NSVs - Non Scale Victories

JAM21 said:
Thank you Chelle - and what a fab loss so far!. In my mind the slower to loose, the easier to keep it off! Have a great weekend.

Thank you... I am so excited, like a kid at Christmas... Lol, 48 years old and counting down the hours... Sad old git... Bless... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

skinnyminx said:
Not a new one - I saw it in someones post the other week and thought to myself - I wonder....

Well whilst out shopping today tried on a couple of pairs of long boots and I could get them on - yes!!! no more hunting for wide calf fitting boots.:8855:

He he. That was me. Isn't it a great NSV?!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hubby drove us to Wokingham yesterday, first time I've been in his car for ages, and I realised normally his bucket seats hurt my thighs and the seat belt socket would dig in...but no more!

He he. That was me. Isn't it a great NSV?!!! :)

love it - so pleased you posted it as i wou;d never have thought of trying any on.....

Weeellll last night the b/f went "ooh you're getting slimmer" WOAH NO ****, it's only taken him five stone to notice :confused: :sigh: Apparently our arses no longer have to squish past each other in the kitchen :rolleyes:

ALSO I can now fit on *ANY* seat on the train with room to spare! :) And Im not so terrified of sitting on seats where there are people each side. Before I could only sit on the end seat at the glass and kind of sit diagonally :( And I would NEVER sit next to another person.

ermintrude said:
Weeellll last night the b/f went "ooh you're getting slimmer" WOAH NO ****, it's only taken him five stone to notice :confused: :sigh: Apparently our arses no longer have to squish past each other in the kitchen :rolleyes:

ALSO I can now fit on *ANY* seat on the train with room to spare! :) And Im not so terrified of sitting on seats where there are people each side. Before I could only sit on the end seat at the glass and kind of sit diagonally :( And I would NEVER sit next to another person.

That's fab! I still don't like sitting near people! As for bf perhaps you ought to 'suddenly realise' he's a blonde/brunette or that he has a black car whatever! Men are bloody useless! I think you ought to rename him Sherlock lol
I walked through a gap between cars yesterday I wouldn't have attempted before!

That's fab! I still don't like sitting near people! As for bf perhaps you ought to 'suddenly realise' he's a blonde/brunette or that he has a black car whatever! Men are bloody useless! I think you ought to rename him Sherlock lol
I walked through a gap between cars yesterday I wouldn't have attempted before!

Ha ha, Sherlock, I think I will!:D Noo I still dont *like* sitting next to people, Id far prefer it if they'd p*** off and find another seat :D But it's far less humiliating than it used to be. I can now glare at them and swerve my eyes to empty seats... :cool:

ermintrude said:
Ha ha, Sherlock, I think I will!:D Noo I still dont *like* sitting next to people, Id far prefer it if they'd p*** off and find another seat :D But it's far less humiliating than it used to be. I can now glare at them and swerve my eyes to empty seats... :cool:

Lol! I like people but not too close!

Right so my weight loss has been really slow and in the past 2 weeks have only lost 0.5lbs. When I started slimming world I was wearing size 20s then after a 14lb loss moved on down to 18s. The other day I put on a pair of size 18 trousers I hadn't won for 2 weeks and they were really really loose on me. Also my size 16 coat from last winter fits me now as I can button it up all the way and it's a really fitted coat. My size 16 firetrap jacket also fits me really well. Is it possible that I am making my way into a proper size 16?? Next size 16 jean size :D please by the end of October.

I am wearing size 12 trousers today! I started the year wearing size 22 :D :D :D :D :D

Thank you! :) I feel so pleased!

who_la_hoop said:
I am wearing size 12 trousers today! I started the year wearing size 22 :D :D :D :D :D

Oh my word that's a change & a half... Well done you that's an amazing achievement!! I've just read it out to my boyfriend too, it's inspirational :) xxx

I went out last night and forgot to put my nicotine patch on before leaving the house...I didn't crave a cigarette once! :D:D Maybe I've finally laid the demons to rest :)

Shame I couldn't have the same willpower when it comes to alcohol :drunk: :sign0137:

I went out last night and forgot to put my nicotine patch on before leaving the house...I didn't crave a cigarette once! :D:D Maybe I've finally laid the demons to rest :)

Shame I couldn't have the same willpower when it comes to alcohol :drunk: :sign0137:

Well done on the non patch night :D great going...... once you're settled with that, you can think about the beer..... I stopped the smoking a few years ago, and now I've at last managed to reduce the beer.... but not always!! ;)

I completed my first 10k run today :happy036:

I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of myself - I took part in the BUPA Great Yorkshire Run in Sheffield and finished in 1 hour 2 minutes and 46 seconds. Out of 10,000 people, I was 3337 to cross the line, and the 946th woman to cross the line :bliss:

I've achieved so much this year so far - stopping smoking, losing weight and now completing runs of this level x

What a fab NSV, Barsi - well done!

I haven't seen my friend for a while and when she popped into the shop to see me she said how amazing I was looking.

Another friend from my Outdoor Group said that I was looking great and had I lost weight.

Also one lady in my SW group say that I look amazing and so different from when I started.

I'm looking forward to seeing my parents as they haven't seen me since I've lost 2 stone, they are going to be shocked, I look completely different.

Love NSVs, great thread xxx

Got told by a colleague today "oh I didn't realise you'd lost so much weight" cos I was wearing something less baggy :)

Back