Now or never - again!!

Browsie

Silver Member
So I am back. Decided it was about time I went back to class as I have put just about every Lb back on that I lost. :cry:I am totally disgusted with myself as the last time I weighed this much I had just had a baby, he is now 2!

Anyway went back to my class and the cons couldn't have been nicer, I was so nervous of being judged about going back but it was lovely to get back in the fold.

I am going to try and keep up with a brand new diary to help keep me on track. The first aim is to loose 1 st by Christmas. Totally possible its less than 1lb a week so I am hoping to smash it, but I have a hen night, a weekend away at the theatre and a weekend Christmas shopping trip booked in.

Any comments or words of encouragement are totally welcome.

I will tell you a little bit about myself - I was diagnosed with depression in Jan and have been taking meds since this time. But I found that any type of self control where food or alcohol were concerned went out of the window.This lead to the piling on of much weight! Anyway, I suspended the gym membership and proceeded to eat and eat and drink and eat.

Meds have really helped along with an online councilling course and lots of reading on CBT methods which has changed my thought processes. .

I now feel like that fase is over and that I can put my mind into getting healthy and slim!

So here goes, wish me luck!!!

Hi Kay and :welcome:back to, nice to meet you.
I'm sorry that you have had such a hard time, and pleased to see that you have come out of it with positive thoughts, so well done you!!
You're quite right your target of 14lbs by Christmas is very achievable, and with the support and motivation that you'll receive from this forum and your SW group, I'm sure you are bound to do the 1 stone and more.
Good luck with your goal.
Tina x

Hi Browsie..Kay, I just had a look at your history of posts and see that you have been struggling in like manner for such a long time... what a pity that you haven't been able to get to your goal but you are still young enough to do that and ..more importantly.. really enjoy the benefits too.
Depression is such a major factor in your struggles as it intervenes at the most unlikely times.. perhaps when you are doing quite well and then the ordinary day to day stuff gets you down, or the family have an illness that then prevents you from having what little time there is to look after yourself... I know..I've been there, done that..AND got the T shirt!!
Could I suggest that you stop making such rigid guidelines for keeping to your diet? It only piles on the pressure for you which you can well do without. Know what it is you can and can't eat..which I am quite sure you do anyway. When those "blips" occur treat them as just that..a mere blip and not a catastrophe!
Hope that will help you a wee bit and I wish you all the very best for your progress.

Hi guys Thanks for dropping by and for your kind words of encouragement. Been meaning to update for a while but stuff gets in the way.

Anyway, had weigh in today after first full week back at group and I lost 4 1/2lbs!! I can't believe it:D

It has really spurred me on. It is my OH birthday today so we went out for a meal. Didn't make the best choices, rack of BBQ ribs and coleslaw, but I had a jacket instead of chips and I didn't feel the need to stuff my face until I felt sick and I even passed on dessert!

I am feeling really positive at the moment hoping the feeling lasts. I'm going to pull my finger out and update as often as possible so please check in again and let me know how your getting on :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

So after yesterdays off plan meal out I have woke up back on plan. Don't know what it is this time just feels different. Like I'm going to go all the way this time and get to a weight I can be happy with and maintain. Ekk! The thought of maintaining gives me palpitations. But I don't have to worry about that for a while. **sweeps thought to back or mind!**

Anyway I haven't posted any food on here so far so I'll start today.

Breakfast: 60g wholemeal bread + Half a slice 800g loaf (HEXB + 2 syns) bacon, no fat. Hot water, mint tea.

Snacks: Cherry Mullerlight yogurt, mint tea.

Dinner: Left over homemade chilli on a jacket potato with a side salad and 55g cheese (HEXA + 5 syns)

Planned snack for this afternoon: Apple, banana.

Tea: Homemade spaghetti bolognese, made with toms, peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms and xtra lean mince.

I am gutted, bought some of the new cheesecake hifi light bars at class yesterday to have as my sweet treat after lunch at work and I've forgot to bring one. Oh well have to have one later tonight.

Still on a high from yesterdays weigh in. Trying to get 2 1/2 this week so I get a certificate next wk and more importanaly a shiney. But I know if I don't quite manage it this weekI will the week after for sure.

Anyway hope everyone is well. Please feel free to join me and leave any comments or just pop by to say hello!! xx

So, I tried the cheesecake hifi light last night and can't say I was very impressed. It was nice but not as good as the rocky road, they are my favourite!

Today I am having a green day.

Breakfast: 1 1/2 slices wholemeal bread (60g) + 1/2 slice (2 syns). With 2 boiled eggs and 1 tbsp tom sauce (1 syn). Hot water and mint tea.

Snack: Banana

Dinner: Jacket pot with beans and Cheese (2xHEXA) salad of lettuce, cucumber, radish and red cabbage.

Tea will be: SW chips and heinz ravioli (2 1/2 syns) We have 2 tins between 4 of us but two of them are kids aged 5 and 2 so I count a full tin syns to be on the safe side!!

I am also planning to have 2 hifi lights as my other HEXB and I have a muller light yogurt and an apple for afternoon snacking.

Thinking I plan a red day tomorrow. Hopefully be going out for a few afternoon drinks so going to make SW kebab meat, its sooo nice and ideal to take the take away cravings away after an afternoon of vodka and diet cokes. I really should make a confession now **WHISPERS** i don't count alcohol!!!!:busted:

BUT I must say that so long as I stick to the food side 100% I do still lose, I know this is not the SW way but the few times I have counted my alcohol I have been very miserable and not enjoyed my night out. It works for me, at the moment, if my losses stop or slow then I will look at this again.

PHEW! Glad that little bit is over with!! Anywho hope everyone has a good weekend. I will try and update over the weekend but any kind of technology is taken over by the little ones if they see you using it!!

Red day today.

Breakfast: bacon egg Tom and 2slices wholemeal bread from 400g loaf (HEXB)

Snack: (at cinema) 1 hifi light half my other HEXB. I'll have the other one later.

Dinner: tuna salad with lettuce cucumber red cabbage beetroot and 2 tbsp of light mayo (4 syns)

Making SW kebab meat for tea after been to pub.

I thought I'd start a little what I'm proud of today section. Total stolen from another thread. If it was yours than you. It's a fab idea. :thumbup:

So today I am proud that I didn't give in to the cinema treats and that I am being prepared by making kebab meat for after pub. I would usually kits myself I'd have a normal tea and then order a take away!

What are you proud of today? X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Emmaline!!

Had a bit of a disaster at the weekend. Went out on Sat night and drank far maore than I should have. Really do need to realise I can't drink like I'm still 18! Anywho, Sunday was a total right off, felt shocking all day and ssoooo tired. Had taost when I got up, and then some more when I got up again. (Had to go back to bed I was that bad!:eek:)

Then we had curry, it was so nice sorted my hangover out good and proper but not at all in a SW way. I have been on plan since so hoping there won't be too much damage. Totally considering a booze free weekend this week. It's just soo hard not to have a little tipple of a Friday night.

Food for today:

Breakfast: Porridge with a banana - 35g oats HEXB with 150ml semi skimmed milk HEXA.

Snack: Tangerine.

Dinner: Salad of lettuce, red cabbage, radish, beetroot, new pots, cucumber and low fat cottage cheese (4 1/2 syns) can not stand the really low fat stuff its like sour milk, YUK!!.

Tea: Gammon, egg, SW chips and tinned toms.

Fingers crossed that 'curry gate' doesnt affect me too much!!

I know thing is I'm not that young any more, can't hack the pace!! Had a two day headache!

One day I will know whan to stop! Fingers crossed.

Weigh in yesterday and I put 2lbs on!!! I know I've been no angel but 2lbs on!! I was shocked but not going to let it get me down. But it triggered a binge, I wasn't too bothered about the gain in class but afterwards couldn't stop thinking about it. Ended up going to the chippy, even as I was ordering them I was thinking shouldn't be doing this but something takes over. Anyway, not going to out myself down too much, it's the only binge I've had since going back to group and it wasn't really a binge just a bad choice of lunch!!

Anyway, back on track now. I made some soup yesterday and it is quite yummy if I do say so myself. I don't cook my OH does the majority of it and he is so good at it. He cooks everything from scratch and thinks it should be against the law to use jars for things like spag bol or shep pie! So making a soup that is edible AND tastes nice is a biggy for me!

Breakfast: Fried egg (in fry light) sandwich with 60g wholemeal bread (HEXB) and 1/2 slice wholemeal bread (2 syns) with 1 tbsp tom sauce (1 syn).

Lunch: MY yummy soup, although I have already eaten half of it!!!

Planned tea: Homemade spaghetti bolognese

I also have a muller light and a muller greek yogurt toffee a couple of apple and an orange for those munchie moments.

My other does this with me and he put 1 lb on last night. So he has given me a challenge - person who loses the least has to give the biggest loser £10. However, if the lowest loosing person has lost 3lbs or more then we don't have to pay. Think he has put this clause on as he will probably lose more than me being a bloke and all. So this will push me to try and 3lb or more so I don't have to give him a tenner - cleaver boy eh!?.

Hi all!! Happy Friday!!

My Oh just called, he took the car for a good sorting out as the handbrake is vertually non existant. Not good news, there is a load of stuff that needs doing to it that will cost about £400 :eek: Basically its not worth spending that amount of money on. So he is going to make it safe but adv it won't pass the MOT which is in Feb so we now need a new car.
Suppose the only silver lining is that as of next month we have pd our loan off. But now instead of having a lovely christmas we now have to tighten our belts to save for a sodding car. Should have known we will never have any extra money!:argh:

Anyway back to business. So had my soup for lunch and then an apple in the afternoon. Spag bol for tea followed by a Hifi light (3 syns)

So thats 5 syns in total for yesterday.

Today:

Breakfast: fried egg (in fry light) and bacon (no fat) sandwich 60 g wholemeal bread + 1/2 slice (2 syns) and 1 tbsp tom sauce (1 syn)

Lunch will be: Jacket pot with left over home made bolognese and side salad.

I think tea is lamb stew.

I have the usuall friut and muller lights for snack. Feeling good and really motivated at the moment. Lets hope it lasts with all this stooopid car business!

As alway feel free to drop in and say Hi!!

I know thing is I'm not that young any more, can't hack the pace!! Had a two day headache!

One day I will know whan to stop! Fingers crossed.

Indeed... except it took me nigh on 20years before I got to that stage.. :D

Shame about the car.. such expensive items but a real necessity these days.

Glad you managed to get back on track again Kay ..
green-yes-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

got to keep trying havent we? good luck if I can do it anyone can! xx

Sent from my GT-P3110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Right so weekend didn't go too bad. No take aways or anything too syn laden. I'm in panic mode at the moment scared I'm not going to lose for the 2nd week running and it's only my 3rd weigh in!!

Had a red day yesterday and was 100%, yay me!

Today:

Breakfast: magic pancakes porridge oates (HEXB), eggs, muller light, sweetner. With some strawberries.

Snack: Rest of strawberries and an apple.

Dinner: Cottage cheese (4 1/2 syns) Jacket pot beetroot salad.

I think we are having a prawn pasta thing that my OH makes, its yummy and has lots of superfree in it - garlic, toms, onions, mushrooms, peppers and usually something like courgettes with pasta. topped with HEXA of cheese and baked in the oven.

Opps!! meant to go advanced and posted instead, DOH! Anyway I'll post back later with snacks and to confirm tea. Have a great day everyone!!.

I LOST 2LBS!!!!! WHOHOO!!

On a more sedate note we had pizza for tea last night :character00254::booboo:. My OH and me were so tired really couldn't be bothered to cook and we took the easy option. Shouldn't have done it, but not going to let it spoil my week. I will pull it back.

Green day

Breakfast: 60g wholemeal bread (HEXB) 1/2 slice wholemeal bread (2 syns) 1 tbsp tom sauce (1 syn) 2 boiled eggs.

Going to buy a jacket pot with cheese (2 x HEXA) and beans for dinner.

Having roast pork (HEXB) with veg pots and Gravy (2 syns) for tea.

Got the usual fruit and yogurt for snacks. Want to try and lose 2 1/2 lb this week to get my half stone shiney. Its all about the shineys!! :fingerscrossed:

Although we are going out tomorrow night for food and drinks but I am going to do something that I have always struggled with in the past and try to pick the most SW friendly options and not to think I need to eat the most fattening things because I'm out. Wish me luck

Back