NSVs - Non Scale Victories

The whole point of my joining SW was to wear a size 14 dress to my stepdaughter's wedding next saturday (I was struggling into size 18's back in Feb). I've left it as late as possible to buy my outfit but last week I ordered almost £1000 worth :)eek:) of outfits from the internet (don't worry!! most of them are going back!! lol) and my final choice is a sexy little black dress that looks like its been sprayed on, teamed with a black and red flowered jacket for daytime and a posh silky floaty maxi dress in a lush purple colour for evening, (most of my clothes are purple, lol) all in size 14's. Just to be on the safe side I also bought one of those underslips that suck you in so much that you cant breathe and guess what??????? I don't need the underslip!!!!

:bliss:​

They all fit beautifully and there's even some room in the black dress so I'll be able to enjoy the meal (melon starter, carvery, then sorbet so should be easy to stay on plan food wise). There's an evening buffet but I rarely eat at evening do's anyway so not worried about that, so I reckon I'll be able to enjoy the breakfast we're having on sunday morning.

I've had a couple over the past few days.

1) 2 people noticed I'd lost weight on wednesday, they know I'm dieting but still.

2) My daughter hugged me and said "ooh mummy my arms can go right round you now."

3)I went to Frankie and Benny's for dinner yesterday (had steak and a jacket potato twas yummy) sat in a booth seat and fit in the gap comfortably.

Went to my bosses wedding last night and wore a dress for the first time since about 1991!!! Felt quite self conscious at first but once I had a drink or 10 I felt fine. Also he had some lovely food on all creamy chicken & sausage casseroles, chips & potatoes etc. So I had a very small plate of stir fry, it's just a shame it was a free bar so I drank loads

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Ellebear said:
I had my legs out last night!!!! in a dress!!!!

size 14 dress too.

OMG!

Good on you EB!!

One of my OH friends told me last night that i was looking really good & that i looked alot more confident than he'd seen me in years :) nice to hear

My boyfriend's mother told me today that I look like a new woman! :)

And earlier today I tried on my old trousers (size 22 - I'm now about a 14) - and my boyfriend told me that soon I'd be able to fit two of me in there!

Also, the belt I could barely get round my waist - couldn't even do it up at the first hole - at the start of the year is now on the tightest hole.

Today I'm feeling quite cheerful, I must admit! Still got quite a way to go, but I really feel as if I can do it, and I'm so pleased with how far I've come.

Today I'm feeling quite cheerful, I must admit! Still got quite a way to go, but I really feel as if I can do it, and I'm so pleased with how far I've come.
And so you should be. Well done who_la_hoop - crackin' loss since Xmas!

I don't know if I should claim this as a victory or not...

I went shopping in Asda today to pick up some new school ware for Sept as the trousers I bought are now knackered and I decided to try on the kid's back to school stuff, as I'm short and now skinny, I buy kid's shoes when I can, so why not, eh? Well, I bought 1 pair of trousers in Age 11-12 (just the right length for when I am not in heels) and 1 pair in age 13-14 (heels length but I have to use the adjustable waist to tighten them. So, Victory? Or Embarassing tale, you decide! ;)

I went shopping in Asda today to pick up some new school ware for Sept as the trousers I bought are now knackered and I decided to try on the kid's back to school stuff, as I'm short and now skinny, I buy kid's shoes when I can, so why not, eh? Well, I bought 1 pair of trousers in Age 11-12 (just the right length for when I am not in heels) and 1 pair in age 13-14 (heels length but I have to use the adjustable waist to tighten them. So, Victory? Or Embarassing tale, you decide! ;)

I vote victory and am very jealous, wish I could get away with kids sizes even when i do reach target ...think of all the money I could save ....snot fair !!

I've bought a long pair of boots and instead of pull on ones I can actually fit in a pair that zip up over my calves! :D

I was at work this morning and it was around 11.30 and I said 'Roll on lunchtime 'cos I'm starving.' The reply from a lady I know vaguely was 'You're only tiny, I bet you don't eat much.' If she only knew.

Victory!!! I'm short as well and I've got an age 13 Next sundress! I'm going to wear it to a very posh do. Think of the VAT you're not paying!

Threw out the size 14 jeans as I was so sick of hitching them up every two minutes even with a belt! Bought a pair of size 12s instead :D

Now just waiting for the size 18 chest to melt!!!

I've just packed a suitcase with no less than 15 pairs of jeans that no longer fit me.
I'll sort them out proper at the weekend as some are brand new still with the tags on and some are little more than rags having been worn through or ripped at work.
Those in good nick will go down to the charity shop and the rest will end up as rags in the shed.

ColJack said:
I've just packed a suitcase with no less than 15 pairs of jeans that no longer fit me.
I'll sort them out proper at the weekend as some are brand new still with the tags on and some are little more than rags having been worn through or ripped at work.
Those in good nick will go down to the charity shop and the rest will end up as rags in the shed.

Wow, that's brilliant! Well done :D

ColJack said:

That's fantastic. Why don't you put the new ones with tags on eBay? The proceeds could go towards some new clothes as you need them :)

kingleds said:
Today, my enture outfit is size 16 clothes. First time in 10 years :)

That's brilliant :) sometimes seeing clothes sizes change is more exciting an satisfying than seeing scales change. When I started slimming world, my target wasn't weight, but clothes size instead.
Well done :D

Girl in the office is just back from hols and brought us all chocolate.
It is my FAVOURITE chocolate and ive been known to eat multiple bars in one go, anyway, I have managed to stay away from it altogether, despite them taunting me about it! Yay!

Back