NSVs - Non Scale Victories

turned down popcorn, and a coke when we went the cinema .. and i can sit in the seats and my sides don't rub on the arms. to prove it i even had a wiggle :p

Have just done a pre-moving wardrobe clearout and gotten rid of well over half my (excessively, ludicrously extensive) wardrobe. I know have precisely one pair of jeans and one pair of shorts left to get me through the next few weeks until the move, when I can buy some new things in much smaller sizes!

This weekend I wore my skinny jeans with no muffin top and today I'm wearing a dress which I brought because I loved it, but it was too tight across the tummy and hips. This morning I tried it on and not only does it fit, but I've had to put a belt 'round it to pull it in a bit extra!

Feeling massively motivated and can't wait to see how much other stuff in my wardrobe fits again after the next 10lbs!!

I have two, well they're sorta the same thing. Yesterday I felt good about myself, so I decided to go into Primark during 'the match' and try some random stuff on, as I knew it would be quiet. I picked up some dresses and a skirt (which I never where) and toddled off. Anyway, half the dresses turned out to be jumpsuits (grr) but the other two dresses fit fab. Both were an 18 - no w i'm not an 18 on the bottom at all, but still they fit (gotta love the material) and I ended up buying one.

It's totally not my usual style (AT ALL) but I like it, and it feels fab to a) have the confidence to try on b) fit into a nice dress in a 'normal' store / range and importantly c) be looking for an excuse to wear something, rather than having an occasion but being unable to find something I want to wear :)

bunnylovesalan said:
This is not the same one that is in the film :p

It is actually... Bloke who runs the place took a failing family company and gave it a new lease of life by changing the shoes/ boots to meet the alternatives community... x

hi there everyone, I've had a lot of reading to catch up on here but I can't even begin to say how proud I am of and for each and everyone of you, even if we never meet please know that each and every one of you are a comfort and inspiration and I love you all.

I apologise in advance for people whose eyes get bored easily but my NSV is a bit hard to explain, so please bear wih me. :)

Last time I was on here was December 2010 and I'd just lost one stone and two pounds. As a reward my boyfriend took me on a trip to Florida and we came back the day before new years eve. He following night we went out to watch the fireworks and after the tradition countdown kiss he got on his knees (in the mud) and proposed. I said yes and had never felt happier. We headed back home about 4am and were walking along the pavement when an immense pain occurred in my side and the last thing I remembered was my legs going above my head.

4 months later I wake up in hospital surrounded by friends and family. I was told I was hit by a
drunk driver (who passed away before reaching the hospital), my spine had been twisted slightly
and fractured in two places, bruised hip wih a broken leg and a cracked skull. Hey said that they had done most of the ops but thought I needed another one for my spine. But I didn't care
because someone I really wanted to hold me wasn't here. My fiancé Teddy wasn't there, my
family and the doctor said that he never bothered to visit me, stupidly I thought well maybe he
didn't want to see me in such a state and will visit now I'm awake.

Two months later I stop writing letters to him and stop asking my family to check up with him.
Put all my focus on recovering and repeating how to walk. Cast was off my leg but my back was
killing me. Couldn't stay standing for more than a few seconds. Also felt disheartened to know
that my weight was now at it's heaviest.

Made get friends with the hospital staff and I'm allowed to go home after another seven months
and can walk a few paces without collapsing. Went to find out why my husband to be couldn't be
bothered to see me.

Dad took me in a wheel chair to our apartment, he didn't realise I'd be there so his face was a
picture. I asked the obvious questions of why wasn't he there, why did I get visits from a woman
who found me on the street and called the ambulance, rather than him phoning cause he was two meters away from me when it happened. God I am almost ashamed of myself for still crying when
I think of what he said then. He told me "I'm not gonna waste my life looking after a beached
whale in a wheelchair, how could you not get the idea when I didn't come to the hospital. All I
thought of when it happened was thank god she was so fat that I have to walk further into the
sidewalk cause I might have been hit too if you were the same as normal prettier women."

Stupid, I'm crying again. It just hurts so much when I think about how much he meant to me. Well here's where I did something I don't regret, he didn't know I'd been practising walking so I stood up and shuffled towards him, knees buckling slightly as I hadn't been more than a few paces further beforehand. Got right up to him and punched him in the nose. Dad brought the wheelchair to me and we left. With tears in my eyes I yelled back to him I'm alright to pawn the ring then?

A couple of months later and he wheelchair is gone, I'm back at sw and my ex passed me in the street. His nose now crooked so women can see he's ugly inside and out. My NSV is this, without sw I wouldn't have survived that accident because of the pressure on my heart. Without sw I wouldn't have had the will to try walking again, 'cause weight has always been a challenge for me and losing made everything seem possible. Without sw I wouldn't be my own person with confidence in myself and would have begged him to take me back. Without the knowledge that there were others it there who were like me, and my friends and family I would feel alone, useless and I honestly don't know what I would have done. All of you have inspired me in the last few months when my family read out your nsv's in hospital. So thank you all for being yourselves and bringing me joy in some of my darkest hours.

Last edited:
Well done, if I could give you a hug I would. Your so positive. We could all learn alot about how strong us girls really are from you.

I was nearly in tears reading your post. You are an incredibly brave young lady! Congratulations on everything you've achieved so far and I wish you the best of luck on your journey from here on in xx

Well Chazzdiver what can I say - I dont know you but I am horrified at how the man that so called loved you and wanted to marry you has treated you. I too was almost in tears. I think in a round about sort of way that accident saved your life. It let you see the true side to the man who you may have ended up spending the rest of your life with with the probability that you would have been miserable. Good luck to you with the rest of your journey. We are all here for you on this fantastic site. Big hugs and my thoughts will be with you :vibes::grouphugg:

chazzdiver said:
hi there everyone, I've had a lot of reading to catch up on here but I can't even begin to say how proud I am of and for each and everyone of you, even if we never meet please know that each and every one of you are a comfort and inspiration and I love you all.

I apologise in advance for people whose eyes get bored easily but my NSV is a bit hard to explain, so please bear wih me. :)

Last time I was on here was December 2010 and I'd just lost one stone and two pounds. As a reward my boyfriend took me on a trip to Florida and we came back the day before new years eve. He following night we went out to watch the fireworks and after the tradition countdown kiss he got on his knees (in the mud) and proposed. I said yes and had never felt happier. We headed back home about 4am and were walking along the pavement when an immense pain occurred in my side and the last thing I remembered was my legs going above my head.

4 months later I wake up in hospital surrounded by friends and family. I was told I was hit by a
drunk driver (who passed away before reaching the hospital), my spine had been twisted slightly
and fractured in two places, bruised hip wih a broken leg and a cracked skull. Hey said that they had done most of the ops but thought I needed another one for my spine. But I didn't care
because someone I really wanted to hold me wasn't here. My fiancé Teddy wasn't there, my
family and the doctor said that he never bothered to visit me, stupidly I thought well maybe he
didn't want to see me in such a state and will visit now I'm awake.

Two months later I stop writing letters to him and stop asking my family to check up with him.
Put all my focus on recovering and repeating how to walk. Cast was off my leg but my back was
killing me. Couldn't stay standing for more than a few seconds. Also felt disheartened to know
that my weight was now at it's heaviest.

Made get friends with the hospital staff and I'm allowed to go home after another seven months
and can walk a few paces without collapsing. Went to find out why my husband to be couldn't be
bothered to see me.

Dad took me in a wheel chair to our apartment, he didn't realise I'd be there so his face was a
picture. I asked the obvious questions of why wasn't he there, why did I get visits from a woman
who found me on the street and called the ambulance, rather than him phoning cause he was two meters away from me when it happened. God I am almost ashamed of myself for still crying when
I think of what he said then. He told me "I'm not gonna waste my life looking after a beached
whale in a wheelchair, how could you not get the idea when I didn't come to the hospital. All I
thought of when it happened was thank god she was so fat that I have to walk further into the
sidewalk cause I might have been hit too if you were the same as normal prettier women."

Stupid, I'm crying again. It just hurts so much when I think about how much he meant to me. Well here's where I did something I don't regret, he didn't know I'd been practising walking so I stood up and shuffled towards him, knees buckling slightly as I hadn't been more than a few paces further beforehand. Got right up to him and punched him in the nose. Dad brought the wheelchair to me and we left. With tears in my eyes I yelled back to him I'm alright to pawn the ring then?

A couple of months later and he wheelchair is gone, I'm back at sw and my ex passed me in the street. His nose now crooked so women can see he's ugly inside and out. My NSV is this, without sw I wouldn't have survived that accident because of the pressure on my heart. Without sw I wouldn't have had the will to try walking again, 'cause weight has always been a challenge for me and losing made everything seem possible. Without sw I wouldn't be my own person with confidence in myself and would have begged him to take me back. Without the knowledge that there were others it there who were like me, and my friends and family I would feel alone, useless and I honestly don't know what I would have done. All of you have inspired me in the last few months when my family read out your nsv's in hospital. So thank you all for being yourselves and bringing me joy in some of my darkest hours.

Wow!! Good luck with you're recovery (big hugs)

Amazing story lovely. Brought a tear to my eye.

Sorry about what happened to you - but every cloud! You saw that cretins true colours!

You go girl!! xxx

Another one speechless here. Well done for getting on with your life. He is in the past, so don't give him another thought and you get on with your life. Hugs to you. :bighug::bighug:

Well done for your bravery, i dont know what i would have done in that situation. You need to show him what he's missing now, give it all you've got girl!! Though i must say im glad you saw his true colours before your relationship got any further.

Good luck with your recovery, and your SW journey.

Thank you all for your kind words of support, i'm mostly healed now, just a few aches in my back every now and then, and a knee that keeps popping ot. Although thats my brothers fault from years ago where he accidently shut the car door and it hit my knee.

Anyway it's comments like that, that help my mind remember that it wasn't my fault and that I deserve better. It's hard to think otherwise sometimes because I used to think I didn't deserve anything because I was fat, so why would this be any different? But hearing about all of you growing into the real more wonderful you has helped me realise that fat or thin if I want something I have to accept myself first.

That creature (he's no man to me anymore) is out of my life and almost out of my head, and in about ten more pounds I think I'll feel confident enough to look for a real man. So BOYS you best be ready.

What an amazing woman you are! You should be so proud of coming through this. I wish you all the very best in your future :bighug:

Random question for alycyn1980, what on earth is that in the picture next to the mug???

Ermintrude, you are so close to your goal, are you excited? Lol if I ever lose 1 hundred pounds I'd be floating everywhere wih joy.

chazzdiver said:
Random question for alycyn1980, what on earth is that in the picture next to the mug???

Ermintrude, you are so close to your goal, are you excited? Lol if I ever lose 1 hundred pounds I'd be floating everywhere wih joy.
I'm a tad speechless too x Lucky escape I guess if you think positively :) You're well rid!

The piccie is most likely (on phone so can't actually see it) is 1lb of fat as I've seen it before :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lsf666 you say that's fat? But it's yellow... Oh my god I've got eighty pounds of yellow in me. Gross!

Back