NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Thanks for the lovely comments, much appreciated.

It does feel lovely when people start to notice doesnt it - i've found that it just seems to happen all of a sudden, you can be losing weight for months with no-one noticing, then you get half a dozen comments in a week!

It does feel lovely when people start to notice doesnt it - i've found that it just seems to happen all of a sudden, you can be losing weight for months with no-one noticing, then you get half a dozen comments in a week!

It's the most amazing feeling I have felt in a long time :) Well done hun, and that dress really is gorgeous! Make sure you take lots of pics wearing it!

Managed to get into a pair of size 10 (just had to pull them down to check the label one more time!) trousers last night, so they are my new WI trousers! Bye bye size 14s, good riddance to you! xxx

Ooh yes well done on the size 10's - I dream of fitting a size 10 but might be a stretch too far for me.

I did however buy a pair of size 12 jeans from M&S as well this weekend (cant believe I forgot that little NSV!) - they were stretch type ones mind, but still, a size 12 is a size 12!

I also physically fitted into a size 12 dress in Coast (totally different to the one I bought) - was way too tight to buy and I didnt like it as much as the one I bought anyway- but i got into it!

This is way satisfying after my STS at weigh in this week

WOW - SIZE 10!!!! JEALOUS.COM!!! :D XXX

Lol :eek: You will be really surprised if I ever drop down to an 8! xxx

Ooh yes well done on the size 10's - I dream of fitting a size 10 but might be a stretch too far for me.

I did however buy a pair of size 12 jeans from M&S as well this weekend (cant believe I forgot that little NSV!) - they were stretch type ones mind, but still, a size 12 is a size 12!

I also physically fitted into a size 12 dress in Coast (totally different to the one I bought) - was way too tight to buy and I didnt like it as much as the one I bought anyway- but i got into it!

This is way satisfying after my STS at weigh in this week

You can do it hun! You managed a 12 so why not a 10? :D Hehe, I have relied on stretchy type jeans for the past few years too... I wonder when I'll feel good enough to buy a new pair! Still in my Primark 12s at the moment :p Hehe you sound like me with fitting into something just for the sake of seeing if it fits - I have to admit, I tried my sister's size 8 top on the other day while she was at work :eek: xxx

I really feel like I'm ambushing this thread now, but I want to blow my own trumpet a teeny little bit - promise it won't be too loud :)

Starting measurements as at 06/05/2010:
10st10lbs
Bust - 36"
Under bust/Waist - 32"
Arms - 12"
Hips - 42"
Thighs - 24"

Current measurements as at 12/08/2010:
9st8.5lbs
Bust - 33"
Under bust/Waist - 29"
Arms - 10.5"
Hips - 37"
Thighs - 23"

A total loss of... 1st1.5lbs and 13.5" !!! :D

xxx

Last edited:
Blow away! You deserve it and its great motivation! xxxx

Yay, had my first NSV...my friend came over tonight and told me her mum said I looked like I'd lost weight when I saw her last week. Her mum didn't know I was doing slimming world either. I only see her now and again so it was nice she thought that :)

Lots of lovely NSVs going on folks :clap:

I am copying a post over from my diary after the lovely Prawnchopsuey pointed out it was a NSV :D....

evening all -just me popping in for a ramble -again :D
I had to because Im :happy036::bliss:let me explain :p
Well as hubby was back from golf a bit earlier than planned it meant we had our roast beef dinner at 3:30pm :eek:... baring in mind I had my jacket spuddlie, cottage cheese and salad at 12 :confused: -anyway I was just going in the bath when hubby asked if I fancied a takeaway this evening :rolleyes:..so off I went in the bath *with the menu*:hmm:
I actually decided I didn't really want anything :faint2: -
*now here lies the problem* -hubby is a b*gger for not wanting to have stuff in front of me if Im not having it too -which is really supportive -however it sometimes makes me feel that I should have something so he doesn't have to go without :sigh: -so I was expecting hubby to say that it wasn't worth ordering for 1(would have to pay delivery)... sooooooo *still with me???* I decided to suggest we walk for it... and I would decide last minute (as per usual) if I fancied anything..
Anyway -got out of the bath and asked hubby if he would still have something if I didn't? and HE suggested he walk and fetch it :banana dancer:
so that what we did -we walked and fetched it and I decided I really didn't want anything :angel09:
Im not sure who I have shocked most -hubby or me :party0048:
so hubby has sat and had his takeaway whilst I did this -and then I had my iced coffee and fibre plus bar
as I had planned for this morning :party0049:
I could have just said that I had declined a takeaway couldn't I -Im never one to use 1 word when 20 will do :rotflmao:

I like to explain everything ;) Well done!! I got to the stage a while ago where I just didn't want any takeaway food any more. It's a big deal isn't it?! I often meet my Mum at the local chippy so she can get one or I'll walk up with her with one of the dogs and still say no. Feels great :D

Last night my Mum and Sister got a big takeaway each and I made myself veggie chilli, rice, and sweet potato. Really enjoyed it!

i had a NSV today - when my fiancee took a progress photo for me today, i said he had took it at an odd angle, cos i looked loads slimmer than i am....he then told me i AM slimmer, and thats why the pic shows it!

I love him!!! :D

My NSV has to be a week and a half ago when I saw a work colleague who I hadn't seen in 3 months (since I started SW as well!) and she didn't recogonise me as I had lost weight and was weighing clothes I wouldn't have worn before (leggings and a vest top) and I had my hair down and styled! Love it! I hope I can report more soon!

Last edited:
What a motivating thread, some very inspirational NSV's! Mine are:

1. I seem to have misplaced my double chin...I kind of have a neck now.

2. I can actually feel my collar bones, sans fat padding!

3. Every single pair of trousers/skirts I own requires holding up as my stomach appears to have deflated somewhat.

Not bad for 1st 5.5lbs!

Grats Christiana!!! Awesome NSVs.

I have a new one. My son looked at me yesterday morning and said "You look loads younger Mum, you could pass for late 20s now!"

He meant it as well! I dont quite think so, but its lovely that he thought so! Im nearly 37!

I had to put safety pins in my trouser waistband this morning as they wouldnt stay up :woohoo:
I couldnt believe that those 12lbs have made that much difference :eek:

Back