NSVs - Non Scale Victories

not sure if it counts as a NSV, but I've finally decided to stop wearing my "fat shirt" to weigh-ins as it's now way too baggy on me.. ( I've worn EXACTLY the same thing to weigh in since I started... except my jeans that HAD to be changed just after christmas as I'd lost about 10 inches in waist size..... and the jumper that I started wearing when it got cold.. )

Yes it definately counts, well done and keep up the good work

The lady who takes the money at slimming world tonight said I looked loads different because of my weight loss so far (she has not been at class for 3 weeks). Don't really know her very well so was really pleased!

There's some really great NSV's on here..... well done everyone.

I've had 3 so far....and all today!!! wow
my OH said this morning 'Oooh your birthday suit fits better'
At work someone said that 'it looks like you've been losing weight'
and this evening at WI, someone mentioned that 'it's starting to notice now'

Can't beleive it all in one day

I got back into my Next cords. They are a size 16!!!!

Now, don't get me wrong, the are a stretchy 16, but I'm still in them and they feel GGGRREEEATTT :D:D:D:D

All fantastic NSVs everyone, keep 'em coming!

Can't believe this thread still isn't a sticky....Starlight any chance it could be plllleeeassse?? xxx

I had to take a bracket out of my watch to make it smaller :D Which means my wrist has gotten smaller Yays

Congrats to everyone else with their NSVs aswell

blue*smartie said:
As I was scrolling down reading everyone's fabby NSV's, I realised that I could see the bones in my hand :eek: Not literally of course :p So I now have collar bones, hip bones and now hand bones :D

Still working on the knee caps though :cool:

I've yet to find my kneecaps either.. Humph.. One day I'll be able to wear a short skirt without tights :)

At WI on weds a couple of group members said they could def see a difference look at me, also my OH said some very nice stuff last night about my weight loss. He has been really supportive so I am glad he is appreciating the results!

I can now fit in my topshop size 14 jeans and topshop Kate Moss size 14 dress! And as everyone knows tophop sizes are a law onto themselves so I was well chuffed!

Also a bit TMI but today I managed an ickle poop! Haven't been able to "go" since last tues!

Hmm now I am curious about size 14 top shop dresses! I can fit into 14 jeans from there and have a 16 dress I bought in november that is now slightly loose, me and OH were planning on going shopping tonight as I need a new purse and he wants a jumper, maybe I will have to make a stop at topshop!

10st10lbs said:
My boots have always been tight around my calves - any pair I buy, the left one never zipped up fully... A few days ago, I came home and took them off like I take other shoes off, when you put toes against your other heel and pull your legs out... and it worked! And then I managed to get them back on without opening the zips!

That's one of my goals. To go into a shoe shop and not be embarrassed at trying long boots on, cos they never zip up! Well done u! X

That's one of my goals. To go into a shoe shop and not be embarrassed at trying long boots on, cos they never zip up! Well done u! X

I can't wait to be able to buy a pair of long black leather boots. I have NEVER, EVER, EVER owned a pair. I am going to save my pennies and by a spensive pair this winter as I'll be able to take my pick!!!!

Oh the joy! I've had times with the shop assistant standing over me, she's thinking come on love there's no chance! So just think how ecstatic we'll both be! No Evans, no elasticated backs ;-)

I second the collar bones!

I will never be able to wear short skirts without tights though, even as a teenager my knees minged!

TrimTrixy said:
Oh the joy! I've had times with the shop assistant standing over me, she's thinking come on love there's no chance! So just think how ecstatic we'll both be! No Evans, no elasticated backs ;-)

This is my second major weight loss thing, the first was from size 22 to 16. At the 22 end the assistant in. Evans was tugging on the zip and they still wouldn't do up. So humiliating. Then I discovered duo :)

I've inspired two other people at work to join slimming world and they're asking me for advise because in their words "it's obviously worked for you". Also when I say I've got another half to a stone to lose people have started asking "where from?" or making comments of having nothing left. They don't seem to realise that even if I lose 2 stone I'm still within my healthy BMI - but it feels good when they say it.

I'll come up to Manchester and we can go shopping together to get them. Can you imagine the shop assistants face when we put a pair on and then start cheering, jumping up and down and then doing the highland fling in the middle of the shop. :rotflmao:

My mum's friend who i haven't seen in 2 weeks said 'Wow Sum you are looking so Slim':bunnydance::bunnydance: I did say its only been 2 weeks since she last saw me but she said 'in that time it looks like i've lost weight and you can really see it' :D So i'm over the moon at the moment

Back