NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Yesterday I went out with my boyfriend and a couple of friends. We stopped off at a pub and everyone had cake....not just any cake but chocolate fudge cake and cheesecake......and I didn't have any. Not even a little bit :) quite proud of myself

On holiday I always used to suffer with sore thighs when they rubbed together, constantly putting a thick layer of cream on to stop the chafe! Although my legs are a lot slimmer, they are a bit wobbly and I was convinced on holiday that it would still be a problem - at home I live in jeans/leggings so I didn't know. Back from holiday and suffered no pain :)

Also, the other night I bumped into a friend of my OH who I haven't seen in a long while. Straight away she asked me if I'd lost weight, and couldn't believe how different I looked!

Last edited:
Got told by the copper who gave me a lift home from WI (long story - but i'm OK and not in any trouble) - after saying that i had been to a slimming world meeting - "you don't look like you need to be at that kind of meeting" - that's cos i go to that kind of meeting... :)

Got told by the copper who gave me a lift home from WI (long story - but i'm OK and not in any trouble) - after saying that i had been to a slimming world meeting - "you don't look like you need to be at that kind of meeting" - that's cos i go to that kind of meeting... :)

What a lovely feeling!! I can't wait for someone to say something like that to me!!XXX

Todays NSV. Tonight I had a choice. Galaxy Counters or cereal bar and a yogurt. I chose the cereal bar and the yogurt. Someone please call me a doctor, I am clearly unwell.

even tho i gained 2lbs this week, i RAN on the treadmill at the gym for 15mins straight and wasnt tired:cool:, very proud coz wen i started at the gym i cud only manage 3mins n was pooped after! woo! woo!!!

I realised I can cross my legs at the knees to sit like a proper lady. Without having to hold them in place! And it's sooooo comfortable! :D

I realised I can cross my legs at the knees to sit like a proper lady. Without having to hold them in place! And it's sooooo comfortable! :D

This is also one of my faves!! I used to strain to hold one over the other and it kept falling off!! It was so uncomfortable!! I love all the new positions I can sit in, and curl up in a small space and read a book!x

*giggles* love this forum

Todays non scale victory...I just took my 3 kiddies to mcdonalds and bought them all a happy meal as a treat..and...DIDN'T BUY MYSELF ANYTHING :p And am now sitting here with a bowl of fresh salmon,cucumber and spring onions managing not to steal any of their chips ;)

Loving all the NSVs as usual! :) I ordered some new jeans and black trousers for work in the normal range from New Look rather than their Inspire range, thinking they wouldn't fit just yet in an 18 due to the cut being different, BUT....they fit perfectly!!!!! :D:D:D

Back