NSVs - Non Scale Victories

30 lengths in 30 minutes swimming. Might not seem alot to some but i'm well chuffed :D
Don't think I could have kept that pace for much longer though!

Hubby got cheesecake as a dessert at lunch and I didnt try any of it or have anything else bad.
It was malteaser cheesecake.
Why is life so cruel?

WOAH taste the resolve! Well Done Lilaloves!

NSV for me, I actually wore my new miniskirt (with leggings) and felt quite nice actually! lol. :)

I am 26 pounds down and still nobody has said anything :confused: My mum says she can see a big difference, but she knows I am trying to lose weight so that doesn't count :sigh:

Today a guy in Sainsburys slammed right into me. I claim that as a NSV. I must be so skinny he couldn't see me :rolleyes: LOL

I went Christmas shopping yesterday and tried on a dress and a pair of trousers in Wallis in size 10. They both fitted and I bought the dress. I know I should have been spending my money on Christmas presents really but the dress was in the sale :p

Lots of people at work have commented now that I've lost weight, makes it so much easier to avoid the biscuits & cakes when you get reminded of what you've achieved :).

I haven't mentioned to anyone that I am following SW or even trying to lose weight (except by husband), and someone at work said to me this week that I must have lost loads of weight as I am looking so slim (I hasten to add that the word slim is all relative, as I still need to lose loads, but I was still pleased that I had lost enough for someone to make a comment).

I had to tighten the strap on my watch. Does that count? Also have to keep pulling my jeans up even thoygh I wear a belt:D

i wore my dress to the charity ball and didnt feel half as self conscious as I ordinarily would have if i hadnt lost weight with SW over the past year!

x

Today a guy in Sainsburys slammed right into me. I claim that as a NSV. I must be so skinny he couldn't see me :rolleyes: LOL
lol - made me chuckle silly sausage

My latest one was i got told i looked like a size 14! still a 16/18 so this went down well :D

Silly Sausage - it really won't be long before people start to notice. Actually, some probably already have but don't want to say anything either because they don't know you well enough or they're not sure. You may also find over time that people may say to you 'you look really well' because they know something is different but can't put their finger on it (often men who just don't really notice as much !).

Also, are you wearing clothes that fit properly ? That's the other thing that masks weight loss. Even if you've lost a lot of weight and your clothes are loose, if you're wearing stuff that's way too big, it is much less noticeable. So if you can, ditch your big clothes and start wearing stuff a bit more fitted. I guarantee people will start to notice soon though. They won't be able to miss it.

Good luck !

Silly Sausage - it really won't be long before people start to notice. Actually, some probably already have but don't want to say anything either because they don't know you well enough or they're not sure. You may also find over time that people may say to you 'you look really well' because they know something is different but can't put their finger on it (often men who just don't really notice as much !).

Also, are you wearing clothes that fit properly ? That's the other thing that masks weight loss. Even if you've lost a lot of weight and your clothes are loose, if you're wearing stuff that's way too big, it is much less noticeable. So if you can, ditch your big clothes and start wearing stuff a bit more fitted. I guarantee people will start to notice soon though. They won't be able to miss it.

Good luck !

I agree-people well see something different but not quite be able to put their finger on it.

At about the same weight loss I was getting a lot of "have you got new glasses?" comments!

I had size 16 jeans on last night! :D
And I put a photo on facebook of me dressed up for halloween and have had soooooo many compliments about it :ashamed0005:

Nowt to do with weight, but perhaps to do with self esteem!

Pictures of the ex and who he cheated on me with have appeared on FB, and she looks a right dog!
Neither of them seem to have the concept of Halloween, and it goes to show, the good Halloween ideas came from me :)
I didn't go out for Halloween this year, but I know that if I go next year, I will look fab :)

Perhaps sounds a little bitter, but it's nice to think that he downgraded from me :D

A few months ago, I wouldn't have thought that at all. I may have said it, but not thought it or felt it inside.

I bought my first short dress in about 7/8years on saturday and feel good in it :D.

At zumba today there were some new people behind me and they said that they were copying me alot of the time (hard to see the front) as i knew what i was doing!!! Haha i wish but nice to hear all the same lol.

A colleague who I gave lift to tonight commented on my weightloss as he'd just come back from a few weeks honeymoon etc.

We both laughed as we agreed it's not a "blokey thing" to comment on weightloss, but he clearly noticed.

It is a buzz as he was unaware of my SW membership etc.

Steve

I love to read this thread. Well done people.

A girl at work whom I hadn't seen for a few weeks said 'WOW you've lost loads of weight now havne't you'?

Just gotta stop being silly now and picking again - little pickers wear big knickers !

Back