NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I am only in my first week so haven't had an nsv yet but just wanted to say how motivating this thread is. I can't wait to add my own now when the weight starts to come off xx

I've got in a next 18 skirt that I've had since having my eldest nearly seven years ago. I've been in other stores 18's for a while but for me next always seem small so this is an achievement for me.

A belt which I could only just about get to the first notch on a few months ago is now comfortable at the first notch and can just about get the 2nd. Woohoo. (although after my Sunday lunch I have to wait an hour or so before trying. Haha)

I've had a week full of NSVs!

First, I bumped into a Mum at school who I haven't seen for a while and she said she nearly walked straight past me as she didn't recognise me for a second...

Secondly, I bought a pair of shorts for my next holiday in October in a size 14, with a target of getting into them by then - and they already fit!

And lastly, I completed my Race for Life today in 37 minutes (in 26 degree heat). Five months ago I couldn't run 5 metres, let alone run for most of 5km!

All in all, a great week! :D

I resisted the burger van and beer tent at Hyde Park yesterday - Bon Jovi were amazing - day made all the more brilliant by the size 14 shorts I was wearing to enjoy the sun :D

I broke new ground today and did something I'd never have done in the 'olden days'!! My dh and I went for a carvery lunch and it was £9.50 for 2 courses. I asked if I could just have 1 course as I only wanted the carvery and they said yes but I would still have to pay the £9.50! I was so tempted to say "to hell with it" and have pudding as I was paying for it anyway, which I would DEFINITELY have done pre SW! But I resisted! It was tricky at the time, but once I drove away from the restaurant I felt very angelic!! If tomorrow's WI doesn't reward me with a decent loss I shall be most aggrieved!!X

I would have taken the pudding home in a doggy bag and had it after weigh in :8855:

Eureka

In my 'past life' whenever someone upset me I used to go stuff my face with that silliest of attitudes ''I'll show them''..:confused:..how very stupid, crazy & totally nonsensical - however - these past few days I have been having that same attitude BUT it's aimed at food!! IYKWIM ? What a great step forward, in that I seem to have found the determination to succeed at this plan and 'beat' food :woohoo: Go me! :wee:

TwinkleToes2day said:
In my 'past life' whenever someone upset me I used to go stuff my face with that silliest of attitudes ''I'll show them''..:confused:..how very stupid, crazy & totally nonsensical - however - these past few days I have been having that same attitude BUT it's aimed at food!! IYKWIM ? What a great step forward, in that I seem to have found the determination to succeed at this plan and 'beat' food :woohoo: Go me! :wee:

I feel the same . Were in control. It's a great feeling x

Great NSVs everyone

My rather odd NSV is that I damaged my achilies playing badminton on Friday (no thats not it)-anyhoo, today hubby got home from work and declared that "if 1 more person asks me where you were today -I will scream" :p -it seems that they are so used to seeing me in the gym with them in a morning that they were worried "where the crazy lady who *beasts* herself" was -half of them don't even work with hubby .... who would have thought I could be such a regular in a gym that they notice when Im not there :D
I have only missed today and Im going stir crazy already :sigh: -but I have promised not to go until I know my achilies is better *although I may sneak in there on Thursday and just use the upper body weight machines* ;)

I <3 Reading this thread - it really helps me stay motivated :) tomorrow I am going to wear size 24 trousers to work - they are a bit on the tight side but that will stop me eating too much before weigh in!
I have decided I am officially a 24 on the bottom now cos I have also got a pair of size 24 jeans - not bad for someone who was squeezing into 26s 7 weeks ago :)

My NSVs for this week are-I ran the race for life on Sunday in 33'52, in stifling 30 degree temperatures!
And also I was rooting thru my wardrobe and spotted a pair of jeans that my cousins gave me! I tried them on and they fit, well not overly comfortable but I got them on and they fastened and I could move lol!! When I took them off I realised they were Next Size 18!!!!!!!!! Now I'm under no illusions that I'm nowhere near a size 18, but am still chuffed to bits :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last night I realised I've had a NSV too .... my belly button piercing doesn't get infected like it used to and I suspect that its because as I've lost weight it has got looser again and no longer pulls and rubs on the skin. Happy me :)

Congratulations to previous posters, I've been skimming through and am so pleased for everyone's achievements.

I put on a top I hadn't worn for ages on Saturday and noticed it had gone really baggy on me, and yesterday I realised that I could pull a pair of jeans on and off without undoing them (they were tight on me a few months ago and had to lie down to fasten them). Odd thing is for ages I barely noticed any difference for months then all of a sudden I notice these changes!

Ok my little list of nsv

1, Clear wardrobe of clothes that are too big. All gone 8 skirts, 3 trousers, 4 dresses, 6 tops

2. Bought a new pair of trousers - size 18 and they fit well comfy

3. People who did not know i was dieting double looked and said you have lost loads of weight

Yay, i am getting there, i can do it, i will do it:superwoman:

I'm very proud of myself at the moment - my boss brought in cakes and sweets (LOADS OF THEM) on monday, and they've been sitting on the desk next to mine ever since, with people offering me them regularly (I suspect to off-set their own guilt at eating them!) and my boss trying to guilt people into "finishing them off" and I have completely resisted them :D:D.

I've had more than enough food in with me and I didn't want to use my syns on something that I would have scoffed in 3 seconds flat and not properly enjoyed. Not eating them wasn't even a consideration.

I used to always take in my elderly neighbours prescription delivery weekly, as she was housebound until her daughter moved in with her late last yr, they have gone on holiday and the man knocked on my door and started to tell me that the lady that used to live here would take in the neighbours parcel, he stopped mid sentence and looked me up and down and said "It's you isn't it? but theres a lot less of you" :)

Back