NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Tut tut tut.Instant dismissal.;)

I used to remember munching on split packs of biscuits with the deputy manager, facing off the shelves at the end of the night, many, many, moons ago, as a teenager working at the local Supermarket!

Haha, I feel your pain. I run the evening shifts at my work (Tesco Express) and at the end of the shift we always have quite a bit of bakery items left over (bread rolls, petit pains, cheese straws, croissants, cinnamon whirls, doughnuts etc) and the staff tend to help themselves to a few bits they want before it gets thrown. I have managed to resist every time so far. :O
B.imey, I could not resist the cinnamon whirls! I love them. Congrats on your willpower

I bought a top from Primark, in a size 12 and it fit!!!

Okay it was meant to be oversized, but I REALLY wanted it, and heck I've never worn a size 12 top - and won't legitimately for some time - but MAN it feels good to be strutting around in it ;)

ThatBubbs said:

Okay it was meant to be oversized, but I REALLY wanted it, and heck I've never worn a size 12 top - and won't legitimately for some time - but MAN it feels good to be strutting around in it ;)

Well done that woman! I look at size 12 and cannot imagine how I used to fit in them!

Thanks Shirleen - I'm definitely an 18-20 in tops still, maybe the occasional 16 in certain styles / fabric so it's just a fluke - but a bloody great one ;)

ThatBubbs said:

Wear it inside out so that everyone can see the size on the label lol ;)

Think I can legitimately call myself a size 14 now. My size 16 jeans are falling down on me and my 14s are starting to get a little roomy on the waist. My Mum asked me what size she should get me for my birthday make change it from 14s and ask for 12s instead x

bunnylovesalan said:
Yeah, I am not morbidily obese but obese, lol next to get to overweight :)

Well done :) I'm only a couple of points off been overweight-doesn't seem long ago I was celebrating been obese ;)

As of today I am overweight . Eighteen months ago my BMI was heading towards 60 now its under 30, I'm so happy.. now the final push to be classed as healthy!

katoof said:
As of today I am overweight . Eighteen months ago my BMI was heading towards 60 now its under 30, I'm so happy.. now the final push to be classed as healthy!

Wow well done xx

I love how everyday I find something that's changed on my body-I'm doing a fitness bootcamp and run a lot so getting a lot of tones muscles.
Yesterday I noticed a dimple at the bottom of my thumb were the tendons are-hubby thinks I'm mad to be excited over it but so nice to see things that have been hidden away for years :)

Also I saw an old work colleague yesterday-she was driving and I saw her mouth 'bloody hell,what have you been doing'
And I work nights so I don't see my boss v often-yesterday was the 1st time in months and her first words were 'you've lost weight' (not 'have you lost weight?') love it :)

Well done Emmamb :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done EmmaB! I'm aiming for a size 14 by the end of the year. I'm into size 16s but have a bit to go to make them comfy - but as I was finding size 20s tight in January, I'm happy :)

Thanks everyone :) went to a bday party yesterday and my sis in law said I was getting skinny (she's a personal trainer) and a guest whom I hadn't seen for a year or so had to ask who I was cos she didn't recognise me :)

I went out shopping today with my partner,sister,mother and nephew today. Once shopping was done it was time for lunch. While they ate kfc or pizza in the foodhall. I sat along side them and went about eating my delightful and filling fruit salad from m&s. All the more tasty as it was reduced to less than half price :D ... I did not ask for a nibble and more to the point i did not feel tempted .
This to me is a small victory and a sign of my growing will power !!

My NSV's:
Fitting into my sister's hand me downs that I had told her fit me 12 months before;
No longer fitting into sis's hand me downs because they were too big;
Buying size 14 at Next;
Buying clothes from ebay without needing to try them on;
Dropping 3 cup sizes in 6 months;
Comments and likes in Facebook when I post new pics;
Being stopped in corridor by students I don't teach (or know!) who ask me how I've done it;
Buying size 10 jeans for £6 from the bargain rack;
Wearing lycra to go running;
Running 5 miles with 3 ladies I'd only just met.

This has been an amazing eight months for me :clap:

Back