NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Just finished the first week of a couch to 10k program which is amazing as usually with that kind of thing I'd do the first day then give up. Can't wait to start the second week on Friday :D

I have knee high sock boots on today - just went to get up and visit the ladies, and saw my sock boot was by my ankle and my Piglet socks were on display for the world to see.

not cool.

lol

Just finished the first week of a couch to 10k program which is amazing as usually with that kind of thing I'd do the first day then give up. Can't wait to start the second week on Friday :D

I have been saying I am going to start the C25K program any day but not got round to doing it - this has made me think I really, really want to do it!!!

Did you find it hard getting motivated at first??

Well done for keeping at it :D :D

Katerpillar said:
I have been saying I am going to start the C25K program any day but not got round to doing it - this has made me think I really, really want to do it!!!

I was the same-once you get out there and start doing it, you'll probably find you enjoy it! I love it now-bordering on addicted :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welshtigger said:
NSV for today!! Saw mr marine this evening ;) and the first thing he said when I got out of the car was 'wow! Someone looks like they've lost weight' :D :D it's only a week since I saw him last but I think wearing clothes that fit properly help-rather than the baggy jeans and top I had on last night :) am still chuffed to bits :D

Just to add to this one-I took a pic on Saturday before the wedding i went to and I posted it on fb! Now I don't like having my pic taken at the best of times but thought I looked ok, but it's the first pic I've put on fb in a long time-and have lost 22lbs since the last one, so have had 19 comments and 11 likes which is good to start, however today mr marine commented on my pic to say 'check you out ;) x' so that made me smile lots and lots

My best mates fiance had a "little" too much to drink and started calling everyone names based on something about their body thinking he was hilarious!

His mate who has rather large hearing apparatus was getting called big ears, my friend with a beer belly was buddha, then he got to me and goes alright skinny :D

Evening All!

I've already posted this in my food diary but just thought I'd report my Non-Scale-Victory on here too. I fit into a size 10 Pied A Terre skinny jeans in House of Fraser and that's on * week! I'm soooooooooooo chuffed because I've only been a size 10 on the bottom once and it only lasted a fortnight but I'm in control now so I'm hoping it will last a bit longer this time lol! For anyone who's losing their mojo please don't & just give it 100% because SW really really works! Xx

I've just done day 1 level 1 of 30 day shred, last time I did it I was a stone heavier. This time I found it much easier to manage, last time I thought I was going to die, today I was red faced but not fighting for breath! So pleased, of course I'm losing weight to look better, but the health benefits are so amazing I'm astounded! Yey!

I've just done day 1 level 1 of 30 day shred, last time I did it I was a stone heavier. This time I found it much easier to manage, last time I thought I was going to die, today I was red faced but not fighting for breath! So pleased, of course I'm losing weight to look better, but the health benefits are so amazing I'm astounded! Yey!

If you think you're going to die follow Anita lol! Well done. It will only get easier!!

I think what helped me is I have just really gotten back into the swing of slimming. Plus after doing the Race for Life in June I really found a love for that sort of stuff and now would like to do some 5k and 10k races.

I looked at doing C25K however included too much running for me at the beginning. Whenever I have tried it before I have found the initial 1-2 minutes running way to much and thought screw this and given up. However, with the C210k I'm doing you start off with 30s running in every 5 minutes so lots of walking. Its like that for almost 4 weeks before you start upping the running by which point I expect I will be seriously power walking and sprinting the 30s.

Stopped in the chippy on the way back from WI (Thursday is treat night.) and the lady serving said "you've lost loads of weight." :D

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Just done the first Day of my Week 2 Couch 2 10k and already I'm jogging about twice the speed I was and walking a lot faster too. Probably went about 500m further today, if not more, than this time last week. So I am currently over the moon!!

Cherry-Blossom said:
Just done the first Day of my Week 2 Couch 2 10k and already I'm jogging about twice the speed I was and walking a lot faster too. Probably went about 500m further today, if not more, than this time last week. So I am currently over the moon!!

Brilliant-well done x

I'm wearing leggings out tonight for the first time ever....I always had too fat legs & looked horrendous in them. I took the plunge & bought a new top, leggings & shoes for a night out with the girls.

big bear said:
I'm wearing leggings out tonight for the first time ever....I always had too fat legs & looked horrendous in them. I took the plunge & bought a new top, leggings & shoes for a night out with the girls.

I was exactly the same but plucked up the courage a few weeks ago to wear a dress and leggings. I felt really girly and confident and everyone commented on how nice I looked. I'm normally a jeans and top girl on nights out. But no more. Have fun .

Back