NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Double whammy: Picked up a size 12 top in Topshop, thought 'that will never fit' and took a larger size in too. The 12 fit perfectly :D THEN went into H&M and tried on a smaller size of a dress I have recently bought and that was spot on as well! So will be returning my bigger dress tomorrow:party0049:

Chuffed to bits!!!
2 nsv in 1 week first one was last week when I seen my gran whos 95 for the 1st time in a month as I was on hols and she kept asking me to stand up and do a twirl lol i'm 44 so thought my twirling days were over but she says she can notice my weight loss and is over the moon
the second one was today and still cant believe it got into size 18 jeans and size 18 jacket and i could actually do it up, mum wanted to go to asda so had felt pretty good today after losing another 5lbs last night so straightened my hair and put some make up on and away we went to asda I was standing looking at something with my back to mum and she walked past me lol was down at the bottom of the freezer aisle and she realised she hadnt recognised me from the back because of the weight loss so came home walking on air lol and she sees me every day
sorry for going on but was so chuffed!!!!

sorry for going on but was so chuffed!!!!

Don't apologise. It's lovely to hear. I love reading stories like this. It's a boost for everyone.

Congratulations and well done. I'm really delighted for you.

Gail x

Fantastic NSV's ladies. Well done to you all.

(love the mum not recognising you one in particular - LOL )

I haven't seem much notice in my clothes although they have gone from tight to loose I am not yet down a size but I found some measurements I took last September, retook them and I have lost a staggering 45 inches! I am back off to see the BF in Germany in a month and the first few times I had to ask for a seatbelt extender, the last time I just just just managed to do it up without one and this time I am actually looking forward to tightening it, how sad's that :D

I`ve finally got back into my small blue jeans, you know the favourite pair that you just can`t part with ... they haven`t fit in 7 years and this morning they do, i`m sooooo chuffed :)

I was shopping yesterday and you know the big mirrors in the shops, well I usually walk past one and think urgh look at the state... But yesterday I walked past one and thought hmmmm, not bad!! :D

Brilliant Shell_y. And amazing progress. Only 1.5lbs off target according to your stats in such a short space of time. Wow ! Well done.

Kim - and so you should :)

Gail x

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Gail x

I was out yest with the monster to see the Christmas lights being turned on that i had lost loads, truthfully its only 7lbs, but was great to hear it x

first off i need to say how much i love this thread. its inspirational and gives me a much needed laugh and its a great reminder of how even when we don't see less numbers we can see things elsewhere.
now onto my very own NSV.
i have now lost 9lbs and i can tell but have not been told by anyone else yet.however today i went to topshop and i never go in because i hate their sizing.but today i saw a pair of jeans i liked but because im a short ass i had to go for petite and the only size they had was a size ten. so i thought for a laugh i would put them on and i actually got them on!!!!
i mean they gave me a horrendous muffin top and i wouldnt buy them.but i got them over my thighs and then my bum and then got them buttoned.it was a miracle.now decided i will loose the same amount again and go and buy them :)

Went to the pub last night, and perhaps a strange NSV, but I managed to fit through a gap in chairs that I would normally have got wedged in! So much so, that for a good 2 minutes afterwards, I stared at the gap in awe!

And nothing fits me anymore, which is good, but also bad as I usually hate clothes shopping! And all the clothes that I LOVED no longer fit :(:( Time for a shopping splurge :D

Back