NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Good Morning all
:clap: on the latest NSVs everyone

Well yesterday I was at the gym for 8am for my 3rd bash at running on the treadmill -I wanted to see if I could do more than the 3km I did last time and I DID .... I did 5km and was fine *apart from my obligatory day-glo beetroot face* :giggle: -it took me 45mins and used exactly 500cals according to the machine
:happy036: -the odd thing was that I didn't ache or anything :confused:. Probably the biggest NSV thing about it was that when I took my earphones out I didn't care that I sounded like a baby hippo in clogs *BOOM BOOM BOOM* as I ran :rotflmao:, and THEN the gym started filling up with loads of squaddies and I still carried on going -rather than cutting it short through embarrassment ;)-even though when I did finish I had to wade through them to escape :p........ohhhhh and then I walked home despite hubby offering me a lift as it was tipping it down :thankyouthankyou::giggle:
Now I just need to make myself get out of bed to do it every Monday and wednesday and then we play badminton for 1hr on Fridays -so at least that would cover the bulk of my exercise :p
I WILL be fit in time for my trek next year..I WILL :D
Have a lovely day everyone and keep those NSVs coming :clap:

Just read Capricorns post and now feel soooo inadequate :jelous: Well done by the way :)

My NSV is having to go out and buy new clothes in a smaller size. Belts are all well and good to keep up my jeans, but looking like I'm wearing a sack tied around the middle in a suit is NOT a good look :D

Wow! Capricorn, superb! Any nice squaddies??
I married the best one ;).... although when the PT instructors are working it does relieve the boredom of the gym somewhat :p

Trcy - .... there is nothing to feel inadequate about... Im usually on here claiming NSVs for smaller clothes :p
To be buying smaller clothes means you are obviously working hard and whatever you are doing is working :happy096:. Whatever you do, don't compare yourself to anyone else -its not worth it -I still have a long way to go , trust me :p. Keep up the great work my lovely :clap:

Well done Capricorn! :wow: 5k!! Awesome :D At least you're getting fit :whacky068: :D I'm still trying to get my backside into gear to go to the gym at all. I can only go in the morning when LO is at nursery but I always seem so busy in the mornings doing things I can't do when he's around :sigh: Or is that just an excuse :ashamed0005: ;)

Trcy - Smaller clothes :woohoo: Always a gr8 nsv hun :D Your going gr8 guns, keep it up :wee:

I went on holiday last week and was given the sort of towel that wouldn't wrap around my thigh last year - it wrapped around my body and had some left over! Also went to a family party at the weekend and was told I look really good but need to stop now. So annoying when I've got another 6lbs to get to a healthy bmi and they're worrying about me becoming anorexic. Hello have you seen how much I eat?! Sorry this has turned into a rant!
Well done all NSVs!

I picked up some size 12 shorts in Tesco today they fit! Was over the moon. Just need to get working on toning my legs now before I even think about buying them

When i started my journey I was a size 24/26. I've not really bought any new clothes since I started as I had all my hardly worn clothes that I grew out of but decided to treat myself with my Next birthday vouchers from July last year, I bought 3 tops, one a size 20 that fits fine round the waist but is too big round the back/bust my mum is taking it in for me as the 18 was a little too restrictive round the waist and i loved the colour, another was a size 16 but get this....one was a size 14 and I'm wearing it as i type, I never want to take it off....it is a floaty top so more fabric but its a 14, hubby said even a size 12 would fit.....it made my weekend and she shop assistant was so lovely and patient with me having to keep getting me smaller sizes in every top I tried and I tried on about 10 different tops.

I got wolf whistled - seriously- On my way into the gym! OMG!

Almost forgot about this ~ met someone in tesco that I haven't seen for ages and she says ''wow, you've lost loads of weight. you look great'' And I didn't say 'oh I've got more to go yet.' I accepted it and said ''Thank you'' :D

TwinkleToes2day said:
Almost forgot about this ~ met someone in tesco that I haven't seen for ages and she says ''wow, you've lost loads of weight. you look great'' And I didn't say 'oh I've got more to go yet.' I accepted it and said ''Thank you'' :D

Good for you! We all brush off compliments when we get then and we shouldn't... Go girl, and following your lead, the next time I get one I will do the same... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Thank you Sleepy :D ''I've got more to go'' was on the tip of my tongue when the little angel :devilangel: on my shoulder gave me a poke and said ''Oy, you've worked hard for this!'' So out popped my thanks :stickdance:
We've all worked hard, so accept the compliments when they come; it's been quite a long time for most of us since any even glanced in our direction :sigh: so when they do :D and say :thankyou:
:bestwishes: to everyone on all NSV's :wavey:

Had to punch some more holes in "The Belt" and my "only just fit me" jeans I found out 5 weeks ago now have to have a 2 inch tuck in the waist band. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Am now three dress sizes smaller than I was when I started :D
My "big" jeans actually just fall straight back down when I put them on, am keeping them for prosperity, always wanted to do one of those pics where you're half the size of the trousers and could fit two of you in them!

Have just hit a 4½ stone loss today, although not official until Monday so only have 7lbs left until I reach my first major goal, which was to lose 5 stone in 6 months (by my birthday of June 17th) which with 7lbs and 4 weeks left, I hope to acihive. Second part was a scale victory I guess but whatever :p

When I went away last weekend my fella nagged me to go on the fair -I didn't want to as I was sure the bar wouldn't close down- in the end he wore me down and I agreed, we sat in the seat and the girl came along and pushed down on the bar, I breathed in as much as I could and forced myself as far back into the seat as was possible, but it was no good she couldn't fasten it and walked off to get the beefy bloke who was operating the ride, I was mortified and said to my fella, see I told you omg the shame, well I'm not waiting for him to come over, with that the ride starts up the girl had fastened the bar and it came no where near my belly :D

i had a couple of friends compliment me on my weight loss last night - and i said 'thank you' - but a little NSV fail crept in when i kept on about it was the way my clothes were layering on my body giving a slimmer illusion. WTF!!!! i wish i had just kept my mouth shut, but my 'fat' person head was there blabbing away as usual.

Sad isnt it?

Ellebear said:
i had a couple of friends compliment me on my weight loss last night - and i said 'thank you' - but a little NSV fail crept in when i kept on about it was the way my clothes were layering on my body giving a slimmer illusion. WTF!!!! i wish i had just kept my mouth shut, but my 'fat' person head was there blabbing away as usual.

Sad isnt it?

Yes, but we all do it, I find I blabber on about how I won't get much further as I never do... Set myself up for a fail... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Someone said the same to me the other day and I said oh it's probably because I've got my hair tied back!!! Next time I'll try and say just thank u he he!;)

my friend said i looked lovely and i was like "no i dont" but then said "thankyou though" lol trying to make up for it! and oh said i looked very glamorous :eek:

Back