NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Best feeling ever - at my annual diabetes check, was told to stop taking the insulin as diet and drugs working very well.

Talk about getting your life back!

Not sure if I'll ever surpass that! - any insulin-dependent diabetic will realise the enormity of that little statement.:)

:wow: That is fantastic Maximus! I am so pleased for you :D

Just had a NSV.....i made a choice to have a Kelloggs bar instead of a Chocolate Brownie - IMO that is a NSV as i made the better choice!!!

x

Was at the oncology unit today and one of the nurses said I was looking really well and had I lost weight? :)

Thanks everyone. Yes fantastic news to come off the insulin. I'm on a different type of medication, and believe it or not I gained 1lb this week (my first ever gain). Rather than being down or depressed I figure the gain of 1lb is worth the insulin loss any day.

Besides, all the fatty tissue is turning to muscle because of all the miles of walking i do each week. All SW'ers know muscle is heavier than fat.

Yes, I'm still walking around with the silly grin - but now back to the program!

Any pre-diabetics, borderline diabetics or type II people out there I hope this gives you all a boost as to how in such a short time it can be turned around.

Steve

I'm not kidding myself here - but I had to post:

in matalan today I bought a size 18 very skinny top (normal blouses I am between a 14 - 16) to go under a kind of dressy shrug for Christmas Do's really as everything I now have is too large and baggy on me.

The shrug though - I thought the 16 looked too large and I picked up what I thought was a 14 - tried it on DD said it looked lovely and she rarely likes what I wear - got to pay and as I was paying I saw the tag in the scrug - it's a size 8 !

As I said I'm not kidding myself because it must be a large size 8 - but with my size 10 trousers I bought last week - whooopy dooooo.

I was a 20/22 on top and between 16 - 18 - 20 on the bottom depending on the cut and whether elasticated etc.

Time2beslim - Wow, that is fantastic. What a boost. I understand what you are saying about the sizes varying, but even so !! That's the great thing about losing weight. It doesn't actually matter about what size it is - if it's a larger size, you don't worry (because it's either smaller than you were and if it's the same, then you know you wouldn't have got into it before) and if it's smaller - BRILLIANT :)

Well done.

well i class this as a big NSV for me at least - ive never been happy with how i look perticularly as ive always been in a state of weight gain. but sine lossing basically 3.5 stone so far since my heaviest i for the first time the other day felt ok getting changed and showering at the gym. before hand i would goto the gym in my workout gear then drive home and change and shower there but i felt like i had to tackle it and i was so happy i did its really helped my confidence (and my car smells less like sweat). and im like im no spring chicken yet but im on my way there and people can take me for who i am now

Best feeling ever - at my annual diabetes check, was told to stop taking the insulin as diet and drugs working very well.

Talk about getting your life back!

Not sure if I'll ever surpass that! - any insulin-dependent diabetic will realise the enormity of that little statement.:)

I'm a bit late to your party but wow! That is really amazing and a fabulous incentive for anyone with type 2 to eat healthier.

Brilliant!

Loving all your NSVs ladies...!!

A couple of girls at my work stopped me yesterday to say I looked really well and had I lost more weight, and another one sent me an email asking what my secret was! Made me smile all day, it feels so good when people notice!! xxxxx

I've had a stunning winter coat sat in my wardrobe, tags stil attatched for the last 2 yrs, so last night i thought id get it out and try it on. well it only fits!!! soooo chuffed coz even tho i have lost 2st 1lb since august im not really noticing any difference in myself and feeling quite down about it. But now this has given me a good ol' confidence boost!!

Today I fitted into an older pair of black work pants that used to be uncomfortable to sit down in - feeling great!!!

Why do NSV's = wallet misery?

My comfy jeans and trousers are getting rather baggy and my favourite pair are falling off me.

Yay, well done everyone! I was really pleased yesterday when my OH said he could see a lot more definition in my face - this is only my fourth week on the plan and I hadn't noticed at all myself so it felt good that someone could see a difference! My clothes are also hanging a lot better on me - i'm so glad I started SW! :D xx

Ah - that makes me think of a NSV that I haven't had yet, but I'm aiming for: that is not to dam the bath when I sit in it! I'm not as tight a fit as I was, but the water behind me still doesn't get out unless I jiggle from side to side.

Anyone know roughly what weight/dress size I need to be to stop my hips & bum forming an insurmountable barrier? I know it's many years since I've had free-flowing bath water!

I haven't been on Minimins for a month or so and have just realised how much I have missed it!!!!

Well done everyone your NSV's are inspiring.

Went on holiday during half term and before we went I bought myself a soft pink dressing gown to wear down to the pool in the resort from M&S. I haven't been able to buy anything in there apart from underwear for ages. It is also 2 sizes smaller than my old one!!!

I've had a stunning winter coat sat in my wardrobe, tags stil attatched for the last 2 yrs, so last night i thought id get it out and try it on. well it only fits!!! soooo chuffed coz even tho i have lost 2st 1lb since august im not really noticing any difference in myself and feeling quite down about it. But now this has given me a good ol' confidence boost!!

Sometimes it takes a while for our brain to catch up. It will, well done :D

i no longer bruise when i hula hoop as ive toned down alot since i first started using it :)

i cant wait to fit into my size 10 jeans again :)

Back