NSVs - Non Scale Victories

My nsv... I keep thinking I have tumours everywhere because I keep feeling new hard lumps all over my body which are in fact bones that I never knew existed haha

Know the feeling - Just the other day I was lying in bed and could feel this bone sticking out - thought I had dislocated something then realised it was just my hip bone that is no longer masked by the fat!

i went to netball practice again this week, played Center so lots of running about and i actually managed to set up a few goals :p yes, i was absolutely nackered, puffing, panting and very red, but i played the full hour and then managed to walk home! :) xx

I'm currently 2st 12lbs lighter, and I have to tuck my jumper into my bottoms then put a belt on...they'd fall down otherwise! Time for a smaller size I think! :D

...And today I walked up (and down) stairs 6 times in succession (whilst carrying very heavy storage heaters no less) before I got winded! Not bad for someone who USED TO be a hyperventilating mess after a few steps!

Today, I put one of my corset style belts on with a long t-shirt. And the last time I wore it i had to fasten it on the slackest fastening, and today....its on the TIGHTEST! :D

for the 1st time this morning i realised i can actually see that i've lost weight !!:)

usually i look away as i walk by the mirror in my bedroom but today i actually looked and realised that there is now a visible difference and for the 1st time in a long time i don't feel bad about how i look :D

My NSV today has made me very happy. I went to see the surgery nurse who I haven't seen for about a year and she didn't recognise me apparently! She just kept looking at me and saying how wonderful I looked and how healthy. For someone still over 20 stone it's hardly true but it still made me :D.

I also went shopping and bought a size 22 top. I know it's only this particular top but I DON'T CARE!!

I slipped into Topshop today to see what I was like in their sizes... Proud to report W30 jeans are a lovely fit, size 8 Hareem pants are just a tad tight, and size 8 tops are perfect! I went round and picked up a few random things, including a size 8 top off the sale rail that was BEAUTIFUL but I wouldn't really wear, my heart broke when I saw it was reduced from £35 to £15! Still, I let it go :( And trudged off to buy... strawberries! :D x

My NSV today has made me very happy. I went to see the surgery nurse who I haven't seen for about a year and she didn't recognise me apparently! She just kept looking at me and saying how wonderful I looked and how healthy. For someone still over 20 stone it's hardly true but it still made me :D.

I also went shopping and bought a size 22 top. I know it's only this particular top but I DON'T CARE!!

FANTASTIC XX :D

I had to bring back a lovely skirt that my sis sent to me, for a smaller size!! :D :D

I think I'm in love with being a size 8!

Since the weekend I've had two people, including my SW consultant, comment that I surely must be very close to target now.

I take this to be a compliment, although I do want to lose at least another stone or so yet!!

Yesterday someone at a toddler group i havent seen in probably 3 months commented on how he almost didnt reconise me with with my hair cut, and the fact i had clearly lost alot of weight :D.
Then today i went into Asda where i worked before and someone i used to work with was like wow look at you, you obviously lost alot of weight, well done :D.

My first NSV was last week when a midwife I worked with in april told me I'd lost weight, first person who's commented who didn't know I was doing SW - was well chuffed coz she's an honest person and wouldn't say it if she didn't think I had, well chuffed and I'd only lost 10.5lbs at that point!

Resisting full fat coke, hot dogs, nachos and pick and mix at the cinema

Back