Now taking off the 5th stone with C25K & Slimming World

Well done on this weeks loss, that's great xxx

Thanks Jo! :)

I have had another good day today so am on track to get rid of 3 pounds by next Weigh In. I do hope this motivated streak lasts til Christmas as it will mean I can get a large chunk of my remaining target loss out of the way.

I want to be 12 something by Christmas.

Of course, I have to get out of these blooming 14 s first though! :D

Well as is becoming usual at the weekends, there was a take-away delivered to chez DSMC. I had already had my very tasty chicken pasta and so I didn't order any for myself but I did rip off a chunk of nann and dip it in the tikka sauce. So, as I had already had my syns for the day, that meant I went over but its not the end of the world. But it does mean that I may not get 3 pounds off this week (especially since I am out for dinner tonight and tomorrow lunchtime) but I reckon I can still lose enough to get into the 13s.

The 4 stone sticky may have to wait until next week, but I will get it!

I wanted to note down how I felt yesterday after some fish from the fish and chip shop for lunch.

The fish is free on SW as long as you remove the batter (I didn't order any chips). I did nibble a bit of batter and boy was it greasy! It certainly put me off so maybe my taste buds are changing.

My appetite has certainly shrunk and I find it relatively easy to make good choices from menus. I still have a habit of sneaking food in - like licking the spoon when cooking, or ripping off that chunk of nann last night. But if I end up with just those sort of things as bad habits after my time on SW, then I will be a very happy bunny indeed.

I have been shopping over the weekend and got measured for a bra. My boobs have now shrunk to a 34HH which is kinda good but they have lost some volume which is a shame. I do not want really saggy boobs - Ann Widdecombe style - and so I am reassessing my target weight. If I could lose the rest off elsewhere, then great but I have to accept that its going to come off from all over, so 1.5 stone more is enough I think.

That will still make me overweight in BMI terms, right at the top of overweight too but I already feel pretty fit and today I bought a dress from Oasis, so can get in 'normal' clothes. And it is fitness/health and the ablity to shop in normal shops which is more important to me, not the number on the scales.

So, I now just have 1 stone 8.5 pounds to lose which will be just short of 5.5 stone overall. That works out to 30% of my body weight and that is good enough for me.

I am very excited today as my home scales showed that magic number 13. 13.13 3/4 to be exact so only just in, but there!

Whether that will translate onto the official weigh-in tomorrow, I will have to wait and see.

Just had my porridge for breakfast (healthy Extras A & B) and so I just need to eat free foods and have up to 15 syns for the rest of the day.
:D

Its all looking good for weigh in tonight I think. I dont think I'll make my 4 stone sticker but I'm pretty sure I will get into the 13s. The 4 stone sticker will have to wait until next week.

I've done my Tuesday 'last chance workout' early today. I did 3k on the treadmill (27 mins), a mix of walking, jogging and running (I did 9k for a min but my heart rate went up to 176 so thought I better slow it down!). I then did 1/4 mile in the pool and spent 15 mins in the steam room.

I'm still feeling 'in the zone' so hopefully I'll get a good loss recorded tonight and then have another good week ahead.

Woohoo, I made it into the 13s tonight. I am very happy, I cannot remember the last time I was 13 something - its certainly been years and years.

Next target is to get my 4 stone sticker - just one pound to go.:)

WOOHOOOO!! well done :) You're doing amazingly babes, I'll just stand back and stare in wonder.

Thanks!

Well, after having a great food day Weds, Thurs - Sat have been less so. My partner ordered a pizza on Thurs eve and I have struggled to be good since. I did have good intentions yesterday but had a 3 course lunch at Wagamamas. Today I am trying to play catch up. I had a jacket with tuna and onion for lunch and will have a veggie paste for dinner.

I have an exam in the morning and then I am off to a spa for the night so hopefully I will be fit and light by the time I get to WI on Tuesday. :p

Can I get 1 pound off by Tuesday night and claim my 4 stone sticker? That is the question.......

Well, my stomach has been erm, delicate shall we say over the last 24 hours. That might be great for this week's weight loss but its not good.

My stomach felt 'off' after the Thursday pizza night and never really recovered. I think my body is now so used to healthy eating, the grease overload was too much for it to manage. You think it would serve as an incentive to avoid unhealthy foods but I doubt it - such is the consequence of a life of eating the wrong foods.

I will though try and remember how awful my stomach has felt next time I am tempted with off plan food. Hopefully, it will help keep me on the straight and narrow.

Well I lost 1.5 pounds so got my 4 stone sticker so am happy but I am still quite ill.

My Consultant said that I should have put on weight as normally our bodies hang on to stuff when we are ill - the opposite of what you'd expect from an upset tummy.

Its also TOTM - started yesterday (1 Nov) but seems very light this month. My body is not happy and I am going back to bed.

Sorry to hear that you're feeling rough; congrats on the 4st though! That's amazing!
Hope you feel better soon :)

Thanks Pink.

I am off work today, my first sick day from this job which I have been doing for nearly 2 years. My tummy is a bit better (the cramps are intermitent now rather than constant) but I feel pretty weak and feeble. Poor me. :p

I have eaten 2 slices of bread and 2 hard boiled eggs plus 2 mint hifi bars. Bit of an odd food day but I am just trying to eat something which is easy and not too offensive on my tummy.

Certainly no exercise today, just sitting on the sofa under my duvet watching Biggest Loser and Project Runways re-runs.

Just thinking about how much I can lose before Christmas.....I have 7 weigh-ins left and so if I manage 2 pound a week, I can potentially get my 5 stone sticker. That would be great and leave me with just under half a stone left to lose in the New Year to get to target.

I'll make that my new short-term target.

Grr, I wrote a long message but my internet died and took it with it.
Glad to hear that you're feeling better :)
The Christmas goal sounds doable :)
Hope that you continue to improve :)

Grr, I wrote a long message but my internet died and took it with it.
Glad to hear that you're feeling better :)
The Christmas goal sounds doable :)
Hope that you continue to improve :)

I hate it when that happens!

My tummy does finally seem to be better today. Was up again last night with the dodgy tum but have been fine this morning so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way. I haven't been ill for ages and I've never had a dodgy tum for so many days either and I can do without having it again.

However, I now have developed a headache which no doubt is from caffine withdrawals from not drinking the Diet Coke. I do drink far too much of the stuff (4 cans or so a day regularly) and always said I'd look at giving it up once I had the food under control.

Hopefully my food habit is kinda sorted now so it seems as good a time as any to try and ditch the Coke.

So from this week, the constant drinking of Diet Coke is on its way out. I hope it doesn't have a negative effect on my eating habits.

Well I am still poorly but I think the dodgy tum is on its way out now. Never before have I had a dodgy tum last so long. The cramps were unbearable last night so ended up calling the out of hours doc who said I could take some of the strong painkillers I'd been prescribed earlier on in the year and still had left. They well and truely knocked me out and I feel better for the rest.

I am almost back to normal eating so hopefully I can get back on with my life. I have a mock exam at uni tomorrow but dont think I will be well enough to go in so will do it at home and then go into work on Tuesday to make up for what I missed last week.

That's the plan anyway.

At last I feel almost human again. I had to take yesterday off sick from uni so missed my mock but I still felt rough as the proverbial dogs a*se (or should be badgers bum?)! :ashamed0005:

Today, after discovering the joys of Buscopan via the recomendation of the out of hours doc, I feel much much better. I ate a full day of food yesterday including some Belgium Chocolate ice cream which I thought would be a bad idea but I just really fancied something nice. Turned out OK, so far. And I didn't wake up in the night to go to the loo for the first night in 9 nights. Heaven. :)

So, its already weigh-in day. I reckon I have probably lost a couple of pounds but as I have barely moved out of bed for a week, we will see. If I do lose, I think I will have to aim for a stay-the-same next week while my body readjusts.

Even including the syns for the ice-cream last night, I had a 100% SW day so hopefully I can follow that for the rest of this week and right up til Christmas.

Porridge and a banana for brekkie this morning. I'll have to think about lunch as I may pop into the office to do some catching up.

Back