Not sure what to do!

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and really just looking for advice and help!
I am 29 years old and weigh about 22 stone. I am 30 in Feb and really do not want to start my 30's been this size. I also suffer from diabetes and PCOS and my health is suffering because of how much i weigh.
I have been reading about these VLCD and would love to start one. Does anyone have any suggestions, which ones are best?
Any tips on how to get through my 1st week?
This is something i really want to do, but just need the push to do it. Many thanks. x

hiya

I have tried cambridge and lighterlife on VLCD. I think they are all similar it depends what you need. With LL you do get more support and a counselling session in a group once a week and with some cambridge counsellors you do get a bit of one to one but think it varies massively from one to another. There are online VLCD as well Exante being the most popular at the minute. This is great if you feel you dont need as much support (you get loads on here) and I think they have counsellors on the end of the phone/e-mail (someone on exante will correct this if I'm wrong). WIth exante you order online and get home delivery as well.

Cost wise LL is about £70 per week, cambridge varies but I was paying about £38 a week and I think exante do offers of a monthly pack for about £100.

One thing I will say is if you start it try not to come off plan at all, it is so hard to get back into VLCD, I should know I have tried numerous occasions and never been successful since the first golden time!!

Good luck whatever you do and February is a long way off you have 6/7 months to start on your journey so whatever you decide to do you could have great results by then.

Hope I've helped but somebody more successful will be along soon I'm sure x

Theyre all pretty similar it just depends how you want to do it

Exante is the cheapest, its bought online, delivered to your door and you do your own wi's etc
Cambridge is bought from a councellor you see once a week on a one to one basis
Lighter Lift is again with a councellor but it has group councelling sessions too
Lipotrim is bought from a pharmacy and the pharmacist weighs you weekly

They all have the same results, its just depends on what suits you best

Thank you ladies!
I think i might give the Exante a whirl. My eating is sometimes down to boredom, and i am sometimes not even hungry when i do eat.
Everyone on here seems really nice, and i can see the support on here looks fab.
Feb is a long way off, but i need to start it now. its all i can think about! Not only for short term, but for long term reasons too. x

Hi Starlight
Just been reading your journal online - i have to say you are very inspirational. If u don't mind me asking, what was your starting weight? x

Go for it - try Exante! You won't regret it. I take Exante and the beauty if it is there is a little give if you need something extra. They do a VLCD TS which is just shakes/bars/soups and they do the WS which is three packs plus a little bit of protein or/and salad.

Back