NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I have inspired someone else to join sw! And its not a close friend/family member either who knew i was doing it! She said I was looking fantastic and asked what I have been doing

I dropped the car at the garage this morning to have some work done and normally I get a taxi home, it's not very far so it's rather embarrassing that I couldn't walk it but today I decided I'd try and I've done it! :D

my NSV is that today i am back in the game.

been off plan for 2 days - back on it now - with venom.

x

Now that IS a true NSV!! It just shows how we can have these little moments that test us, and all we have to do is persevere, get through it and often it gives us the power to continue with even more gusto and determination, which makes me wonder if these moments happen for a reason in the first place!!!Well done my flower, I'm very proud of you!XXXXXX

My nsv today is that I beat (so far) emotional hunger. Despite feeleing crap after a row with hubby and wanting to open a bottle of red so much and get a takeaway or something I didn't!
Was a big test for me and with the help of this forum and being able to scream out on here and get some support and a tin of asda chickpea dahl I beat it! and even went and got the kids chips for tea and dished them up and didn't have a single one!

Wow I think I need a relaxing bath and an early night now!

my new NSV is my toddler weighs 27lb and I have lost 29lb which means I have lost my toddler in weight!!! madness!!!

Just had a compliment from a chap i dont really know in the warehouse, he just said 'you've lost a lot of weight haven't you?' i was like....'you think?' and he was like 'yup!!' and i was all :D

xxxx

Came across a ring I got for my 18th birthday, which had to be re-sized to be made bigger by the jewellers when it was bought. Tried it on the same hand and finger I used to wear it on - it slipped right off! It's even too big to wear on my thumb, and I remember it used to fit quite nicely there too!

I must be slimmer than I was when I was 18, when I thought I was a similar weight - regarding my fingers at least! :p

Just had a compliment from a chap i dont really know in the warehouse, he just said 'you've lost a lot of weight haven't you?' i was like....'you think?' and he was like 'yup!!' and i was all :D

xxxx

Ooolalaaahh, Ellebear's got an admirer, Ellebear's got an admirer..........:Na_Na_Na_Na:

a major NSV for me!

I feel like crying!

At my parents' house today and helping to clear out wardrobes. I came across my dress I wore for my leaver's do at secondary school, and I was curious to see how it would look like now on me.

When I wore it for the party it fitted well all over, as a friend of my grandmother made it for me so the measurements were perfect. I would say at the time I was around a (large) size 14. The last time I tried the dress on was a few years ago, and I remember struggling to do up the zip, my boobs and tummy were strained and bulging as the dress is fitted with boning. It looked awful.

Just tried it on - and it's huge. If I were to wear it again it would need taking in all over, there's too much loose material! I honestly thought I was about the same weight as I was when I was about 18, so the fact that I'm slimmer than I was at 16 (and I'm 25 in 2 weeks) is unbelievable. I'm quite overwhelmed but extremely proud of how well I've done on SW.

I remember before when I lost a fair bit with SW, the children I used to nanny for were shall we say kids can be too honest sometimes, but they used to love my tumy and always used to say it was warm and squiddgy.

Then i went round one after losing weight ( I think i had lost 2 stone at the time) and one of the little boys was snuggled on the sofa with me, and he got up and went to his bedroom and he was crying. So when i asked him what was the matter he said " I dont like your new tummy!, its flatter and not squidgy and i wanted you to have a baby in there" Which i suppose is a round about compliment!

Much to my disgust but his happiness once again my belly is soft and squidgy ( must be the 3 stone i've gained!)

Last sunday I saw some people that I haven't seen in about a year and a half and they were all praising me and telling me how good I looked, I felt great :D

My mini NSV...

I have only been back on Slimming World for 2 weeks and I noticed within a few days I was feeling less bloated....

But last nite I was watching TV, the kids were settled and was enjoying the peace, when I realised I was still dressed.

I'm no naturist btw, but until a fortnight ago I lived in my pyjama's, I would get dressed as late as poss for work, school run etc and would be back in my comfie jamas as soon I knew there was no where else I needed to go

So not dropped a dress size, lol... yet, but feeling ok in the clothes I own will do for me for now.

xox

had 2 NSV today :) first one was my ex mother in law commenting on how slim i looked i was very happy with her comment as she doesnt dish out compliments all that often lol, second one was when in monsoon today.... before i lost my 9lb (so far) id went into monsoon and tried on a pair of linen trousers in a size 18 and i couldnt get them to zip up :( so although ive banned myself from buying any new clothes until ive got to target i decided to try the trousers on again today and they zipped up and fitted me :) ahhhhh great feeling but ill wait till im at target and buy them in a much smaller size lol

Back