NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I'm so excited - I went to buy some badly needed new bras yesterday, as all of mine are way too big in the back (I'm sure that the back strap is meant to be below the shoulder blade, not above them!) and was gobsmacked to find my local Evans has stopped stocking bras - although the cr*p choice and limited stock in both local Evans is a rant for a different place, but honestly Evans, what are you thinking?

In desperation I popped into M&S and wandered around the bra section, feeling very sad and sorry for myself when I realised there were no bras in 'my' size. An assistant came to help and I explained there was nothing to fit me. 'Nonsense!' was the reply and before I knew it I was in a changing room being measured and different bras appearing from over the cutain rail.

Well ladies, I have to tell you I am the proud owner of two (yes, two!) brand new bras, that fit properly! No back strap working it's way up to my neck line, no wires digging into the middle of my chest and no deep, red marks on my shoulders where the bra straps are trying to saw their way through. I don't know what's best - having properly fitting bras, the fact that I've bought (and can fit into) something from a 'normal' shop or the fact that I have gone from a 50 G to a 44 F.

Actually, I didn't realise what such an important event this has been to me until I realised I'm crying with happiness as I write this. Thank you, SW - you're helping me to get my life back!

Blissfulbabe - that's wonderful - well done you!

Some lovely NSVs again ladies

Eddiesmum -I hope you "liberated" that coat from your mum as it looks stunning on you :clap:

Blissfullbabe... Im with you on the bra situaion... I got myself 4 new bras about 6 weeks ago (46E)...the first comfy bras I have ever had and they are pretty, well I noticed this last week that they weren't as comfy (like you I can feel the back sliding up-the wires are poking) and I have just done my measurements and in the last 4 weeks I have lost another 23cms from various bits of my anatomy ... and when I have re-done my bra sizing -It seems Im now needing a 44F -so even though Im losing weight -in proportion my "assets" are getting bigger .....
off to look for another couple of bras to tide me over :p
keep em coming folks -it a great thread...
ooohh and Not a NSV but whilst Im here I lost 3lb this morning -so got my 5.5st shiney :D

well done ladies - fantastic stories ..........my NSV today is I am wearing a blouse I bought for my sisters retirement (from the police force - not age retirement) party - which was 6 years ago ! THAT was the last time I was about 11.5 stones - having said that, the blouse isn't as tight as it was 6 years ago so I must be slimmer now. Whooo hooo.

Blissfulbabe - what a fantastic story. I had tears in my eyes too as I got to the end. Congratulations - you must feel absolutely great !

Capricorn - I echo 10st10lbs comment. Well done ! Still losing 3lbs after 5.5 stone - brilliant. And glad you have new bra's. I'm sure they'll really help you look and feel more confident.

Time2bslim - well done. It's so lovely to get into clothes that you haven't been able to wear for ages. Even if you then decide you don't like it, it's the principle ! Congratulations.

Thanks to you all for making me slim and helping keep me motivated with your stories.

Gail x

my NSV (already posted in another thried then had this one pointed out to me.. DOH)

At the weekend plodding along in my comfy but rather baggy size 24 trousers i went shopping... and ended up with size 20s!!!! i was in shock .. and they are lose.. not drum tight :) i knew the old ones were getting baggy but did not think THAT baggy :)
Keep the NSV commin.. have loved reading this thread :)

Met up with a friend today, we went out for like a month a couple of years ago? We have been brilliant friends, always, and are on the same uni course but hardly ever see each other. I changed my outfit four times this morning to go for maximum WOW effect, as I was going to fish for compliments - LOL, no shame!... :eek: OK, maybe a bit! - but then went for the least flattering option because it was warmer and comfier and just felt like the safest choice. So about twenty minutes into the conversation, he says 'Don't take this the wrong way yeah, but have you been working out?' and I go 'Ummm.. no... I just walk, a lot. But I've lost 1.5st :)' and his eyes popped out of his head! And then he said he would ring my ex and tell him he was out of his mind for leaving me - woohoo! Not that he will, lol, but it's a nice thought :)

xxx

Well done 10st10lbs. That's a brilliant story !!! You must be beaming over it :)

I ran for 5K tonight! And i sprinted the last 100m and couldve gone on!

I cant believe it, when i started running in June i could barely run for a minute!

Thanks to everyone who has talked about c25k on here, it was you lot saying it could be done that made me try it

Well done Ninnins. That must give you SUCH a buzz. And I'm sure that you really deserve it. Next step a 10k ?? I'm sure you can. Once you can run 5k, you can just keep going (as long as you don't run too fast).

Fantastic !

I ran for 5K tonight! And i sprinted the last 100m and couldve gone on!

I cant believe it, when i started running in June i could barely run for a minute!

Thanks to everyone who has talked about c25k on here, it was you lot saying it could be done that made me try it

Wow, wow wow! That is absolutely amazing!

I managed 1500m (in 12 mins) this week and like you could barely manage a minute of running a few months ago. You, as ever, have given me inspiration. Myself and a friend will be doing a 5k next year, not sure when yet, but I am on my way.

xx

Wtg everyone :D.
Well mine was yesterday, i went to tesco to get a cheap top that was a bit longer to cover my bum to wear with my leggings at wi. Well i bought a size SIX, i have NEVER EVER owned anything in that size ever, even when i used to be slim. I'm sure it must be a generous size but omg!

Well done Shelly!!!!!!

My NSV this week was from a guy at our group - my C announced my weight loss (3lb) this week and he laughed, and she looked at him and he said "Well she doesnt look like she has another 3lb to lose, does she?"

:D :D :D

Wooo off to go swimming and a medium size pair of trunks fit! Not oozing over them, too badly. Woooooooooooooooo The Large ones were hanging off nearly :):):):):):):)

Skin looking better in the mirror, resistance to temptation (junk food) increased greatly and seem to have more energy.

Hope it lasts

one of the pharmacists at work stopped me today and whispered ' have you lost weight ?'
I took great delight in saying 'yes, nearly a stone and a half'
the strange thing is I have meetings with him every week and see him most days, so why he suddenly noticed today is a (very nice) mystery :)

ooh and i can fasten my jeans straight out of the dryer now, more jumping round the room trying to pull the zip up :D

congratulations on all the NSV's :p

Back