'll see a difference. A drastic change will confuse your body - give it a chance ;)

I only lost 0.5 lbs last week (which is my first back on plan after a leap from the wagon) but this week I've lost 3 lbs.

It can vary from week to week & sneaky peeks aren't helpful, stick to weighing once a week.

Good luck, you can do it :D

XxX

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

stick with the plan, it works, just look at the threads and inspirational photo's. SW is not a quick fix, and some weeks will be sts or slow losses, but overall the lb's will and do come off. good luck and enjoy the journey.

i was the same today. joined last week and only lost 0.5lbs but i only have a stone to loose. I was talking to one of the women at group and she said ive done well to lose in my first week and that she put on lbs when she weighed in first week.

Found it quite dissapointing that ive been really good all week and only lost .5. im sticking at it as ive got loads more energy, dont feel sluggish and my skins much better too so im reaping the health benefits already. Reading your words of wizdom has kept me on track. Doesnt help my period is due this week :(

I did slimming world this time last year and only lost 5lbs and I gave up, wish I didn't at the time, I didn't put on any weight and I didn't lose it, carry on doing what your doing maybe drinking more water, thats what everyone says. You should see losses if you carry on!

When I started SW last year, I lost 1 pound in week 1 and 2 and then from week 3 started to lose 2 pounds a week. It can take a couple of weeks so don't give up yet!

I started again today, I know I will have small losses because I only have a stone to lose now and apparently it slows down the closer you get to your goal. I hope I don't lose my motivation or get discourages if my losses are rubbish! :/

Thanks Josie, I think the first 2 weeks are the hardest too aswell so its hard not to be unmotivated but like you said you started losing more after those weeks so I hope I do too :)

i just found it quite disheartening tha ive been good all week long and only been having between 3-6 syns a day. i did have a total blow out on friday for my friends birthday and had about 30 syns but i wouldnt have thought that would have made a difference if ive not been having too many syns through the week. Just feel dissapointed & a bit guilty now for having a curry. was hoping for at least 1lb.

going to stick at it and if i feel a wobble coming on ill be sure to let you all know. Think this website is great & really keeping me on track. Thanks guys.

It's my first week back at slimming world after following Dukan, I also found it tough with cooking for the family although my losses were good my poor son suffered .... Working full time then cooking separate meals on pure protein days just got too much.
I did have a holiday inbetween so hoping to see some loss on thurs eve but def agree with other comments to give it a month.
My consultant was telling me last week that one of her new members lost nothing for 3 weeks, diary was spot on. The 4th week she lost 10lbs!!!
Stick with it, our bodies just maybe need to adjust themselves :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm having similar issues, half a pound loss, then a pound, then STS. I'm going to give it a while because I know there are freaky things going on with my metabolism after quitting smoking and then not eating enough once I started putting weight on. I also exercise, so although I'm not losing rapidly in terms of weight, I'm toning up and losing inches.

I'm also a fairly low starting weight with not an awful lot to lose.

Be patient. I know it's not easy, but you're not alone. If we relax about it and follow the healthy eating aspect of SW, it can only do us good.

x

Last edited:
This may seem unusual but you may not be eating enough. I have heard of this before, When people have ate more of the correct foods obviously, they lost more weight. It is easy to assume that we are on a diet so we cannot eat much. Not true if you stick to the plan you can eat till you are full, not stuffed. Its learning curve, the plan works when followed correctly. All the success stories on here are proof.
On the other hand, you have lost weight not gained, so be proud of yourself. Good luck for the coming weeks.

Hi
I have been doing SW for 11 days now and on my first weigh in i lost a measley 0.5lb:cry:and according to my scales at home which i am exactly 2lb lighter on compared to the ones at class i havent lost anymore. I have been really good but its not working for me. I was doing the dukan diet before this and lost abit on that but found it too restrictive with having a family. Can anyone share some tips for boosting weightloss? I really dont want to throw in the towel just yet:sigh:.
thanks x

whats your typical food intake per day, what do you eat and which plan are you following (EE, red or green). You are berrating yourself too soon hun, give it time

i just found it quite disheartening tha ive been good all week long and only been having between 3-6 syns a day. i did have a total blow out on friday for my friends birthday and had about 30 syns but i wouldnt have thought that would have made a difference if ive not been having too many syns through the week. Just feel dissapointed & a bit guilty now for having a curry. was hoping for at least 1lb.

going to stick at it and if i feel a wobble coming on ill be sure to let you all know. Think this website is great & really keeping me on track. Thanks guys.

your syns need to be taken daily, 3 syns is maybe not ideal for you to lose effectively. 10-15 per day is reccomended to optimise losses, i know you had a blow out but still i believe they need to be a daily allowance

felicity62 said:
whats your typical food intake per day, what do you eat and which plan are you following (EE, red or green). You are berrating yourself too soon hun, give it time

Just to let you know, the op hasn't posted on the sw forum since this thread-which was 4 months ago, and all her recent postings have been in the Dukan forum so it's probably not relevant anymore

Twinmum - I was doing the dukan diet the same time as you, I remember you from the boards. It helped me lose about a stone quickly but like you really struggled to make it work with my young family, and got fed up with the restrictiveness, cudos to those who stick to it. However, I'm so pleased I joined slimming world, I find it very easy to follow after dukan, so much more flexible. Please stick with it, the weight will come off if you keep to plan, it might just take a while. I've been doing it for 5 weeks now and after a good loss the first week, the others weeks I've lost 1.5lb, slow but steady - which I really believe is the best way. Good luck - I hope it works for you.

Back