NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I have ordered by Bridal gown and the shop say i should order it in a size 12!!!

:O

I can not believe it.

That's absolutely fantastic & that's a definite incentive to keep losing that 1lb a week. You go girl! :D

Well done to all the other NSV fantastic X

I dug out a couple of old suitcases that had my old clothes in them ( saved as I got bigger by my wonderfull mum ), and now most of them fit me and a lot of them are a 4XL.. ( as is the case with most clothes, some brands idea of what a 4XL is differs from the others so some are still tight fit )..
so I've trippled my wardrobe choices :) .. and by extension, the amount of washing I'll have to do... :(
I suppose that this will dwindle back down to double when I get round to permanently retiring some of the 7XL stuff I used to be in ( but I do like a baggy jumper or t-shirt so some of my fav's will remain in service until they die probably.., there's also the grotty stuff that will be forevermore resigned to painting / decorating / gardening over clothes.. )

I actually managed to fit all my clothes in my wardrobe today! :D I'm counting this as a NSV for the following reasons:

a) I'm a bit of a lazy trout who hates putting clothes away, so for me to put my clothes away at all is a big achievement! :8855:

b) The only reason I was able to put all my clothes in the wardrobe is because I have had to throw away half my blouses and tops tonight as they were all pre-SW and about 3 sizes too big! :D:D

Wooo! Here's to being able to see my bedroom floor for the first time since Christmas, lol! :D xx

out saturday night and for the 1st time that night had to wear a belt with my tousers!!! Not only that, but, spoke to a friend i hadn't seen for a while, and they looked at me blank, then turned round and said, lynn, i'm so sorry, i didn't realise it was you, as you've lost so much weight, you look great. Topped off a great night:D

We went to a wedding fayre yesterday and I resisted having a taster of a yummy looking cupcake!! xx

mmm cupcakes! x

I know!!! And they were the cutest little things with sparkly edible glitter!! Thanks for the rep - need to spread the love around a bit more before I can rep you back! Mwah xxx

oooh! LOTS of awesome NSVs :D

I had a couple yesterday, I was going out with some friends and I decided I was sick of constantly hauling up my jeans every two seconds so when I was working out what to wear I tried on the old ones I had at a size down and they fit without *aherm* cutting me in half or camel toeing me :D. I also wore a blouse that I bought months ago but haven't ever been able to wear because it gaped and just looked awful - it's really lovely soft fabric and a pretty cut, too, so that was lovely.

I ALSO resisted the pudding :D and instead of getting chips when I got the gluten free option (the meal came with flatbread and I'm feeling better since I cut out bread with SW by accident...) I got boiled rice without even thinking twice about it. Dinner was yummy and I was comfortable and awake and not all food coma'd afterwards. I know at least one of the girls I was with thought I was being all "saintly" and "depriving myself", but actually I don't feel like I was, it wasn't at all a hardship to say no and I really enjoyed what I had. I feel like yesterday I had a really healthy relationship with food :)

Ellebear said:
I have ordered by Bridal gown and the shop say i should order it in a size 12!!!

:O

I can not believe it.

Oh WOW. You must be over the moon. Well done and how exciting !

Gail x

^^^^ thanks so much - I am over the moon! I think its a US sizing (as its a US designer - Maggie Sottero), but i still dont care as that is still approx 14/16 UK.....i started as a 22/24 back in 2009!

I love SW! xx

I'm delighted to report that my bargainous pair of Size 16 dorothy perkin jeans arrived this morning. I was really scared to try them on in case they didn't fit. Well I put them on & they fit perfectly, they are slightly stretch but I do not care the label says 16.

I've been walking around grinning like a cheshire cat & it's made me more determined to stick to plan. I'm so so happy as I can't remember the last time I was a 16 possibly my early 20's...

Back