NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Can I claim one for my husband?

He was a 42" waist and XXXL shirt and now he is in a 38" & XL! :D He is a pain in the bum, and claimed his trousers fitted fine, but as you can tell, they were a wee bit on the big size! :D

lilaloves said:
Girl in the office is just back from hols and brought us all chocolate.
It is my FAVOURITE chocolate and ive been known to eat multiple bars in one go, anyway, I have managed to stay away from it altogether, despite them taunting me about it! Yay!

Well done that's great resolve... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

I had a nice one today - a woman at work told me I'm like the incredible shrinking woman and every time she sees me there is less of me to see!

Lovely NSVs again everyone..

:happy096: to Mr shrimpy ... my hubby can claim a couple more too today - firstly he came home from work all :eek: as he had been stopped by 4 people who commented on how well and toned he looked - so he explained that I do SW and by proxy -he eats it too ;), and "this is the result" - apparently hubby thought it odd for men to be passing comments about other men :confused: -then 1 of the guys came sidling up to him later when he was on his own to "borrow a wrench" --- ooh and whilst Im here -just what does SW involve??? :rotflmao: -hubby said I would write it down for him :p
Then he put on one of those super lycra long sleeved running tops (I got them to go under his polos on cold days on the golf course) -well it has gone from "super skin tight" to hanging loose :clap:

I will claim another one for ME :D -after finding the outdoor pool last week and doing a 70 length and 90 length session .. I got ready and hubby took me yesterday and they were closed because of the weather :cry: -so I rang up this morning and in my "best" German asked if they were open -and they were :bliss: -so off I went and did 80 lengths (wanted 100 but there was a storm a brewin)-mainly in the rain :p -I had the pool all to myself -it seems only the crazy English woman swims in the rain :confused: (its a POOL so Im gonna get wet anyway!!!) it was heaven -even if sometimes it was like swimming in the sea as the wind whipped across the pool :character00117: and then I walked the 40mins home :D -
Now I know how far it is I plan on walking there and back in future -save hubby escaping work to drop me off and I wil burn more wobble :bunnydance:
keep em coming everyone -its really inspiring :clap:

I've got to tell you all this one - it comes under the category of either "Kids say the funniest things"

or

"Out of the mouths of babes"

Nicked from my own diary thread today lol.

I simply have to tell you all of the NSV (non scale victory) I had tonight - just finishing my walk, well into the last mile of 5, a group of young lads were "waiting for me" I knew they were going to abuse me, but being an icon, its part of the job;)

One of them shouted "Hey baldy!"

(if any of you recall my pics I shave down to the wood)**

so I replied "Hey, you forgot to call me fatty as well!"

"But Mister, you're not fat, man - ya dead skinny"

:D like a Cheshire cat I am.

**my before and after pics
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-inspirational-photos/216295-maximus-minimised.html

I've got to tell you all this one - it comes under the category of either "Kids say the funniest things"

or

I simply have to tell you all of the NSV (non scale victory) I had tonight - just finishing my walk, well into the last mile of 5, a group of young lads were "waiting for me" I knew they were going to abuse me, but being an icon, its part of the job;)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-inspirational-photos/216295-maximus-minimised.html

That's amazing, fantastic pictures, what a difference, you should be grinning like a Cheshire Cat, you deserve it x

Maximus said:

or

That is so funny, I laughed out loud! Well done you, you're looking great!

A little NSV today for me. My legs used to rub horribly but now when I stand in front of the mirror in my skinny jeans with my legs together there is a little glimmer of sunlight between my thighs - very small but it's there! Hurrah!

Last night I met up with a friend I haven't seen in a while. I showed her a pic of me (in only bra and pants) when my sister tried to spray tan me (never ever should have let her near me!) and once my friend had stopped crying with laughter she told me I looked really toned - we had been talking about my weight loss earlier in the conversation and how I feel like I have a bit of a wobbly belly lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

or

Brilliant!!!

Mine is that my consultant at group last night said she didn't recognise me when I walked in this week as my face is so much thinner!

My new nsv is I've bought a new pair of jeans and a new pair of trousers both in a size 14 and they both fit!!! So happy :D

I left it a bit late to go to the loo and then realized i'd actually only undone my belt, not my button or zip! Goodbye size 16 jeans. :)

I had a nice one today - a woman at work told me I'm like the incredible shrinking woman and every time she sees me there is less of me to see!

Ahhhh that is exactly what my mum described me as when I went up for her birthday! Ive lost about 3 stone since she last saw me. We are both shrinkydinks! :D

had a couple of nsv's the last few weeks - we went on holiday to our usual haunt and people that havent seen me for 9 months couldnt believe that it was me :eek:) Much happiness!!! Also kept being told not to shift anymore weight (hello???? still an 18!!) and although it was a scale victory i only put on a pound so im a happy chappy and my clothes still fit!

Ive just bought some new jeans in the sales, bargain at just £1! lol gorgeous grey skinny jeans ;0) in size 16!! ok so they are a little too tight to be comfy, and they have stretch in but OMG i was a size 28/30 in january! whoop!!

moroccan_blonde said:
Ive just bought some new jeans in the sales, bargain at just £1! lol gorgeous grey skinny jeans ;0) in size 16!! ok so they are a little too tight to be comfy, and they have stretch in but OMG i was a size 28/30 in january! whoop!!

Brilliant!! Well done!

I've got a good but sad NSV. The good bit - my size 12 work trousers were so big and baggy that I could take them off without undoing them, and at work they flapped around my hips. So on Monday I bought a new pair of work trousers - size 10! Fitted nicely! Only now when I'm walking around I'm missing the smug feeling of losing weight. How stupid is that! I think I'm just going to have to wear them again to make myself feel better again!

Got married 13 years ago and piled on the weight, tried my wedding dress on today when getting the suitcase out of the loft and yay not only does it fit - but it is too big....

Got married 13 years ago and piled on the weight, tried my wedding dress on today when getting the suitcase out of the loft and yay not only does it fit - but it is too big....

Well done! I think I've got to lose another 1/2 stone before I fit into my wedding dress.

Someone in work offered to bring in buns to say thank you for me helping him out and he asked what I wanted by saying 'don't take this the wrong way but you don't look like a cream bun girl' lol if only they knew, I love cream buns

I only started there a few weeks before I got to target so still think it's funny that some people only know me thinner.

Back