NOTE FOR FRUIT EATERS

Just spoke to my leader tonight fruit is free if used in MODERATION!
Eg a full carton of grapes is actually 12PROPOINTS!

Fruit is given a pro point value of 0 per portion.
Eg a small cup full.
After that it is pointed.

It contains a lot of sugar and after the water content of the fruit has been extracted your body is left with the sugar to deal with.

Sorry to all you fruit lovers out there
Xx

Yes but.......

As I said on my other post, I just added 1kg of grapes into my daily tracker (I'm an online member) and it came up as 0pp.

I've looked all over the WW website and I can't find anything about this.

I understand the "In moderation" bit, but not convinced this is true.....

Thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I eat loads of it.

my WW leader said the same, a small portion is 0 points but if you eat more then you need to count it

But how do you count it? If you put for example 100 bananas into the ProPoint tracker it still says 0 points

What is this 5 a day rule? Again, I can't see any reference to it on the website. In fact on the healthy guidelines boxes it gives 8 boxes for fruit and veg and there is nothing to say 5 portions of fruit.

Hmm ... I don't eat tons n tons of fruit but good to know

my leader said the same, more than one potion of each fruit needs to be counted.

i worked out an average apple was 2 points and a banana 3.

I'm struggling with this guys.... how can you work out a points value of a no point item?

As I said earlier, I entered 1kg of grapes into my tracker online and it came up with zero points?????

I think ww just wants to you exercise a bit of caution. Health experts recommend 5 portions of fruit and veg a day; ww recommend not to go over that or it could affect your weight loss. If you are genuinely hungry then eat fruit and don't count it, but don't just eat it for the sake of eating it, just cos you can. Also recommended to limit bananas to max one a day as they tend to clog you up! Hopefully that makes sense! Keep tracking your fruit intake and if you find it's affecting your weigh in's reduce it.

Thanks. I just can't find this written down anywhere online.

I just wonder if a lot of this is consultant recommendation (we do get this with SW!)

I'm going to keep on as I have been doing I think. The tracker lets me log it as free, so it's free to me :)

The "healthy guidelines" boxes on the tracker allow up to 8 ticks per day of fruit and veg too.

i think all fruit is free, what ww is saying, when u feel satisfying ,u need to stop.
i dont think i could eat a box of grapes.(1kg????)
and i like fruit.
the recommendation is 5 a day.

I never said I could or did eat a 1kg of grapes - I was using it as an example of a tracker entry!

I appreciate the "stop when satisfied" bit, same as for SW. I just was trying to find something difinitive and written down about this pointing after a portion thing.

For the first time in ages, I am really focussed on the diet and "into" fruit - I didn't used to like it. Needless to say I am eating lots per day now and guess what - I have not lost weight for 4 weeks now, despite having a much more active lifestyle too.

The fruit has to be contributing and it makes sense to read it should be moderated and this has been mentioned a few times throughout the forum. However, in my opinion, that means the 0 ProPoints value for fresh fruit is misleading.

As someone above has done, I think I will point it all up using a nutritional information book.

Like my leader says at group ..0 pointed food is 0 .. It's not free! Eat to much of it and you have to point it... And that counts for fruit and veg ...

It's obv if you eat to much of any 0 food you will have to point it.. If your eating tons of fruit it all got calories with add up when you eat to much ..

if you are losing weight steady with the fruit you're eating then there isn't a problem. however if you are not losing weight it makes sense to cut back.

personally i can't eat a lot of fruit as it messes with my weightloss, i limit mine to 2-3 portions a day but i eat lots of veg.

well... I eat 1 or 2 large apples, 1 glass of orange juice (1pp), 1 banana, 300g cherry tomatoes, veggies with my lunch AND with my dinner and 150g of blackberries every day with my meals and I have been constantly losing...

if you are losing then dont point it - if you stop - i would re-evaluate what your food diary looks like.
I ate loads of fruit (including banana and grapes) last week and had a nice weight loss.

Hoorah for healthy fruit and veg being 0 points xxxx

Back