NSVs - Non Scale Victories

NSV - I logged onto SW online today, and minimins, for the first time in over a month. Every thing else SW might have gone to pot, but I feel like it's a victory that i turned up to 'face the music' or rather admit my faults

We recently held a birthday party for my two oldest grandsons and their other set of grandparents, who I hadn't seen for a while, didn't recognise me at all! They thought I was an auntie or something :D

Wow, that's fantastic! You must be over the moon!

Thank you so much Miss_Taken :) Yes, I am absolutely ecstatic. I am now at my target weight, after a whole lifetime of being overweight :D
Good luck to everyone on their weight-loss journeys. Keep up the good work, because it is SO worth it! :D

We recently held a birthday party for my two oldest grandsons and their other set of grandparents, who I hadn't seen for a while, didn't recognise me at all! They thought I was an auntie or something :D

I bet you were quite smug & happy,well done you,that must been a wonderful feeling.

After a really slow start in terms of noticing differences, I am suddenly getting tons of NSVs!
At the start of the year I was a dress/top size 20 and a jeans size 24/26 (huuuge ass/hips). This week I tried on and fit size 20 jeans and bought a very snug fit14 top!! I was so enthralled to fit a size 16 dress (tightly!) at the start of summer and despite 3 weeks of slightly off plan holidays (where I managed to actually LOSE weight!) I am now finding the odd non stretchy size 16 is a bit loose! :D

Am still a while off being an official size 14 but feels fantastic to be noticing the shrinking! I have been larger than a 14 since I have been old enough to clothes shop. I weigh now what I did when I was 15 and am a good few inches taller than then. Feeling AWESOME!

I just realised I've been comfotably wearing standard hairbands on my wrist for weeks- they used to be uncomfortably tight!

I can walk and talk at the same time!!!

I know it may sound silly, but at Christmas I couldn't walk around the shops and hold a conversation at the same time as I would be breathless. This week I have been walking the dog with my son for an hour and suddenly realised I had been nattering away the whole duration with no problem at all!!

I was visiting my Grandad yesterday and he needed a lightbulb changing so I got up on a chest and changed it. He said(in his usual tactful way!) Hmm you got up there just like that, You wouldn't have been able to do that at one time....you'd have broke the chest! I told him not to be so rude lol but thought it made a good nsv anyway!
And then on way home my boys had chips in the car and I didn't have one even though I was offered :)

Work night out last nite, slightly ruff this morn. KFC on my mind along with all the usual crap u want to eat BUT I went to shop & got some cooked chicken (stayed @MIL's last nite so nothing in fridge that I could eat!!)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

My husband went out with me to walk the dog. He actually told me to slow down as I was walking so fast! He usually has to wait for me as he is over 6ft tall and takes really long strides and I struggled to keep up. Not now, the roles were reversed! I had to slow down for him!

First nsv since starting sw 4weeks ago...my work trousers do up at the top!

These are standard nhs issue clinical trousers that the sizing is wrong and fit everyone fine everywhere else but the waist band always seems to cut people in two!
They do feel easier now when I do them up!

Next stop...smaller trousers

Just surprised myself - with great trepidation I went to an hours Zumba class and managed to get through! I thought I wouldn't be able to keep up and and need to be carried out on a stretcher! Managed to keep up, match the moves and didnt need to stop either. Lets just see if I can walk tomorrow!! :D

Ooooo the husband who wouldn't know a compliment if it bit him on the nose said that I suit being tanned because it makes my face look skinnier. Nothing to do with the 9lbs I've lost then dear husband?!

Ooooo the husband who wouldn't know a compliment if it bit him on the nose said that I suit being tanned because it makes my face look skinnier. Nothing to do with the 9lbs I've lost then dear husband?!

Lol, they do try...hopelessly, but they try. My fiancé told me the other day my "face doesn't look as fat in photos" as it used to...a direct quote, which he seemed to think the height of complimentary. I should like to hope so, 4st later

Back