NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I think they do it because it looks more impressive :)
3Kg is a little less than half a stone, but a sticker with 3 on it looks more impressive than one with 1/2 on it.

Mine would be a 51kg sticker rather than an 8.

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Today I had a great NSV. After starting slimming world 1 year ago at 19 1/2 stone and very unfit I feel like I've turned my life around. Today I ran the Bristol 10k. I finished in 1 hour 25 mins and feel so proud of myself.

I still have 3 stone to go to get to target but today was a good day.

X

Sarahc said:
Today I had a great NSV. After starting slimming world 1 year ago at 19 1/2 stone and very unfit I feel like I've turned my life around. Today I ran the Bristol 10k. I finished in 1 hour 25 mins and feel so proud of myself.

X

Brilliant news. You'll get there. Try to plan another race if you can, it will keep you motivated.
Well done Katoof :) :)

Hi twinkletoes, what are the 3.6.9 & 12 stickers in your sig? Xx

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

I would say its kilo awards???

I think they do it because it looks more impressive :)
3Kg is a little less than half a stone, but a sticker with 3 on it looks more impressive than one with 1/2 on it.

Mine would be a 51kg sticker rather than an 8.

The are indeed kilo awards and as far as I know, not intended to 'look more impressive' :p
I do SW on-line and they are the awards I got posted on my page :)
It was only after I got my first one and was trying to find out how to add it to my signature that I realised you all use stones ones on here ;)
But hey, who really cares :D

Sarahc
""Today I had a great NSV. After starting slimming world 1 year ago at 19 1/2 stone and very unfit I feel like I've turned my life around. Today I ran the Bristol 10k. I finished in 1 hour 25 mins and feel so proud of myself.

X""
Well done Sarahc that 's a great achievement :wow:

OMG. Ellebear, I've just seen your new photo and you look absolutely stunning. Wow.

Sarahc - I know exactly how you feel. I did the same today (just a little slower than you - just under 1hr 30mins) and felt really quite emotional about how far I've come.

Keep posting everyone. These are great to read :)

Gail x

X

Well done Sarah that's fantastic! x

Thanks everyone for ur comments everyone is so supportive on here and it really makes a difference.

Gail did u do the Bristol 10k, I may have seen u as we would of come in at practically the same time. I was running it in the Coco vest.

X

Brought the coach to 10k app and worked through that. I started in Jan but could of done more training as towards the end I was only going out once a week. I go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week too but again could have done more in the few months. Works been too busy lately. It's good to have someone to go with and music really helps.

I'm gonna sign up again next year and plan to run the whole way.

X

Hi Sarah,

Sorry, I was in Manchester today so unlikely to have seen you :p

You did pretty well if you did it in that time and didn't run it all. Was it quite hilly ?? Manchester was fairly flat really. Am so pleased for you. Good luck for next year.

Gail x

Yeah not sure I would of seen u from all the way down here lol. I did run most of it but my hips started hurting which made it difficult.

It was really flat which was good, just one small hill.

Well done to u, it takes quite a lot of guts to do it. I didn't think about all the people watching and then when I got there I was really worried, still feel a size 26 even though I'm a 16 now. my minds not caught up yet.

X

Yeah not sure I would of seen u from all the way down here lol. I did run most of it but my hips started hurting which made it difficult.

Well done to u, it takes quite a lot of guts to do it. I didn't think about all the people watching and then when I got there I was really worried, still feel a size 26 even though I'm a 16 now. my minds not caught up yet.

X

I had having a 'fat' mentality. I got told off in the bridal shop for having one. They said i need to stop telling myself nothing will fit. It will. I got a little emotional.

It will happen one day and you will be like 'bye bye fat thoughts'

Promise.

x

X

Sarah you are not alone in that. We are pretty similar actually - I started at size 24, now 14-16. It just doesn't seem right ! I keep thinking that when I go into shops they will look at me and say, sorry we won't have anything that fits you in here. Eeeek. Well done though - fantastic achievement.

Ellebear - I can't get over the newest picture of you (sorry, I know I've already commented on it but I can't help commenting again !). You just look absolutely amazing :D

Gail x

Ellebear - I can't get over the newest picture of you (sorry, I know I've already commented on it but I can't help commenting again !). You just look absolutely amazing :D

Gail x

Thanks Gail - it keeps me motivated to see where i was, where i am now - and keeps me going to get rid of the last 40lbs!!! :D

Thanks - your lovely comments make it all seem real :)

x

I am not sure if this counts as a NSV or a complete insult but I took it in the spirit it was intended!......

We went away last week with a few friends I haven't seen since Christmas:

My friend: "Wow, Kat you look fab have you lost weight?

Me: "Yes nearly 2 stone"

Friend: "Well you were getting a bit chunky to be fair so well done for sorting yourself out!"

:eek: :rolleyes: ;) :D

The friend in question was a boy and is known for his honesty so I gave him a punch in the arm and said thank you at the same time!.......

Wore a 4XL shirt to work today and it wasn't straining at the buttons.
I was in a 7XL shirt for comfort at my cousins wedding (the blue one in my "before" picture), so I've lost 3XL's since I started. :D

ellebear . . . really love your pics . . . i keep looking at them both thinkin . . no its not the same person, obviously it is . . .well done and gud luck with your last 40lb . . . . has got me motivated to shift my last 7lb so thanx

Back