NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Wow, wow wow! That is absolutely amazing!

I managed 1500m (in 12 mins) this week and like you could barely manage a minute of running a few months ago. You, as ever, have given me inspiration. Myself and a friend will be doing a 5k next year, not sure when yet, but I am on my way.

xx

You will get there. Just stick with it.

Also the girl in the reflection of the gym window had collar bones poking through! Almost forgot that one

Well done Ninnins. That must give you SUCH a buzz. And I'm sure that you really deserve it. Next step a 10k ?? I'm sure you can. Once you can run 5k, you can just keep going (as long as you don't run too fast).

Fantastic !

Thanks! I purposely put the speed lower than usual last night to see if i could get a bit further as I was struggling to get past the 3k mark. It really helped. Maybe there will b a 10k announcement in the future ;)

I have not posted in my fave thread for ages, but I have a few NSV's to share....mainly holiday related i am afraid.

NSV 1 - I went to the gym twice on my holiday. I could have gone more, but equally i could have never gone. Humidity is 98% in Cuba at the moment, so you can imagine how uncomforable it was walking back from a workout to my bungalow.

NSV2 - made holiday chums and explained i was losing weight etc, and they said they couldnt imagine me 'big' so i had to root out my 'big' photos and they were like *shocked faces*

NSV3 - I wasnt uncomfy in the plane seat....(well not like last time on long haul)

:D x

This is a lovely thread.
I bought a pair of trousers for work a few weeks ago and they didnt fit [farrrr from] but I lost the reciept and couldnt take them back. Tried them on yesterday and they fit perfect.
I was on a high all day in work today wearing them =D

At work last week, my colleagues commented on how big my trousers were looking on me. I told them that they fitted fine as they were a size 12.
One of them said that no way was I a 12, more like a 10, as she wore size 12.
I have to say that she does look bigger than me, so I went shopping that night and bought a couple of size 10 trousers.
I haven't been that size since I was about 19.

Michelle

Thanks! I purposely put the speed lower than usual last night to see if i could get a bit further as I was struggling to get past the 3k mark. It really helped. Maybe there will b a 10k announcement in the future ;)

What speed do you do?

I had a really nice NSV today, a lady who used to take her children to the same pre school as my daughter told me how great i looked and that she didn't even recognize me and asked how i done it. I felt so proud iv never spoken to her before so for her to come over and say that was really nice! Made my day couldn't stop smiling :)

A student I haven't seen since she went on year 11 study leave (which was in may) saw me today and told me that she had to do a double take, she thought I was another one of the students til she realised who I was. She told me I looked great! :D

:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D

Weeeeeheeeee! I had my first "Ooo youve lost weight" comment today!

So pleased! More motivation to keep me on track, its been a hard few weeks but this has made me really happy! :D

My boss found a box of Celebrations in her office yesterday, and came into our office to get rid of them. 'Take a selection' she said. 'How many is a selection?' 'Oooh, about five I think'.

Before even thinking about it I'd said 'That's one a day then!' and I resisted the temptation to eat the lot - still got 4 left!!

Think everyone thought I was joking when I said one a day though..!

Did 7.9 last night for most of it. Had been doing 8.5, occass going up to 9.0 with a blast of 10.5 every now and again.

ps ive also 3.5 to get into the next st down! :p

That is fab - 10.5!

I'm now on 7.4 - was doing 9 but thought I'd slow down and try and build the stamina.

As for the 3.5, I'll race you!

In work today i saw a guy i last saw a yr and a half ago, he said to me has the other girl left that did it last time, me-it was me who saw you last time, him-no no this was a stout girl before, me-yes me! him-no really it definitely wasnt you. I then gave up lol

Went from xl trackie bottoms to m!!!

Still not confident to wear them but they fit fime.

Back