NSVs - Non Scale Victories

WelshCake said:
I used to always take in my elderly neighbours prescription delivery weekly, as she was housebound until her daughter moved in with her late last yr, they have gone on holiday and the man knocked on my door and started to tell me that the lady that used to live here would take in the neighbours parcel, he stopped mid sentence and looked me up and down and said "It's you isn't it? but theres a lot less of you" :)

I love this!!!!! What a great NSV :)

Today, for the first time in 6 months of SW my husband weighed his HEA Cheese all on his own!!! I have been trying to get it into his head the whole time that he can't eat half a block of cheese a day and still be on plan so this is a huge achievement!

My nsv is an odd one but, to me it chuffed me no end... Sitting with a friend in Costa coffee, drinking my skinny latte... My ex sister in law came in sat behind me and said in a loud voice, 'That's her, his Damn sister' to her friend... The friend said 'But I thought you said she was fat'... lol... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

My nsv is an odd one but, to me it chuffed me no end... Sitting with a friend in Costa coffee, drinking my skinny latte... My ex sister in law came in sat behind me and said in a loud voice, 'That's her, his Damn sister' to her friend... The friend said 'But I thought you said she was fat'... lol... xx

Thats great and made me laugh - hope you turned round and grinned.

Me - well I fitted into a pair of size 10 trousers I have had for ages!!

sleepytimesadie said:

That's amazing. Lol.

I had to adjust all my bra straps this week - does that count? I haven't lost an incredible amount so no one has noticed anything but I've noticed lots of little things with the way things fit etc which includes my bra straps being too big. :)

That's amazing. Lol.

I had to adjust all my bra straps this week - does that count? I haven't lost an incredible amount so no one has noticed anything but I've noticed lots of little things with the way things fit etc which includes my bra straps being too big. :)

It definitely counts!! Wait til you get to the trousers falling down stage - keep an eye out for it as it can get you in some trouble if you don't realise and leave the house :)

wenchie said:
I'm very proud of myself at the moment - my boss brought in cakes and sweets (LOADS OF THEM) on monday, and they've been sitting on the desk next to mine ever since, with people offering me them regularly (I suspect to off-set their own guilt at eating them!) and my boss trying to guilt people into "finishing them off" and I have completely resisted them :D:D.

I've had more than enough food in with me and I didn't want to use my syns on something that I would have scoffed in 3 seconds flat and not properly enjoyed. Not eating them wasn't even a consideration.

That's really good - great determination.
It's the same at my place at the moment too. I pick stuff up occasionly and leave them in my drawer- I know in a week or 2 one of about 8 people will be on a chocolate scrounge - they know to come to me!!!
Must admit, doesn't really bother me.
I have a couple of cakes bars with the syns stuck on a post-it if it's TOTM

Picked up 3 size 10 dresses in the Fatface sale today. Realised after I'd tried them on that there was a side zip but I didn't need to undo it! :)

busywoman said:
Picked up 3 size 10 dresses in the Fatface sale today. Realised after I'd tried them on that there was a side zip but I didn't need to undo it! :)

That's an amazing one, well done you. I don't need to undo my jeans anymore, haven't quite got to the next size down (although as they haven't been worn for about 4 years this could be because they need stretching out a bit) but I have to wear a belt and can pull them down no effort. Hehe.

888sally888 said:
Thats great and made me laugh - hope you turned round and grinned.

Me - well I fitted into a pair of size 10 trousers I have had for ages!!

I did... And well done you... I haven't been a size 10 since I was 10... xx

dreamslim said:
That's amazing. Lol.

And that makes all the difference, after all its you that you are losing weight for... Well done... xx

sleepytimesadie said:
And that makes all the difference, after all its you that you are losing weight for... Well done... xx

Thank you, think I needed reminding of that, starting to wonder why people haven't noticed the 11lbs of me that's missing. Haha.

I've been on a flabelos machine, only 3 sessions so far but my bum has noticeably lifted!

Picked up a pair of size 12 miss selfridge jeans in the charity shop 2 weeks ago, today they fit (bit of muffin top!!) so I now feel officially like a 12!!

Thank you, think I needed reminding of that, starting to wonder why people haven't noticed the 11lbs of me that's missing. Haha.

Yes that's definitely an NSV! :D

It took for me to lose over a stone before anyone (except my OH, bless him!!) said a dicky-bird to me - but don't worry once they start they come thick and fast - and it feels good! Well done on your first NSV - here's to many more :D :D

yesterday hu by was asking me how much weight I had lost and I said I thought I had lost all the weight I had put on when I gave up smoking. He went to got our wedding photo (taken about a month before I gave up) and said - you definitely have lost more than that cos you are thinner than you were in this picture, and you bought that dress to make you look thinner.

I'm not sure if thats an NSV - but its about as near as my OH gets to compliment (this is a man who when he saw me walking down the aisle uttered those immortal words - blimey - look at you.......:))

yesterday hu by was asking me how much weight I had lost and I said I thought I had lost all the weight I had put on when I gave up smoking. He went to got our wedding photo (taken about a month before I gave up) and said - you definitely have lost more than that cos you are thinner than you were in this picture, and you bought that dress to make you look thinner.

I'm not sure if thats an NSV - but its about as near as my OH gets to compliment (this is a man who when he saw me walking down the aisle uttered those immortal words - blimey - look at you.......:))

Definitely hun! A great NSV

My wedding and engagement ring have become a bit loose recently, so I have taken them to a local jewellers to be resized. They each need 2 full sizes taking out!!!

I'm a bit like Noahs Ark - lost (nearly!) 2 stone, 2 dress sizes and 2 ring sizes :D!!

Barsi said:
My wedding and engagement ring have become a bit loose recently, so I have taken them to a local jewellers to be resized. They each need 2 full sizes taking out!!!

I'm a bit like Noahs Ark - lost (nearly!) 2 stone, 2 dress sizes and 2 ring sizes :D!!

Well done... cool nsv... xx

I've decided to count this one as a win... I look awful today because the top I'm wearing is hanging off of me! It fitted really nicely when I did my last wardrobe sort out (and hadn't fitted me at all before that) so I suspect it may be time to do another one! :D

I'm off work this week and I was just thinking the same thing. Half my clothes should go on ebay. It's great isn't it!!!

Last edited:
Back